PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong We Were There - 10/20/23 12:51 AM
Here's some Texas two-step gospel...I've had several versions of this mix but here's where I've settled...so if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

We Were There
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=5254415

Title: We Were There
Key=Bb , Tempo 126, Length (m:s)=3:59
RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in song: ~1296:Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~1296:Fiddle, Background WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: ~~1134:Pedal Steel, Rhythm WesternSwing Sw 165
RealTracks in song: 1871:Fiddle, Soloist WesternSwingAndy Sw 165
RealDrums in style:NashvilleSwing8^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I added: vocals and piano
Posted By: dcuny Re: We Were There - 10/20/23 01:13 AM
Catchy melody, great singing, gospel harmony, good write, solid backing...

Nice bits on the piano!

It's all there. smile
Posted By: rsdean Re: We Were There - 10/20/23 04:05 PM
Dan,

Great, great song and vocal. This sounds like it could have been done by The Stamps Quartet...

Loved the production as well.

Bob
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/21/23 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by dcuny
Catchy melody, great singing, gospel harmony, good write, solid backing...

Nice bits on the piano!

It's all there. smile
Thanks David...I appreciate your comments...Dan

Originally Posted by rsdean
Dan,

Great, great song and vocal. This sounds like it could have been done by The Stamps Quartet...

Loved the production as well.

Bob
Thanks Bob...really glad you enjoyed the song...Stamps Quartet goes way back in gospel music...thanks for the comparison...Dan
Posted By: DC Ron Re: We Were There - 10/21/23 05:01 PM
That's just as spot on as it can be. Need a bunch of strong vocals to pull this off, and you brought all of them. Had to rewind when the spoken part kicks off in the background about 2/3 of the way through. Thought it was the neighbors. Nope, just a cool detail in your tune. Ha! Thanks!
Posted By: vicarn Re: We Were There - 10/21/23 06:51 PM
Ghosts of the Bob Wills band in the background.
Fine tune.

Vic
Posted By: floyd jane Re: We Were There - 10/23/23 02:57 PM
Dan,

Solid. (of course!)

Amazing vocals.
Nice piano. The fiddle solo is put together nicely.
Mix is good. Jumps out of the speakers!

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: We Were There - 10/23/23 07:44 PM
Nice and catchy song, I especially like your vocals and those harmonies.
And I love what you did with the piano, it adds a lot to the song.
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/23/23 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
That's just as spot on as it can be. Need a bunch of strong vocals to pull this off, and you brought all of them. Had to rewind when the spoken part kicks off in the background about 2/3 of the way through. Thought it was the neighbors. Nope, just a cool detail in your tune. Ha! Thanks!
Ron...thanks for your comments...kinda wanted a loose feel with the vocal adlibs...glad you caught them...Dan
Originally Posted by vicarn
Ghosts of the Bob Wills band in the background.
Fine tune.

Vic
Hey Vic ...Texas two step...Bob Wills is exactly what I was shooting for...the AhhHah was my tribute to him...thanks for your comments...Dan
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Dan,

Solid. (of course!)

Amazing vocals.
Nice piano. The fiddle solo is put together nicely.
Mix is good. Jumps out of the speakers!

fj
Floyd...I always appreciate your thoughts and comments...yeah I love Andy's fiddle playing...Dan
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Nice and catchy song, I especially like your vocals and those harmonies.
And I love what you did with the piano, it adds a lot to the song.
Brian...I appreciate your piano comments...it means a lot coming from a keyboard guy...Dan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 09:35 AM
Hi Dan,

Another solid song!
Vocals are right on the money as per usual! Nice work on the piano too, adds that special touch.
Nice!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 01:52 PM
I've heard of the 39 Steps, the 12-step program, and an undetermined amount of steps before the queen, but the two-step to heaven? Man, wish it were that easy, huh? Well, this song is an easy way to have fun on the way. Another good write, Dan. So well produced. Sounds terrific. This could be a great song for the credit-roll of a great movie. What an ending, too, with everyone happily two-stepping into the fade.
Posted By: jannesan Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 05:18 PM
Pleasure to listen to a song full of so much joy. Interesting band choice works well and the vocals and harmonies are excellent.

Janne
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Dan,

Another solid song!
Vocals are right on the money as per usual! Nice work on the piano too, adds that special touch.
Nice!
Thanks Dave...glad you enjoyed...Dan
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
I've heard of the 39 Steps, the 12-step program, and an undetermined amount of steps before the queen, but the two-step to heaven? Man, wish it were that easy, huh? Well, this song is an easy way to have fun on the way. Another good write, Dan. So well produced. Sounds terrific. This could be a great song for the credit-roll of a great movie. What an ending, too, with everyone happily two-stepping into the fade.
Marty...Marty...man I like the way you think...your comments are always thoughtful and encouraging...thanks...Dan
Originally Posted by jannesan
Pleasure to listen to a song full of so much joy. Interesting band choice works well and the vocals and harmonies are excellent.

Janne
Janne...your comments are well appreciated...thanks so much...Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 08:32 PM
You have a very laid back mellow feel to this one and it fits with the lyric well.

Fine vocals and a tight band too!

Well done,

J&B
Posted By: Deej56 Re: We Were There - 10/24/23 10:24 PM
Dan,

What a great vibe on this one! Catchy toe-tapper with an uplifting message. That last line of the chorus is just terrific—very sing-along-able . . . in fact, the whole song is. Your usual great vocal work and production. Impressive outing . . . just a wonderful tune.

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/25/23 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
You have a very laid back mellow feel to this one and it fits with the lyric well.

Fine vocals and a tight band too!

Well done,

J&B
Janice & Bud...thanks so much for your comments...I always look forward to hearing from you and value your thoughts...Dan
Originally Posted by Deej56
Dan,

What a great vibe on this one! Catchy toe-tapper with an uplifting message. That last line of the chorus is just terrific—very sing-along-able . . . in fact, the whole song is. Your usual great vocal work and production. Impressive outing . . . just a wonderful tune.

All my best to you,

Deej
Deej...I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the song...tapping toes was a major goal for me on this one and bringing an uplifting message as well...thanks for your comments...Dan
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: We Were There - 10/25/23 11:54 PM
This is quite different style for you, Dan! It works really well though and the production is spot on as usual. Of course, I always love the messages of your songs - God is Good!

Dewey
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/26/23 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
This is quite different style for you, Dan! It works really well though and the production is spot on as usual. Of course, I always love the messages of your songs - God is Good!

Dewey
Dewey...I appreciate your comments...He is...All the time! Dan
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: We Were There - 10/26/23 06:13 PM
And all the time...God is good!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: We Were There - 10/27/23 12:26 PM
Hi Dan.

This is outstanding listening. The music, the lyrics, the arrangement, the singing and the production are all really well put together. It's easy to hear that you are a very skillful musician across the many aspects of song creation. As soon as the song started playing, the first thing I did was smile, because the song immediately felt comfortable and enjoyable.

I really enjoyed going where this song took me.

All the best,
--Noel
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/27/23 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
And all the time...God is good!
Amen!

Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Dan.

This is outstanding listening. The music, the lyrics, the arrangement, the singing and the production are all really well put together. It's easy to hear that you are a very skillful musician across the many aspects of song creation. As soon as the song started playing, the first thing I did was smile, because the song immediately felt comfortable and enjoyable.

I really enjoyed going where this song took me.

All the best,
--Noel
Noel...thanks so much for your comments...they are so encouraging...your reaction to the song was my hope for it...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: We Were There - 10/27/23 11:15 PM
I feel like I've been transported back in time. Good song with a good hook. Another fine vocal performance. And the harmonies are rich.
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/29/23 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I feel like I've been transported back in time. Good song with a good hook. Another fine vocal performance. And the harmonies are rich.
Scott...thanks for your kind comments...I appreciate your thoughts...Dan
Posted By: rayc Re: We Were There - 10/30/23 05:47 AM
A fabulous "old timey" sound...the rockabilly origins are clear.
The only nit is that some of the vocals get a bit strident...mainly the "Jesus" part of the chorus but also most Js as they appear.
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/30/23 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by rayc
A fabulous "old timey" sound...the rockabilly origins are clear.
The only nit is that some of the vocals get a bit strident...mainly the "Jesus" part of the chorus but also most Js as they appear.
Thanks Ray...love me some rockabilly...I always appreciate your ear for refining the finer points of a mix...thanks...Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: We Were There - 10/30/23 11:09 PM
I agree with Vic on his Bob Wills band comment.
Great toe tapper
Super fiddle leads!
As usual an outstanding vocal and lyrics.
Spot on mix.
Posted By: firesong Re: We Were There - 10/31/23 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
I agree with Vic on his Bob Wills band comment.
Great toe tapper
Super fiddle leads!
As usual an outstanding vocal and lyrics.
Spot on mix.
Hey thanks Mario...I always appreciate your thoughts...Dan
© PG Music Forums