PG Music Home
Posted By: BlueAttitude You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 08:47 AM
Chris did a video for our latest song and had some fun using some random clips of Marty and myself that we had shot for previous videos.

I think by using the forum media tag for the video instead of a straight link, it will bypass all the YouTube commercials?

The Band:

~674:Organ, B3, Background Blues Roadhouse Ev 120
4249:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BluesFunky Ev 120

Drums and Percussion: EZDrummer3

Marty Straub from BabuMusic: Bass Guitar
Chris Spruit: Vocal

I'm playing the additional guitar parts.

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone.

You Always Meet Twice (2023, Chris Spruit)

Someone said if you carry on trying to break the rules
you might think that you get away with this poor behavior
Breaking the rules of some ones life
without blinking
But It ain't cool
to spill your fuel
of this cruel cool heart

Take your time
and choose well wise
what you have in mind
you are so convinced that you are right
a mastermind

But life has a rule
you always meet twice
and bring that to mind
in the hour you die
Then we will be wise

Chorus:
Cause The best you can
does not cut it for them
They yell the privileged lie
cause they are blind to that eye

No this ain't cool
Don't spill your fuel
into a burning heart
of this cruel, cool, heart

All comments welcome, and if you liked the video, please consider subscribing to our channel smile

Posted By: Derochette Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 10:37 AM
Hi BlueAttitude, Chris and Marty,

I like orchestration. Guitar solo and bass playing. The singer's voice is very captivating. It's sweet, it's nice and everything is super well done with this video. nice collaboration.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: musician17 Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 01:25 PM
Bravi. Top notch vocals from Chris, brilliant in every way from everyone else. Modern, sleek and "cool" sounding :-) One that I want to hear again. Well done.
Posted By: firesong Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 01:58 PM
Well...everything about that was cool! my first thought is how remarkable Chris's voice is...man that girl can sing!! Dave your solo work is crazy good and the tone you're getting is as smooth as butter...Marty is Mr. Consistent and the roundness and body of the bass tone is spot-on for the song...the skill level at which you guys perform and record is pro-level IMO...the video is the icing on the cake and seems to indicate that you guys are having great fun doing what you love! another super song and super performance!!
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 02:03 PM
Good Blues Song... nice balanced production, sounds great. Nice guitar licks and vocals.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 04:25 PM
You three did a great job, and even though I didn't get the video, it was fun to see the outtakes from you.
Good song, good vocals, good guitar noodling and even the white bearded guy with that weird looking 4-string guitar did a good job wink laugh grin

And, I think I've never mentioned this, your mixes sound really good, Dave.
Posted By: rsdean Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 04:38 PM
Dave, Chris & Marty,

Besides the great music, the video was awesome! You guys have some great collaborations.

Enjoyed every minute!

Bob
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 04:57 PM
Howdy Blue....

Very smooooooth track.
Some great playing by you and Marty.
Vox performed well and a good mix from my ears.
It's cool to put some names to faces also.

I dig it....well done!
Posted By: rayc Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 10:46 PM
LOVE that stinging guitar.
Marty's bass is an ace foundation as always & Chris's vocals are on point.
Well done one & all...a cool, cool thing.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/19/23 10:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Goodness! - you sure knocked the spots off this puppy.

Excellent vocal, terrific guitar and bass.

I enjoyed it a great deal.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/20/23 08:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi BlueAttitude, Chris and Marty,

I like orchestration. Guitar solo and bass playing. The singer's voice is very captivating. It's sweet, it's nice and everything is super well done with this video. nice collaboration.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for the listen and comments, appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: musician17
Bravi. Top notch vocals from Chris, brilliant in every way from everyone else. Modern, sleek and "cool" sounding :-) One that I want to hear again. Well done.

Cheers, James.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/20/23 02:17 PM
Hello together
Cool song
Sounds great
Good idea to add your own little clips to the video ;-)
Great collaboration
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: MarioD Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/20/23 08:22 PM
Dave, Chris & Marty,

I have only two words to describe your song and video,

loved it.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/20/23 08:34 PM
I like the opening drum bit.

Vocal is absolutely fabulous. I am assuming Chris wrote the music. The melody is mesmerizing.

The guitar solo is simply awesome, and that bass line drive the song.

I like the video. I was good to see you two codgers in action laugh
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/21/23 08:03 AM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Well...everything about that was cool! my first thought is how remarkable Chris's voice is...man that girl can sing!! Dave your solo work is crazy good and the tone you're getting is as smooth as butter...Marty is Mr. Consistent and the roundness and body of the bass tone is spot-on for the song...the skill level at which you guys perform and record is pro-level IMO...the video is the icing on the cake and seems to indicate that you guys are having great fun doing what you love! another super song and super performance!!

Hi Dan,

Yes, it's all about having fun really, we have a blast putting these songs together.

Thanks very much for your kind words, very much appreciated!
Posted By: dcuny Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/21/23 03:39 PM
Swinging blues!

This song really grooves with the bass and drums driving it, and the vocals and smoldering guitar lead stay in the groove.

This was a whole lot of fun to listen to. laugh
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/23/23 07:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Elliott Kayne
Good Blues Song... nice balanced production, sounds great. Nice guitar licks and vocals.

Thanks for checking out the song!

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
You three did a great job, and even though I didn't get the video, it was fun to see the outtakes from you.
Good song, good vocals, good guitar noodling and even the white bearded guy with that weird looking 4-string guitar did a good job wink laugh grin

And, I think I've never mentioned this, your mixes sound really good, Dave.

Really appreciate that, Brian!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/23/23 09:40 AM
Dave, I've said this before (and I've said it many times to peeps you don't know) that you and Chris are incredible songwriters. Listening to you guys with your back-and-forth suggestions while you're building the song is almost as rewarding as playing on them and listening to them. Cool video too. Reminds me of some of the fun we had making songs. More to come...
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/23/23 05:05 PM
Dave Marty and Chris'

I enjoyed this fine video Chris did! It was great to so see you all in a music production setting! It makes the music much more entertaining and reveals a little more of your personality!(That Marty must be quite a character to be around lol!) The tune is great with killer performances by all 3! Thanks, TB
Posted By: dani48 Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/24/23 04:36 PM
Hi, Dave, Chris and Marty !

I´m late I know and do
apologize for that because
I could involuntarily have
missed this gem of yours
and I feel lucky I didn't !

Instead you treated me with
an absolutely superb tune
so delicately played and sung -
nothing short of a masterpiece
that is !

Great !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/25/23 07:48 AM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Dave, Chris & Marty,

Besides the great music, the video was awesome! You guys have some great collaborations.

Enjoyed every minute!

Bob

Appreciate that, Bob!

I see you have a new one up, I'll be along shortly to give it a spin cool
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/26/23 08:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for checking out the song/video, very much appreciated!

Ezekiel's Storm Scott, to answer your question, Chris wrote the lyrics, I wrote the music. (codgers eh?! grin )
Posted By: floyd jane Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/26/23 10:32 AM
Killer.

Everything about this sounds like a "major release".
The write, the vocals! the guitars! the Bass! - stellar.
The Production. The Mix. - stellar.

Tight. As. It. Gets.

fj
Posted By: jannesan Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/26/23 02:08 PM
If you had to pick a single from your album, it would be quite difficult because all your songs are so strong contenders, this sounds like the lead single in my ears. All your best trademarks are here, one of the best guitar soloing on Earth, smoothly riding bass and enjoyable vocals. And the lyric has a wise message.

Enjoyed the video very much. Nice to see your faces on the video, shows how you are a real band, and how much you have fun and personality, nothing too serious.

Janne
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/27/23 10:39 AM
Blue Attitude team,
Superb addition to your collection! Excellent drive from everybody, but Dave outdid himself on this one smile One of the coolest blues guitar solos!
Nice to see musicians behind their art. No complaints & clear mix. Enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/27/23 03:34 PM
Y’all are certainly “in the pocket” on this song and video!

It is soooo good to have the laughter of seeing your playful selves along side the serious lyric, and what a good lyric it is too.

Blue Attitude has a golden tone with the awesome vocal always from Chris, the smoky, rich guitar from Dave and the smooth, rock solid bass from Marty. And wrapped in an excellent mix.

Can you tell that we really like this?! smile

Awesome!

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: You Always Meet Twice - 04/29/23 10:24 PM
Loved this tune. Chris video was excellent. Very cool groove. I think Marty's bass lines made this a real toe tapper. Super vocal and guitar was excellent Dave. Well done
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: You Always Meet Twice - 05/01/23 07:26 PM
Great song guys!!!! AND What a rockin' solo!!! Mix and production are outstanding!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deej56 Re: You Always Meet Twice - 05/01/23 08:46 PM
BlueAttitude,

You’ve done it again . . . terrific rockin’ blues tune. Sick guitar playing and Chris’s vocals are just outstanding. Excellent work by all—

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: You Always Meet Twice - 05/10/23 08:12 AM
I've had a bit of a forced hiatus from the forum over the last couple of weeks.

Normally I wouldn't go back and comment on a song after it's been off the front page for so long, but I wanted to thank floyd, Janne, Misha, Janice and Bud, Scott, Greg, and Deej for taking the time to listen to and comment on the song while I was away, very much appreciated!

There will be no more comments on this thread from me. Time to see what everyone's been up to while I've been away!
© PG Music Forums