PG Music Home
Posted By: alfstone Hell in Paradise - 06/13/23 01:51 PM
This tune was inspired by one of those news stories that, due to their daily repetition and uniformity, end up becoming routine: the landings of immigrants on the island of Lampedusa.

The island of Lampedusa, located south of Sicily, has been for years the landing point for tens of thousands of desperate people trying to escape from war, hunger and misery, attempting to reach this way the European continent. However, many are the ones who often die drowned, aboard overcrowded and dilapidated rubber dinghies and boats. Nevertheless, it is also a beautiful island, a paradise for tourists captivated by a splendid and unspoiled sea. It is, therefore, a demonstration of how, depending on the perspective, a heavenly place can easily become a hellish one.

Therefore, it is a composition based on the contrasts between sweet, dreamy, almost idyllic sounds, and harsh, dark, menacing tones, like the sea can be.

This composition is dedicated to the victims of despair and to the heroes who, silently and daily, strive to save human lives.

Hell in Paradise

For once, I believe that the video I created for this occasion is important in order to explain better the meaning of the piece.

Hell in Paradise YouTube

Alfredo
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Hell in Paradise - 06/14/23 10:49 AM
Alfredo,

A beautiful piece about an ugly situation.
Your angry guitar is good.
(and an excellent mix)

fj
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Hell in Paradise - 06/14/23 11:03 AM
Alfredo,
Beautiful tune, well played. You touched an important subject. Good mix and listens well. I assume there are some tracks from BIAB?
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: Hell in Paradise - 06/22/23 08:19 AM
I love your song, I can 'hear' your feelings about the situation down there.

Well mixed and produced, my only nit is that the guitar solo sometimes stops where it better should sustain, probably due to combing different takes.
© PG Music Forums