PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Green Hills - 04/27/23 07:36 PM
Hello!, we went to an Irish restaurant a couple of weeks ago where they had a band playing Irish tunes of course. It kind of made me create a tune with that style, so here is: Green Hills
I hope I have not offended any Irish folk out here in trying to make this piece.

Style is _DRURY+.STY (Drury Irish Alt Rock MultiStyle)

RealTracks in style: 2749:Bass, Electric, RockShuffleHardDoug Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 3105:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaFolkShuffleSyncLowBrent Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 2750:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockHeavyShuffleCraig Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 2440:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking FolkySwing Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 3187:Fiddle, Soloist, CelticJigAndy Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 3770:Tin Whistle, Low, BackgroundSoloist Folk8thsGeoff Ev 110
Loop in Song: Percussion Loops\Loop132bpm Tambourine Quarters 4 bars.wma
RealTracks in song: 2458:Strings, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 100
RealDrums in style:BluesRockShuffle^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Cheers!

Mike B.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Green Hills - 04/28/23 04:59 PM
Your song does indeed have a nice Irish feel to it.
I would probably remove the drums and just use the Bodhrán to make it sound even more Irish, but that's just my personal taste, because I play Bodhrán once in a while when I relax.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 04/28/23 10:14 PM
Thanks Thomas to take the time to listen, always value your opinion.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Green Hills - 04/29/23 09:15 AM
I'm 40% Irish and I'm not even 1% offended by "Green Hills." It's lively; spirited, even. Makes you want to get up and dance.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 04/29/23 12:50 PM
Oh thanks Ghost. You made my day! I feel pretty good now.

Cheers mate

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Green Hills - 04/29/23 07:52 PM
The wee bit of Irish in me said this is a fantastic Irish song.

Note that is the real wit bit of Irish in me and not the Mediterranean Irish that makes up most of my heritage wink
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 04/29/23 08:36 PM
Got you. Thanks Mario.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Green Hills - 04/30/23 05:24 PM
Mike,
This is different and very good. Awesome fusion of styles. Well arranged and mixed. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 05/01/23 11:15 PM
Thanks Misha for your comment, glad you liked it. I had fun making it.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Green Hills - 05/02/23 10:24 AM
Nice to hear you still sound so good in a different place, Mike. You know I thoroughly enjoy the smokey atmosphere where I hear most of your cool productions. This was a breath of Irish spring that had a special dancing quality. Do you like Greek food? You should do a whole European tour of restaurants with a new song from each, and call the opus European Seasonings. Excellent dish to start.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Green Hills - 05/02/23 03:31 PM
Mike,

As a person who has Irish blood and genealogical descent! I can say you did right by the folks across the pond! This highly energetic piece is a joy to listen to! Excellent work!

Thanks, TB
Posted By: dcuny Re: Green Hills - 05/03/23 12:48 AM
Works for me! Full of high spirits. smile
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 05/03/23 06:02 PM
Thanks Torrey and David for your comments. Marty, as a matter of fact, I have done different pieces from different countries which BTW, comes to a very "a propos" with your suggestion. I'll be posting those in a separate posts although I have done so a long time ago.

Cheers.

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Green Hills - 05/04/23 10:53 PM
Lovely toe tapping Irish tune Mike. Really well done
Posted By: Al-David Re: Green Hills - 05/05/23 12:55 AM
Hi Mike ...

Really nice! I particularly loved the flute. They can be so difficult to work with sometimes. But you scripted it perfectly.

No Irish in me until getting to the very early 1800s - my great-grandmother was a Stephenson, whose lineage goes back to Ireland. I'm mostly Welsh & German. Regardless of all that, this was a most enjoyable listen that had my toes tapping all along. A very nice change from your typical soft, smooth and mellow. Very entertaining!

Alan
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 05/07/23 10:36 AM
Thanks Scott and Alan for the comments. Yes, it was a new and fun experience for me. I definitely don't have any Irish on me, more like Mediterranean, but I love their music.
Thanks for listening.

Mike B.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Green Hills - 05/08/23 03:09 PM
Hi Mike great job love its really well done great choice of instruments thanks Eric
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Green Hills - 05/15/23 10:06 PM
Thanks for your comment Erik. I'm glad you liked it.

Cheers

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums