PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette The KingFiisher - 09/14/23 04:52 PM
Hello my friends from Biab,

I submit a new composition linked to image and sound. I adapted it to a video that I created with the Magix software. This video is dedicated to the Kingfisher or in French le MArtin pêcheur? It is a beautiful bird, admirable for its life and its behavior in society where it willingly shares its food with its peers.

For this composition, few variations in terms of chords to maintain the rhythm linked to the image, apart from the guitar solo but I made an effort to synchronize with the video that I made by borrowing found footage here and there on the web.

I started with the C2-five.sty – Ev8 Country Ballad style. I increased the tempo to 95. I replaced the guitar with the Realrack 2200 Guitar Nylon. For the piano I selected the 2065 Piano, Rhythmic newage style. I added strings, choruses and bells vsts. For the creation of the music, I worked on the classic biab and on the vst biab. I noticed that the biab vst provided the midi file of the drums and not the realtrack of the drums of the Biab classic.

The image editing is finished, I uploaded the video to YouTube. And on this platform, I encountered publication problems with the BBC because I inserted a 30-second sequence from one of their copyright-protected films. YouTube, however, allows me to broadcast my video privately, which is why I cannot put an introductory avatar as I did with my “wild horses withe no name” video.

I'll give you two links but I would like if it's possible to watch the YouTube video or on my Facebook page before directing you to SoundCloud.
Thank you in advance for your comments, if you have the time or desire. Kind regards

The Kingfisher video on Youtube

If it doesn't work on youtube, go to my video on my Facebook page, close the connection request window to view the video and activate the sound volume to listen to the music on the video

https://www.facebook.com/100061441835724/videos/825577532485463

or to listen to the music

The Kingfisher on soundcloud
Posted By: dcuny Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/15/23 02:08 AM
Hi, Derochette.

Since the YouTube video is private, I can't view it.

No doubt, some of the choices in the music would make a lot more sense with the video playing. laugh

Still, a pleasant instrumental to listen to.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/15/23 04:28 AM
Hi dcuny,

Indeed, it doesn't work on private link to youtube. I added a link to my Facebook page which works. click on the link, close the connection invitation window and click on the sound volume. Please tell me if this works. And above all thank you for your comment. Nice day.

Posted By: vicarn Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/15/23 01:26 PM
Hi Jani.

Very nice piece of music that suits the subject well.

Vic
Posted By: Scott C Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/16/23 11:02 PM
Lovely song Jani. Excellent video with the song as well. Loved the production. Mix was so spacious and full. Well done
Posted By: rayc Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/17/23 03:04 AM
Sounded fabulous. I listened via your FB video - didn't watch however.
Good writing and good mixing.
Posted By: PeterF Re: The KingFiisher - 09/17/23 08:35 AM
Pretty piece of music, nicely produced and written.

Very nice.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: The KingFiisher - 09/17/23 09:50 AM
Hi, JaniJack --nah, I call you Derochette. Let me know how you prefer it.

The YT vid said it is set for private, but I love the one on FB. I like watching videos, but with your music I really enjoy sitting back with eyes closed and just watch the music. You always make it an enjoyable experience.

The sound on Soundcloud is so much better than FB. What a musical treat. So well done.

Yes, Martin is the Kingfisher.

P.S. It's safer when curating clips for your videos to take them from royalty-free sites like pexels.com and pixabay.com. If you find any other good ones, let me know.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/17/23 01:19 PM
Hi Vircan,

Thank you for your nice comment. Did you see the video on Facebook?
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/17/23 05:07 PM
Hi Scott,

Thank you for your comment. In this composition, I really tried to bring sound and image into symbiosis. And I'm happy to be able to share the result of this combination on my Facebook page.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/18/23 03:18 PM
Hi rayc,

Thank you for your nice comment. I wanted to compose the music from a video edit. It is for this reason that few variations are introduced apart from the guitar solo. But here, if the video is not seen, the music can be perceived without much variation, apart from the guitar solo.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/18/23 03:22 PM
Hi PeterF,

Thank you for your nice comment. I continue my learning or try to combine image and sound. Too bad I couldn't find your latest composition.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/18/23 03:37 PM
Hi BabyMusic,

I want to thank you for several things. For your thoughtful comment, for being friends on FB and for your wise advice. It is true that this composition is really linked to the image, listening to it without the video is tasteless for me.

Concerning YouTube, I absolutely have to review my working method. The first thing is to submit the different sequences of my future video to YouTube. If there are copyright rights, they will notify me and show me the locations. If so, I will remove the protected footage and replace it with others. Once the sequences are accepted and copyright free, I will be able to really get to work. In the free clips, there are not many in the areas I am looking for.

Ps :Even if my name is Jacques Derochette, call me Jani which is the familiar first name that goes best on this forum.

Once again, thank you very much for your kindness and your advice which really pleases me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: The KingFiisher - 09/18/23 04:21 PM
OK Jani, What a fantastic composition that matched the video.
Clean and full backing tracks complimented that guitar perfectly.
Nice touch adding those strings.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: The KingFiisher - 09/20/23 09:14 AM
Derochette,
Very good composition. Fun bouquet of instruments that work well together. Bells are a nice touch. Mix is super clean. Easy listen. Thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/20/23 11:23 AM
Hi MarioD,

Thank you for watching the video on my Facebook page and for your nice comment on my instrumental track
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/20/23 11:26 AM
Hi Rustyspoon#,

I love bells and I often include them in my compositions. I am delighted that you enjoyed this composition made mainly with RT audio from Biab.
Posted By: vicarn Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/20/23 12:19 PM
I just did.
Good work on the slow motion parts which suited the music. Did you film it yourself?

Vic
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/20/23 12:30 PM
Hi Vircan,

unfortunately no, I extracted sequences from different YouTube videos dealing with the Kingfisher. I assembled these sequences and added visual transition effects. Thank you for your comment and for viewing the editing of the video.
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: The KingFiisher - 09/20/23 01:09 PM
Very Nice, wonderful music, I could picture this as a movie sound track
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/22/23 11:28 AM
Derochette,

A beautiful composition.
Nice mix.
Nice video.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/22/23 03:54 PM
Hi Elliott,

Thank you for your encouraging comment.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/22/23 03:55 PM
Hi floyd jane,

I am happy to read you and I thank you for your nice comment.
Posted By: firesong Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/22/23 04:09 PM
Jani...beautiful song and lovely video...they make a perfect marriage of the visual and audio...well done!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The KingFiisher - 09/23/23 07:17 AM
Excellent composition! My new favorite from you.

Also enjoyed your video, watched over on Facebook.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The KingFiisher - 09/23/23 12:11 PM
The video is stunning and the synchronization of the audio is so good that we felt like we were watching them outside our window!

It is a beautiful bird and we used to enjoy watching them on our local river while we kayaked. We were unaware of their generous nature and now we appreciate them even more.

The variety of clips was most enjoyable and the music was a delight.

Cool!

J&B
Posted By: jannesan Re: The KingFiisher - 09/24/23 12:18 PM
Very beautiful tune for a very beautiful bird. It is very rare here in Finland, I have managed to see it only five times, but each time has been a pleasant surprise, even during a winter. I have capture some kingfisher videos myself, but unfortunately they are not professional quality.
Your tune plays a nice tribute to that bird, fits perfectly for a nature soundtrack. I enjoyed especially that nylon guitar.

Janne
Posted By: Birchwood Re: The KingFiisher - 09/24/23 12:52 PM
Hi Jani (I just learned from reading the posts here),

Well, the post of J&B comes the closest to my feelings.
Unfortunately YT did not work, but FT did. I liked a lot what I saw and heard.
Although SC had a better sound (as I read) I prefer to see pictures or a video when there is a instrumental involved.
What a beautiful animal, and how lovely to see it sharing a catch.
But what a beautiful song too, so sensitive and/or toughing. It matches the video completely.

Thanks for sharing!

Hans
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFhisher or le Martin Pêcheur - 09/24/23 04:10 PM
Hi Firesong,

Your comment makes me happy and especially that you watched the video associated with this composition. thanks to you
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/24/23 04:19 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

Often we think we know nature and it always surprises us if we approach it closely. The kingfisher is a bird that gives without necessarily wanting a return. Many animals have ampathy that many humans do not necessarily. All these animals have sensitivity, sociability, suffering and intelligence that we are currently discovering. I am happy to hear your comment, nature lovers. thank you for your nice comment.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: The KingFiisher - 09/24/23 08:39 PM
The music itself evokes a feeling of a bird in flight.

Such a beautiful bird! The video clips are gorgeous.

Nicely done.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/25/23 11:19 AM
Hi BlueAttitude,

Apologies for the delay in my response. I'm glad you like this video and music. The video editing took me a lot of time but I don't yet have a good command of the magix tool which allowed me to create it. Many thanks for your nice comment.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/25/23 11:20 AM
Hi Jannesan,

The kingfisher is a beautiful bird, very sociable, even its peers, which returns to the banks of our rivers in Belgium after several years where he was hardly present. For the nylon 2200 guitar, I got the guitar set I wanted after numerous tests in the biab classic and not the biab vst. Thank you for your nice comment
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/27/23 04:01 PM
Hi Birchwood,

We cannot remain indifferent to the life of this beautiful, sociable bird which willingly shares its food with its fellow birds. It makes me happy that you were able to see the video because without it, this melody doesn't make much sense. Thank you very much for your nice comment.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The KingFiisher - 09/27/23 04:05 PM
Hi Ezekiel's Storm

I thank you for your nice comment and especially for taking your time to view the video which took me a lot of time to put together with the melodic composition
© PG Music Forums