PG Music Home
Posted By: Russell DeMussel The Coyote - 02/16/19 11:31 PM
Is there a really good synth that has a decent sounding midi guitar in it? I've been using the Coyote since it came out but the guitar is tinny sounding. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: The Coyote - 02/17/19 02:07 AM
Russ,
Ample Guitar M Lite v2.31
Free. Not shareware!
One of the best standalone guitar VST's in my book. (and price is right smile )

link:
https://www.amplesound.net/en/download.asp

You will find it in free section.

Misha.
Posted By: Teunis Re: The Coyote - 02/17/19 02:47 AM
The AmpleSound AGM Lite is a great free acoustic guitar synth but it does have some limitations in its operation compared to the full paid for version. For most strumming and simple stuff it is fine. There are restrictions as far as going up the neck are concerned. Also the libraries are restricted compared to the full version.

Tony
Posted By: Pipeline Re: The Coyote - 02/17/19 04:08 AM
Are you using Coyote or CoyoteForte ?

Electric guitar, acoustic guitar, nylon guitar ?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: The Coyote - 02/17/19 06:27 PM
I have yet to find any sort of midi or VST guitar that sounds very realistic. Especially the cheap ones that are midi based in Coyote or TTS.

High end sampled VST's, while not cheap, can be pretty hard to tell if it's real or not. But.... there's a certain level of skill required to play the keyboard in order to hit the nuances required to fake the real guitar players. Not impossible but certainly not easy.

I have a few that sound really nice..... BUT.... they are immediately identified as being fake. All due to the nuances or more accurately, lack thereof.
© PG Music Forums