PG Music Home
Posted By: Dewey_MI STREAMIN' - 09/24/23 10:37 PM

A song I wrote this week from memories of tubing some of the beautiful rivers in Michigan. This one is about Big Sable (pronounced Sob-bull) River in Ludington State Park.

STREAMIN'

_SCANT.STY. Scant Dreamy Americana
All RealTracks. Quintet. Tempo=75
RD: AmericanaRoots16th^01-a:Toms , b:Snare :Bryan Owings
RT2877: Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060 , Byron House
RT3101: Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsMike Ev16 060 , Mike Rojas
RT2878: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AmericanaSlow16thsBrent Ev16 060 , Brent Mason
RT3073: Guitar, Resonator, Background AmericanaSlow16thEddy Ev16 060 , Eddy Dunlap

Added: RT3394: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm Singer/Songwriter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 11:18 AM
WOW, a fun ride, Dewey. I keep waiting for the rapids, but this is a terrific fingers-and-toes-in -the-stream song. Nothing on your mind is the best way to float. Excellent lyrics and I can tell they are from experience --some great experiences. How about floating backwards? Much fun.
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 12:10 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
WOW, a fun ride, Dewey. I keep waiting for the rapids, but this is a terrific fingers-and-toes-in -the-stream song. Nothing on your mind is the best way to float. Excellent lyrics and I can tell they are from experience --some great experiences. How about floating backwards? Much fun.

Floating backwards, Marty? You're a wild man! I'm sure that would be enough to send my campfire lunch to the trout! Thanks for listening and the kind words.
Posted By: firesong Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 01:08 PM
Dewey...another terrific song...perfect style for the lyric...I'm so glad the song was not about pulling movies from the net...your vocals are always so clean and easy listening...the combination of the easy folk style and graphic lyrics made for a nice ride down stream...I really enjoyed the journey as I always do with your songs! Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 02:51 PM
Whew ... at first we thought it was gonna be about net streaming platforms smile

Never done any tubing but we have many miles of kayaking in so we fell right into this vibe.

"They know I'm not a threat
To their peaceful way of life
As I quietly float by
With nothing on my mind"

Indeed.

So the style is "scant" ... and that is what we like -- relatively sparse open/airy mixes are in our wheelhouse.

Well done in write, vocal performances, track choices and mix.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 08:39 PM
Dewey,
Excellent offering. Really good vocals and lyrics. Strong composition all the way. Clear mix > easy listen. To my taste, one of the best tunes you posted in Showcase. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: MarioD Re: STREAMIN' - 09/25/23 08:51 PM
Dewey, what a great song!
Super mix
Great vocal
Who would have thunk a song about tubing could be so good!
Fantastic song!
Posted By: dcuny Re: STREAMIN' - 09/27/23 03:44 AM
Easygoing melody and arrangement that perfectly matches the lyric.

Nice! smile
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 09/28/23 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
I'm so glad the song was not about pulling movies from the net Dan
Thanks for listening and the nice comments, Dan. It was streaming music, (thus the reference in the chorus) - not movies - that gave me the idea and the angle, actually.
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 09/30/23 09:57 AM
Thanks, Dan! This song caught my too often missing soft side. I'm glad you enjoyed it my brother in Christ!

Dewey
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 09/30/23 09:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Whew ... at first we thought it was gonna be about net streaming platforms smile

J&B

Yes, that would have been a disappoint to be sure! Thanks for listening J and B!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: STREAMIN' - 09/30/23 12:02 PM
Dewey,

Nice!

Clever idea for a song - and very well executed.
A Strong write. The lines all flow naturally - nothing "forced".

Superb backing. Works perfectly for the song.

Good mix.
Everything works. One of your best.

fj
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 10/03/23 11:23 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Dewey,

The lines all flow naturally - nothing "forced".

fj

Thanks, Floyd! Love the pun, too!!
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: STREAMIN' - 10/03/23 11:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Dewey,
Excellent offering. Really good vocals and lyrics. Strong composition all the way. Clear mix > easy listen. To my taste, one of the best tunes you posted in Showcase. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Misha, you always offer up such kind comments! Thank you for listening!!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: STREAMIN' - 10/03/23 01:52 PM
Dewey,

Lovely tune . . . for me, a song right out of the 70’s. Excellent lyrics and production elements. Great feel to this from start to finish. Wonderful work!

All my best,

Deej
© PG Music Forums