PG Music Home
Hi all,

So I just purchased a bunch of products and expansions via PluginBoutique (some great sales on now, all of it amounted to approximately $10!).

This is the first time I've purchased anything through them, and I haven't downloaded or installed any of the products, or iLok, yet.

Anyway, I usually run everything through my laptop, but am hoping to soon get my desktop up and running after having placed it in storage, and I'm not sure which I would want to install the products on if they can only be installed on one machine at a time.

Since PluginBoutique does not actually produce any of the software, are multiple install policies governed by them, or, for example, AIR Technology, Softsonic, or what have you?

Can anyone here with relevant experience in the matter please advise?

Thanks in advance!

Deacon
Posted By: MarioD Re: Products Purchased through PluginBoutique - 12/18/18 11:02 AM
I have purchased software from them with no problems. They are a reputable
company. If you put the programs' certification codes on an iLok, its easy to do with iLok's installer, you can use the programs on any number of computers. But the iLok must be plugged in for the program to be active. Thus it will only run on one computer at a time, the one the iLok is plugged into.

I hope this helps.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I have purchased software from them with no problems. They are a reputable
company. If you put the programs' certification codes on an iLok, its easy to do with iLok's installer, you can use the programs on any number of computers. But the iLok must be plugged in for the program to be active. Thus it will only run on one computer at a time, the one the iLok is plugged into.

I hope this helps.

Yes, that was a HUGE help Mario!

FWIW, I'm not often that tentative about such things, except in this case, since I purchased the products from a 3rd party, I was worried about overlapping/conflicting policies, and that perhaps not just the number of activations, but also the number of downloads, would be restricted (which has happened to me in the past unfortunately...)

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease smile
I use iLok as well though on only one computer. No problems so far.

Plugin Boutique did a nice little deal (finished now) last Nov where you spent a £1 or so on a plugin and they threw in Ozone elements and later on they did a free Ozone Neutron as well.

So worthwhile keeping an eye on their Newsletter.
Posted By: jford Re: Products Purchased through PluginBoutique - 12/18/18 02:43 PM
The AIR stuff gives you two licenses. ILok let's you either use the USB dongle off load the license on your computer directly. I load one license on my laptop and keep the other on the USB dongle, which I can them move between my two desktops, clearly using only one of the desktops at a time. That way, if I take my laptop with me, I don't have to also take the dongle.
© PG Music Forums