PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Link to a specific entry in a forum thread - 12/09/18 01:35 PM
I know how to insert a hyperlink to another thread, but how do you link to a specific entry within a thread?
Dan,

The thread entry has a number. Just add this number to the thread link.

For example, here's a link to a thread...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485780#Post485780

Now if I want to send you to Kent's post in that thread that's numbered 503465, all I do is replace the above number that follows "Post" in the above link with the number of Kent's post.

This then gives...

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=485780#Post503465

If you click on the first link above, it will take you to the start of the thread. Clicking on the second link above, you should land on Kent's post.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: DrDan Re: Link to a specific entry in a forum thread - 12/09/18 02:00 PM
Super, thanks for the info.
Noel, consider posting that in Tips and Tricks.
To expand a little on what Noel stated using the screenshot below:

Note this is using the Firefox browser on a Windows 7 computer.. The steps may differ using a different browser or different computer operating system.

Click on the clipboard icon (inside the red box marked as "1" in the screenshot). This action transfers the specific post number to the browser address bar (inside the red box marked as "2" in the screenshot).

Click on the address bar, move your cursor all the way to the right for the end of the address.

Hold down the shift key while moving your cursor to the right to the beginning of the address. This action highlights the complete address.

Press Ctrl + C to copy the highlighted address to the Windows clipboard.

Move your cursor to the desired location and press Ctrl + V to paste the address to the desired location.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
To expand a little on what Noel stated using the screenshot below:

Note this is using the Firefox browser on a Windows 7 computer.. The steps may differ using a different browser or different computer operating system.

Click on the clipboard icon (inside the red box marked as "1" in the screenshot). This action transfers the specific post number to the browser address bar (inside the red box marked as "2" in the screenshot).

Click on the address bar, move your cursor all the way to the right for the end of the address.

Hold down the shift key while moving your cursor to the right to the beginning of the address. This action highlights the complete address.

Press Ctrl + C to copy the highlighted address to the Windows clipboard.

Move your cursor to the desired location and press Ctrl + V to paste the address to the desired location.

in chrome
i right-click on the clipboard icon and choose copy link address
at the desired location. press Ctrl + V to paste the address
Jim,

Thanks heaps for that additional information, it was not something that I was aware of! It makes life easier again smile

All the best for Christmas and New Year,
Noel
© PG Music Forums