PG Music Home
Here's some people that I have NO idea who they are doing a great rendition of one of my favorite songs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S23VK1v9dB8
great job! Thanks for posting!
Bob,

I've never heard this before. It's excellent! Thanks for posting.

Regards,
Noel
Scary good. sick

Good to have in-ear monitors when singing something like this!
excellent
Love it. Takes me back to the first time I heard Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. There is something super about really good harmonies.

Tony
I've been following this group for some time. They have a great play list but currently I understand the girls have grown up and their busy lives no longer allow them to play gigs out except sporadically. Thanks for posting.
Excellent!

Not only did they pick an extremely hard song to sing harmony they pulled if off perfectly.

Great find and thanx for sharing.
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
I've been following this group for some time. They have a great play list but currently I understand the girls have grown up and their busy lives no longer allow them to play gigs out except sporadically. Thanks for posting.

After posting this I watched several videos of the group. They really do have a great playlist. It's too bad the girls are no longer available on a regular basis. The others couldn't pull off a song like this without them.

From Wiki;

"Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" is a suite of short songs written by Stephen Stills and performed by Crosby, Stills & Nash (CSN). It appeared on the group's self-titled debut album in 1969 and was released as a single, reaching #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart. In Canada, "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" peaked at number 11.[1] The song is a suite in the classical sense, i.e. an ordered set of musical pieces."

I was 12 years old when this came out. I heard it on WOWO radio from Fort Wayne, Indiana. The station would only come in late at night in eastern KY. I had a tiny radio with shi*ty earplugs and I listened almost every night.

This song blew my mind.
Tim Purcell (the male singer in the middle, who also posted the video) said in the comments under the video:
Quote:
Graham Nash wrote me to say he loved it!

Wouldn't it be cool to post a cover, then get that feedback from one of the original artists?

and yeah, I had a primitive radio with earplugs that enabled me to hear top 40 music from powerful stations all over the east coast. It was some kind of science project that didn't even need batteries. It had an alligator clip that grounded the radio, after which I got a weak radio signal. It changed channels by moving a metal lever across an open coil! It was shaped like a Buck Rogers style rocket ship
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Tim Purcell (the male singer in the middle, who also posted the video) said in the comments under the video:
Quote:
Graham Nash wrote me to say he loved it!

Wouldn't it be cool to post a cover, then get that feedback from one of the original artists?

WOW! I don't think you could get a better endorsement than that.

Maybe it would be a good idea for some of our members to stop slamming cover songs. Especially since some of the covers are better than the originals!
Really quite good. Unfortunately that seems to be right Charlie. I
tracked down their website and found this:

"As Father Time rolls along and girls turn into women (I'm sounding sappy here) they leave their family roosts and go out to take on the world. The Foxes have flown the coop. That doesn't mean there won't be a show or two in the future but logistics prevent any regular bookings. I will do my best to keep this antiquated web site updated as to any dates we might stumble on. Til then please enjoy our humble videos on YouTube."

Jeff
Wow, this was really good! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Very nice. Someone could have turned the tv off though crazy
Hehe. I thought the same thing Chris. Why the hell would you have a TV feed during a performance like this !?
Great find! Love this rendition - they did it major justice smile Thanks for sharing!
<<< I had a primitive radio with earplugs that enabled me to hear top 40 music from powerful stations all over the east coast. It was some kind of science project that didn't even need batteries. It had an alligator clip that grounded the radio, after which I got a weak radio signal. It changed channels by moving a metal lever across an open coil! It was shaped like a Buck Rogers style rocket ship >>>

That's a crystal radio. Back when soda bottles had metal caps, the cap could be filled with lead and with just a few parts, including a safety pin, you could make one in less than 10 minutes. The same could be done with safety Razor blades. They were also called foxhole radios and are about as simple as it gets.

Attached picture download.jpg
you amaze me, Charlie!

a quick search on youtube found a video explaining how to make one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqdcU9ULAlA
© PG Music Forums