PG Music Home
Posted By: DrDan Midi with Melodies - WARNING - 08/09/21 06:15 PM
Piano for Producers "Instantly Unlock Thousands Of Memorable Melodies And
Chord Progressions That Will Make Your Music STAND OUT"

Content deleted - Pfishing Attach

Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 07:44 PM
I just clicked on it and it was still on sale for $27 USD. You might want to try again and if it is a still no-go try a different browser.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 07:55 PM
Ya, I mentioned that. The clock restarts its countdown every time you leave and come back. Some clever marketing I assume. But it did not fool me. Well it almost did, but my resistance to impulse buying won out.

What did you think of the product Mario? Kind of like midi loops?
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 09:35 PM
I haven't DLed anything yet, my time ran out. But I just got on using a different browser and it gave me another 30 minutes! I'm going back and check it out.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 09:57 PM
I am hoping the free download gift will satiate me and save me 27 dollars.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 10:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
I am hoping the free download gift will satiate me and save me 27 dollars.

I just purchased it and another add on bank. Be forewarned after you put down your hard earned cash there are page after page of extras he tries to sell you. At that point you can't back out of the deal you already purchased, otherwise I would have. Plus you have to find the window that says no I don't want this. A real PITA.

On the plus side I don't think you can go wrong with the original offer. Now off to have fun.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 10:37 PM
I do like what I see in the freebee. Keep in mind they claim 100% refund in 14 days for any reason. You just have to provide a track which shows you used the product to make music. Will look again at it tomorrow. thanks for you input.

Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/09/21 11:07 PM
A word of warning, what he is showing you is NOT what you get for $27! He is showing you the most expensive package. For $27 you will get a ton of chord progressions but no leads. You get a chord per measure, i.e. four chords in four measures. Very deceptive advertising.

I am keeping mine because he has many chord progressions that I would have never thought of; they gave me lots of ideas for songs. I will bring them into BiaB and have it do its magic.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/10/21 08:52 AM
Just purchased, got to come in handy sometime !!.

Thanks for the post Musicstudent !.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/10/21 08:57 AM
After going in to the download Email , He gives you link to grab the special offers if you never accepted them per ordering and a link to the video tutorial !! Both on my pc come up all red page stating .............
!!!

This site has been reported as unsafe
Hosted by email.clickfunnelsnotifications.com
Microsoft recommends you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information.

Aw naw !!......I run AVG Anti virus !.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - and a story - 08/10/21 10:42 AM
I go no message on the initial purchased download. I'm glad I didn't click on anything else.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear you guys are having these issues. Spent some time this morning researching this.

Here is my take, for what its worth...

First, Midi Samples appear to me to be a subset of the general category of "Loops" which we have discussed here before. They can be as simple as beats, or a sequence of chords, up to fully blown performances. They are fragments (bars) of sounds intended to be put together in your DAW or sequencer to make music. The product appears as a File Directory stuffed with folders distinguished by tempo, Key and genre.

Midi Samples are a bit controversial, just like loops and just like any e-music making tools (including BIAB). Professional musicians (who ever they are crazy ) question their value since these product tend to simulate the very basics of music making. Ya know, the "cheating" argument.

Based on my short review, there are more than a couple major players in the market and it appears Niko's www.pianoforproducers.com is one of them. All tend to emphasize quantity with 1000's of file offerings. I can only imagine the bottom line is quality and cost of the content and the legitimacy of the seller. So this is actually a big market.

What caught my attention for this guy (from Facebook of all places) was his emphasis on melody content. But based on Mario's observations this may not be accurate. I definitely noted the "sales push" in the promotional content when I originally stated, "this looks sketchy". Which is what BeatMaster reported. I did download a collection of 500 files which upon short study looked good to me. However, I have now received about a half dozen emails in the past 24 hours. But I get that from several reputable vendors. So nothing new about that. I can always block if I care to.

Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:12 AM
I should have added that I scanned my download with MS Defender and the paid version of Anti-Malwarebytes and both scans indicated no viruses or malware.
Posted By: Notes Norton Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:16 AM
I generally avoid those "get yours before the time runs out" offers. I figure if they don't want me to thoroughly research the product, they must have something they don't want me to know.

I am interested in your experiences with the $27 offering, and let me know if you get phished.

Notes
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Notes Norton
I generally avoid those "get yours before the time runs out" offers. I figure if they don't want me to thoroughly research the product, they must have something they don't want me to know.

I am interested in your experiences with the $27 offering, and let me know if you get phished.

Notes

As do I but these "get yours before the time runs out" offers come after you made your $27 purchase and they give you no way to back out of your order. This made me very suspicious. I will do no more business with this company.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:45 AM
WARNING

I JUST RECEIVED NOTICE THAT MY FACEBOOK PAGE HAD BEEN HACKED. I SPENT 20 MINUTES WITH THE FACEBOOK AUTOMATION TO SECURE THE ACCOUNT AND RETURN OWNERSHIP TO MYSELF.

This had never happened to me in the past and the timing now is very suspicious. I suggest we close this thread with a warning to avoid this website.

Dan
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:46 AM
Really don't think its a spam thing , more like a trusted Microsoft thing !!.

Any way some of these are really good, I'm putting them through ez keys and they are workable.. very workable !!.
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Midi with Melodies - 08/10/21 11:47 AM
I posted that before I saw your post Musicstudent !!
© PG Music Forums