PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Logistics of a concert tour - 09/30/22 01:28 PM

[
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Logistics of a concert tour - 09/30/22 09:47 PM
Really interesting to get the backstage story and the logistics of how everything is pulled apart, shipped and put together, together with the massive planning and execution of so many other details. A good watch.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Logistics of a concert tour - 09/30/22 09:59 PM
NO red M&Ms!!!
Posted By: rharv Re: Logistics of a concert tour - 09/30/22 10:27 PM
Yeah, this is a cool view on how hard a tour is .. nice
/and that's assuming marketing sold enough tickets to make all this happen
/a lot goes into this stuff, Stop Making Sense DVD by Talking heads showed me the basics .. for that crew to even know what they were setting up, the original storyboard was crucial
///planning, right down to the red M&Ms Eddie mentioned <grin>
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Logistics of a concert tour - 10/01/22 08:02 AM
Logistics is one of those areas that many people think is boring, but can actually be extremely interesting. That distance must be about the limit for a 24h turnaround. In some parts of the world it would be well beyond the limit.

My closest experience has always been on a tiny scale in comparison and never with a long distance 24h turnaround. Much of my was just me arriving at a previously unseen venue and deciding how to handle this place. That was mostly as a DJ, sometimes with touring repertory theatre. Only now am I doing so, very occasionally, as a musician.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Logistics of a concert tour - 10/01/22 11:04 AM
And at the end.... hopefully, the tour is in the black by a substantial margin.

That was a fascinating look at the backstage and behind the scenes work that goes into the hour or so that the band and opening acts are under the lights.

And some tours have other folks who's job it is to ensure the artist is accounted for and on stage at the proper time..... Hey, where's George Jones? He's on in 5 minutes..... I don't know boss... I saw him head out the back door with a bottle of whiskey in one hand and a woman in the other. I thought he was going out for a smoke.....
© PG Music Forums