PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 01:13 PM
My Favorite Dream

It's good to be back after two months away. Di had another stroke, our daughter had a significant emergency surgery, dog almost died, and my flu turned into a pretty serious case of pneumonia.

Di is recovering
I'm almost well
Dog survived
Daughter on the mend.

I put this song together over the past couple of days. I had a really good dream last week about me and my grandpa when I was about 12 years old. Wow! - that would have been 64 years ago. He was very special to me. I told Di, after I woke up, that it was my favorite dream ever. It was intense, but a really good dream. And so ... this song happened. It's cinematic with quite a few tracks.

Song Summary

File:My Favorite Dream.SGU

Key=C# , Tempo 65, Length (m:s)=4:25

Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is _LOST4.STY (Lost Slow Dramatic Pop Gtr Solo)

RealTracks in style:
908:Bass, Electric, SmoothBallad Ev16 065
Loop in Song: Chillout\Chillout - destiny_71_drum_loop_b_minor ev16.wav
RealDrums in Song: CajonFolkPop8ths
RealTracks in song: 1395:Synth, Rhythm, EuroDance SubduedHitsStraight Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: 2747:Synth, Rhythm AltHipHopHorn Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 1842:Synth Pad, PopModernGrooveA-B Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 3184:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GrungeSlowQuinn Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 3906:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SongwriterSlow16DADGAD Ev16 060
RealDrums in Song: FunkRock70sSlow^1-SideStk,DkRide
RealTracks in style: 1152:Silence
RealTracks in style: 3629:Guitar, Electric, Soloist AmbientGrittyDarin Ev16 065
RealDrums in style:ElecPopStripMall^5-a:SideDownbeatClap , b:SideOffbeatClap
Posted By: dani48 Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 02:09 PM
Hi, Al& Di !

Good to have you back on track !
I´m sorry for Di, I hope she
will make a full recovery !

Your dream is so beautiful
I´m falling into it as I write this !

Grandiose !

Take Care !

cheers
Dani
Posted By: rsdean Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 02:48 PM
Alan,

So glad to hear you and your family are on the mend.

It's great to hear your music again. This piece is cinematic indeed! An astounding amount of tracks that sound great together. And the production is top notch.

Very much enjoyed this one and it is great to have you back!

Bob
Posted By: MarioD Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 04:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Di is recovering
I'm almost well
Dog survived
Daughter on the mend.

I'm glad that Di is recovering.
Please take care of yourself during these troubled times.
I'm glad the dog is OK.
I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

Oh yea the song
I was an instrumental masterpiece.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 11:44 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al& Di !

Good to have you back on track !
I´m sorry for Di, I hope she
will make a full recovery !

Your dream is so beautiful
I´m falling into it as I write this !

Grandiose !

Take Care !

cheers
Dani

Thanks so much, Dani! Glad you enjoyed it. And thanks for the well-wishes. We are all doing better. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 11:46 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

So glad to hear you and your family are on the mend.

It's great to hear your music again. This piece is cinematic indeed! An astounding amount of tracks that sound great together. And the production is top notch.

Very much enjoyed this one and it is great to have you back!

Bob

Hi Bob ...

You are much too nice! It's good to be back all the great folks on this forum. I appreciate those very kind words.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/02/23 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Di is recovering
I'm almost well
Dog survived
Daughter on the mend.

I'm glad that Di is recovering.
Please take care of yourself during these troubled times.
I'm glad the dog is OK.
I hope your daughter makes a full recovery.

Oh yea the song
I was an instrumental masterpiece.

HI Mario ...

Many thanks for all that! We're all making progress. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: dcuny Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/03/23 12:32 AM
Glad things are on a bit of an upswing.

Based on your description, I wasn't sure what this was going to sound like.

Upbeat and poppy - I like it! laugh
Posted By: rayc Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/03/23 05:21 AM
HE'S BACK!
This is, indeed, a good thing and that lead part really builds the intensity.
Impressive that your dreamt, remembered and created from that.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/03/23 05:43 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
HE'S BACK!
This is, indeed, a good thing and that lead part really builds the intensity.
Impressive that your dreamt, remembered and created from that.

Yep ... I'm back! And most happy to be. Thanks, Ray. Glad you enjoyed it! I usually remember my dreams as most of them are rather vivid. Wishing you the best, mate ...

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/03/23 11:48 AM
Another excellent instrumental, Alan.
Good to hear from you.

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/03/23 04:05 PM
I'm glad to hear that everything has (almost) returned to normal for you and your loved ones.
I am usually a vivid dreamer and can remember most of my dreams, and some of them find their way into a song.

I like your song, the guitar solo is really captivating.
Well done.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/05/23 12:33 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Glad things are on a bit of an upswing.

Based on your description, I wasn't sure what this was going to sound like.

Upbeat and poppy - I like it! laugh

Hi David ...

Well, I wasn't sure, either, what it was going to sound like until I'd spent half an hour deciding which way to go with it. Glad you liked it - thanks!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/05/23 12:33 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Another excellent instrumental, Alan.
Good to hear from you.

fj

Thanks a bunch, Floyd.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/05/23 12:34 AM
Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
I'm glad to hear that everything has (almost) returned to normal for you and your loved ones.
I am usually a vivid dreamer and can remember most of my dreams, and some of them find their way into a song.

I like your song, the guitar solo is really captivating.
Well done.

B D ...

I appreciate all that! Many thanks, fellow dreamer!

Alan
Posted By: musician17 Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/05/23 06:26 PM
This is a really, really beautiful piece! You have a way of communicating through melody and storytelling in music that, on this forum at least, is second to none. It just flows. Wish I could do half of that, myself smile

I'm so sorry to hear of your and yours' health problems, but, at the same time, I'm glad that you all seem to be surmounting them - and I'm so happy that you're back to share this beautiful piece with us. I myself miss my own grandfather every single day ... and have had some vivid dreams about him, myself, that are perhaps best left to tell about for another time ... including some where he foretold some events which then happened in real life - how that came to happen, I have no idea, but it sure gave me great comfort when what I dreamt he said did indeed happen. One for the "imaginary box", as I call it ... i.e. the place in which I put things which I cannot explain to myself smile

Good to have you back, and, again ... beautiful, beautiful instrumental. It's a standing ovation from me.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 05:34 AM
Hello Al
that you all are feeling better again is already the best news !!!!
And then this excellent song
Great melody and an excellent guitar solo.
Sounds very very nice
A fantastic BiaB production
Wish you ALL a fast recovery and all the best
Andi ;-)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 10:34 AM
So glad you're here Alan. So sorry to hear of Di's stroke and of all the troubles hanging over you, but so glad you're on the mend. "My Favorite Dream" is another shining example of the gifts you bestow on us. For me, it was great grandma who died when I was 12 but remains with me still --not in a Norman Bates kinda way. smile

Man, I love that captivating melody your guitar is singing. You've managed to portray all the good qualities that special person in your life has given you in such a fine tribute. Very uplifting write and production. So good.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 12:00 PM
Alan,

You are the forum's Realtracks master arranger! As proved here once again! This is a really lovely piece of music that I can easily imagine being used in a movie! Possibly used as a backing for a turning point in the plot that moves everything in a positve direction!
Man, you all have certainly been through the ringer in the last couple of years and my prayer is that you will have a period of healing and rest! I can relate a lot to you because I'm still trying to recover from the stroke I had a couple of months ago! It really set me back musically and wiped out a lot of the creativity that used to come easily and naturally!

Take care, TB
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
This is a really, really beautiful piece! You have a way of communicating through melody and storytelling in music that, on this forum at least, is second to none. It just flows. Wish I could do half of that, myself smile

I'm so sorry to hear of your and yours' health problems, but, at the same time, I'm glad that you all seem to be surmounting them - and I'm so happy that you're back to share this beautiful piece with us. I myself miss my own grandfather every single day ... and have had some vivid dreams about him, myself, that are perhaps best left to tell about for another time ... including some where he foretold some events which then happened in real life - how that came to happen, I have no idea, but it sure gave me great comfort when what I dreamt he said did indeed happen. One for the "imaginary box", as I call it ... i.e. the place in which I put things which I cannot explain to myself smile

Good to have you back, and, again ... beautiful, beautiful instrumental. It's a standing ovation from me.

James ...

Thank you so much. You are always so gracious with your comments. My grandfather died two months after I arrived in Vietnam in 1966. I was so sad I couldn't be there for his funeral - no chance to properly say goodbye. He literally changed my life with sage advice, even when I thought I didn't need it (I did!).

Wishing you well.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 12:24 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Al
that you all are feeling better again is already the best news !!!!
And then this excellent song
Great melody and an excellent guitar solo.
Sounds very very nice
A fantastic BiaB production
Wish you ALL a fast recovery and all the best
Andi ;-)

Andi ...

Vielen Dank für die freundlichen Gedanken. Und deine Kommentare zu meinem Song zaubern ein Lächeln auf mein Gesicht!

Hoffe, alles ist gut in Deutschland. Ich denke oft an meine zwölf Jahre dort zurück.

Nochmals vielen Dank.

Alan

Andi ...

Thank you for the kind thoughts. And your very comments about my song put a smile on my face!

Hope all is good in Germany. I often think back on my twelve years there.

Again, thank you very much.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 12:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
So glad you're here Alan. So sorry to hear of Di's stroke and of all the troubles hanging over you, but so glad you're on the mend. "My Favorite Dream" is another shining example of the gifts you bestow on us. For me, it was great grandma who died when I was 12 but remains with me still --not in a Norman Bates kinda way. smile

Man, I love that captivating melody your guitar is singing. You've managed to portray all the good qualities that special person in your life has given you in such a fine tribute. Very uplifting write and production. So good.

Hi Marty ...

It's good to be back. We're all on the mend and slowly recovering to the point we finally will. Di had a massive stroke about 10 years ago. This is her third "lesser" stroke since then. Each has left her more significantly imparted. But, we persevere.

Isn't it amazing how much smarter and grounded our elders were, but we often didn't realize it?

Thank you for the very nice comments about my song. It came together pretty quickly - about seven hours invested over two days. I'm delighted you enjoyed it - thanks for letting me know!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan,

You are the forum's Realtracks master arranger! As proved here once again! This is a really lovely piece of music that I can easily imagine being used in a movie! Possibly used as a backing for a turning point in the plot that moves everything in a positve direction!
Man, you all have certainly been through the ringer in the last couple of years and my prayer is that you will have a period of healing and rest! I can relate a lot to you because I'm still trying to recover from the stroke I had a couple of months ago! It really set me back musically and wiped out a lot of the creativity that used to come easily and naturally!

Take care, TB

Hi Torrey ...

First, I wasn't aware you had had a stroke. I wish you a full recovery and a total renewal of your wonderful creativity. You've been one of the very best contributors on the forum in the 10 years, or so, I've been here. Will put you in our prayers.

You are much too kind with your praise. I sincerely appreciate such encouraging words from someone as gifted as you. Wishing you everything good.

Alan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/06/23 07:54 PM
I'm glad to hear things are getting better for all, and I hope they continue to do so.

A fully textured instrumental. There is a feeling of hope in this piece of music that makes it uplifting for the listener.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/08/23 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I'm glad to hear things are getting better for all, and I hope they continue to do so.

A fully textured instrumental. There is a feeling of hope in this piece of music that makes it uplifting for the listener.

Hi Scott ...

Things are, indeed, getting better - slowly but in progress. I'm still totally exhausted from the pneumonia, but I'm on the right track. At 76, these things take a little longer.

M<any thanks for those very nice words. I appreciate them very much.

Alan
Posted By: Scott C Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/10/23 11:40 PM
Good to hear from you Alan. Sorry to hear of the unfortunate events that have happened. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Loved this tune. Guitar was excellent. Super backtrack. Well done..
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/11/23 02:24 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Good to hear from you Alan. Sorry to hear of the unfortunate events that have happened. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Loved this tune. Guitar was excellent. Super backtrack. Well done..

Thanks a bunch, Scott. Much appreciated!

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/14/23 10:56 AM
Dream of old memories yields a modern song ... how cool.

Bud says his dreams would yield odd songs indeed ... Janice's would offer lovely themes. smile

Excellent production with a most convincing guitar solo.

Well done!

J&B

PS Glad all is on the upswing and hope the trend continues.
Posted By: Al-David Re: My Favorite Dream - 05/14/23 11:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Dream of old memories yields a modern song ... how cool.

Bud says his dreams would yield odd songs indeed ... Janice's would offer lovely themes. smile

Excellent production with a most convincing guitar solo.

Well done!

J&B

PS Glad all is on the upswing and hope the trend continues.

Howdy Folks!

Thanks for the visit - much appreciated. My father and I weren't close. My grandfather was my hero. I never realized how smart and perceptive he was until after he was gone. He had only a third-grade education but was the smartest man I've ever known.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the song! I've always been totally fascinated by dreams. My grandfather used to say that dreams are a pressure relief valve for the brain - it can do whatever it wants rather than being commanded to do what its host wants it to do. Maybe there's something to that???

Anyway, many thanks for the visit and kindness.

Alan
© PG Music Forums