PG Music Home
Posted By: Joe Stroffolino Rose Colored Glasses - 08/07/23 12:40 PM
Title: Rose Colored Glasses

https://soundcloud.com/joseph-stroffolino/rose-colored-glasses?si=213e2e0caf6f48f1a8a01adb1fbf55b2&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

A song about the good old days: (were they really as good as I remember).

DAW: Logic Pro X with various Isotope Plug ins. Mastered with Ozone.

The jumping off point for this song was Malibu.STY ā€“ Summer Pop Rock ā€“ Ev.8ths.

For the Bass I started with BIB Syn Bass: Instrument Moog Bass exported as midi and imported into Logic pro x and played using the Logic Pro X stock pulse bass instrument.

For one of the piano tracks I started with BIB ElecPiano, Type MT, Electric Piano#2 and exported as midi and imported into Logic Pro X. I then played using EZ Keys 2 MK1 piano as an AU instrument.

Fiddle is a BIB real track: 1604: Fiddle, Background Pop 16ths EV 110

The other piano track was created using EZ keys 2 plate with the EZ keys Grand Piano.

Drums: EZ drummer 3: exported the BIB bass as a midi file and imported it into EZ drummer 3 bandmate to establish the timing and then subsequently manipulated the groves in EZ drummer 3.

Guitars: Created using Native instruments sunburst guitar midi tracks

vocals: myself using Autotune Pro, Autotune Vocal Compressor and Autotune Vocal EQ.
Posted By: firesong Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/07/23 01:05 PM
Joe...cute song...first song I've ever heard with "Big Mac" in it...makes me nostalgic and hungry...man we can all identify with this one! super vocals...so many clever lines!! laugh
Posted By: rsdean Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/07/23 02:37 PM
Joe,

That's a good song. You sing it very well - some great harmony as well.

I enjoyed it.

Bob
Posted By: Joe Stroffolino Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/08/23 10:59 PM
Thanks Bob.
Posted By: Joe Stroffolino Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/08/23 10:59 PM
Thanks for the comments.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/09/23 01:41 AM
Fun song - I enjoyed this listen! smile
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/09/23 10:24 AM
Cool lyrics in a good song, Joe. Man, very relatable. Good harmony. Yep, times are changing. Excellent comparisons of how they have.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/09/23 08:59 PM
Joe, that was freaking hilarious!
Locking car doors, Netflix, Prime, What the hell are you spying on me grin
Seriously this is one fantastic song.
Great vocal and outstanding lyrics.
Super choice of instruments.
Great mix.

Loved it.

PS - It is called the good old days because my back didn't hurt and I was younger then.
Posted By: Joe Stroffolino Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/10/23 01:37 AM
Mario. Thanks for listening and the nice comments and Iā€™m glad you can relate to and find humor in the song.
Posted By: Joe Stroffolino Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/10/23 01:38 AM
Thanks.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/10/23 08:27 PM
Joe,

I got a chuckle or 2 in this one! The lyrics are spot on for some of us! The 50's-60's chord progression suits this well! Great job producing this!

Thanks, TB
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Rose Colored Glasses - 08/10/23 09:22 PM
Hey there, Chippendale dancer! Funny. The lyrics are loaded with humorous lines throughout. You hit that message right on the nail.
© PG Music Forums