PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/21/23 02:12 PM
Chaos of Change
A slow burn dark blues is perhaps an odd follow up to our previous tune Good Karma … but when the rare lyric comes ya gotta go with it smile Thanks to Peter for the guitar tracks and for introducing us to micro chords. And thanks to PG music for making it all possible. Your time to listen and comment is always appreciated. Lyrics below techy stuff.

Janice: lead, harmony, call back vocals, melody and arrangement

Peter: guitar solos, fills, held chords, riffs, arrangement and progression enhancement

Bud: lyric, arrangement, mix, mastering, photo, etc.

Vocals: Rodes NT1 > Scarlet 212 > Nectar

Piano: Midi SuperTrack 2848 Blues Slow > Logic Grand Steinway > Waves CLA Unplugged

Bass: RT 1922 Texas Blues Rock > Waves Bass Rider > Logic Amp

Drums: RD Blues Rock > Waves CLA Drums

Snare: From RD Kit > Waves Magma BB T > Logic ChromaVerb

Cymbal: From RD Kit > Logic ChromaVerb

Rhythm Guitar: RT 1923 Electric Texas Blues Rock

Mastering: Ozone Dynamic EQ > Vintage EQ > Imager > Maximier > Tonal Balance > Logic Loudness Meter

V1
chaos of change hangs over them like storm clouds
rare moments of clarity are lost in shouting crowds
everyone knows the facts they read them on the internet
groveling around in their bubbles without regret

V2
win lose draw while never thinking of compromise
hunkered down and deaf to surrounding cries
chasing illusions always leaving reality behind
scrolling timelines seeking more of their kind

Solo

V3
an armor of self righteousness, that is their shield
proudly screaming they will never yield
fingers swipe with eyes afire through endless feeds
claiming to seek truth while planting dangerous seeds

Outro solo

Outro vocal

i’m drowning in the echo of news
coming up for air and singing some blues
Posted By: vicarn Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/21/23 02:22 PM
I imagine you all slithering slowly across the floor with this.
Cool and relaxed.
Classic.

Vic
Posted By: rsdean Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/21/23 02:45 PM
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Slow burn blues at its best... This is one of the best vocals I've heard anywhere this year - Janice has such a gift.

Peter's guitar and touch is in peak form. The tone is outstanding.

I was completely blown away by the production. It's hard to believe this isn't on SiriusXM. I cranked this through my speakers and it keeps getting better with volume - no breakup - crystal clear.

Amazing!

Bob
Originally Posted by vicarn
Cool and relaxed.
Classic.

Vic

Thanks Vic.
J&B
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Slow burn blues at its best... This is one of the best vocals I've heard anywhere this year - Janice has such a gift.

I was completely blown away by the production. It's hard to believe this isn't on SiriusXM. I cranked this through my speakers and it keeps getting better with volume - no breakup - crystal clear.

Amazing!

Bob

Bob, that is generous, supportive and greatly appreciated. Thanks from all of us and for the big smile you gave Janice on her birthday!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/22/23 01:43 AM
J&B...smooth as silk...another great delivery of the blues...super vocals Janice on the palate of a gorgeous track...Peter is exceptional on this one! Bud, your production work is always pro-level and pristine...top-notch all round!
Posted By: rayc Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/23/23 01:25 AM
I listened and thought I'd commented a day ago...seems I was too enchanted to follow through.
Great read.
Great listen.
The sum of their parts and all that but the parts are fabulous on their own.
Peter's touches and stings caress and bite.
That voice!
Those harmonies and an incredible lyric for our times.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/23/23 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by vicarn
Cool and relaxed.
Classic.

Vic

Thanks Vic
Peter
Oh, way to go with it, Bud. Super vocals. Yeow!! Your vocals are so captivating, Janice. Love your choice of harmony, too. Excellent band and superbly mixed. I see the piano player with a porkpie hat. Oh, there it is, that soaring solo that I knew was coming when i saw Peter in the wings. So well done, Peter. Excellent taste. This song has a wonderful Blues feel. An excellent write.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/23/23 12:23 PM
Wow. Really soulful performances by all. Well thought out arrangement that never loses interest. The call back vocals were an especially nice touch. Very pro sounding indeed.
Originally Posted by firesong
J&B...smooth as silk...another great delivery of the blues...super vocals Janice on the palate of a gorgeous track...Peter is exceptional on this one! Bud, your production work is always pro-level and pristine...top-notch all round!

Glad you liked it. Thank you.

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/23/23 02:22 PM
This is a great example of modern blues! The subject matter is current, the vocal is pure and emotive and the guitar is tasteful and perfectly performed. I thought the arrangement and production stole the show. The bass line is captivating and the changes are so well placed that it takes multiple listens to discern that this isn't a typical 1,4,5, slow burn. This shows a deep understanding of the genre and what is possible moving forward. 5 star review! Tom
Janice captivated me with her rendition of the word "chaos" and didn't let go from that point on.
Grrrreat vocal performance!
I guess it's an "internet blues".... I love the choice of lyrics.
Very tasteful guitar playing, and of course the production is as good as it gets.

Very well done by you 3!
Right on with the lyrics---It's not often you hear a song about cognitive bias.

Soulful performance. Guitar blisters and sizzles. Mix sounds professional done.
Originally Posted by rayc
I listened and thought I'd commented a day ago...seems I was too enchanted to follow through.
Great read.
Great listen.
The sum of their parts and all that but the parts are fabulous on their own.
Peter's touches and stings caress and bite.
That voice!
Those harmonies and an incredible lyric for our times.

Thanks Ray. You mentioned everything we hoped to achieve. Hugely appreciated!

J&B
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/24/23 03:23 AM
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Well, just another outstanding tune you have here. Janice on top of her game with the vocals . . . Excellent mix . . . like those piano fills. The lead solo is spot on. Yeah, you have it all going on here. Wonderful work!

All my best,

Deej
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Oh, way to go with it, Bud. Super vocals. Yeow!! Your vocals are so captivating, Janice. Love your choice of harmony, too. Excellent band and superbly mixed. I see the piano player with a porkpie hat. Oh, there it is, that soaring solo that I knew was coming when i saw Peter in the wings. So well done, Peter. Excellent taste. This song has a wonderful Blues feel. An excellent write.

Thanks for all Marty. It was a fun project and very interesting to use micro chords also.

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/25/23 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Janice, Bud & Peter,

Amazing!

Bob

Thanks a lot Bob.

Peter
Another gem from you guys. Loved it!

Mike B.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Wow. Really soulful performances by all. Well thought out arrangement that never loses interest. The call back vocals were an especially nice touch. Very pro sounding indeed.

The three of us much appreciate those kind remarks. Glad you liked the arrangement and the call backs.

Thanks!

J&B
Another beautiful song. the blues works for you.
Laurent
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Janice captivated me with her rendition of the word "chaos" and didn't let go from that point on.
Grrrreat vocal performance!
I guess it's an "internet blues".... I love the choice of lyrics.
Very tasteful guitar playing, and of course the production is as good as it gets.

Very well done by you 3!

Internet blues is a good term. smile Glad it all worked for you. Thanks for mentioning all we worked on … the vocals, lyric, guitar and production. Much appreciated!

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/28/23 03:55 AM
Blues with Janice on vocals and Peter on guitar?

It's the trifecta of goodness, plain and simple.

And of course Bud working that invisible magic that makes everything balanced and clear.

Love it! laugh
Originally Posted by tommyad
This is a great example of modern blues! The subject matter is current, the vocal is pure and emotive and the guitar is tasteful and perfectly performed. I thought the arrangement and production stole the show. The bass line is captivating and the changes are so well placed that it takes multiple listens to discern that this isn't a typical 1,4,5, slow burn. This shows a deep understanding of the genre and what is possible moving forward. 5 star review! Tom

Tom, given your vocal abilities, instrumental chops and great mixes those comments are very special and supportive. Peter deserves a lot credit for enhancing the arrangement. And thanks for mentioning the bass as I struggled with trying to get it “right” in tone.

Appreciate all!

J&B
Posted By: jannesan Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/28/23 02:51 PM
Surprisingly modern subject smile "chaos of change hangs over them like storm clouds" very good start, who are them... and that is then answered very clearly and frighteningly (everyday Halloween horror...)
Janice's vocals and those backing ones flourish naturally in a class of their own, pure art to sing the blues.
Excellent solo and perfect mix.

Janne
Posted By: MarioD Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 10/29/23 01:02 AM
When Janice, Peter, and Bud get together and play the blues I know I'm in for some tasty ear candy.
I love the blues and this is blues at its best!
You three are so talented it scares me!
Loved it.
Originally Posted by Deej56
Janice, Bud and Peter,

Well, just another outstanding tune you have here. Janice on top of her game with the vocals . . . Excellent mix . . . like those piano fills. The lead solo is spot on. Yeah, you have it all going on here. Wonderful work!

All my best,

Deej

Thank you!

J&B
PB&J,

Zowie! Fiery Lyrics. Can a Thinkin' Man write the Blues? Indeed.
(no wonder ya got the blues...)

KILLER vocals. Killer BGVs.

An Impeccable Mix. Top-Shelf. Pro.

Whoa! Love that NASTY solo!!!! One of your Best, Peter!

Cool Cover.

Perfection.

fj
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Another gem from you guys. Loved it!

Mike B.

Thanks! Nice to hear from you.

J&B
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Another beautiful song. the blues works for you.
Laurent

Glad you liked it!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 11/03/23 09:09 PM
Thanks for the comments about the guitar playing. As always I enjoyed working on this song with Janice & Bud.

Peter
Originally Posted by dcuny
Blues with Janice on vocals and Peter on guitar?

It's the trifecta of goodness, plain and simple.

And of course Bud working that invisible magic that makes everything balanced and clear.

Love it! laugh

You are too kind but we'll take it! smile

Thanks,

J&B
J&B,

This is an excellent blues tune with awesome lyrics. Every aspect of this really brings the whole blues vibe together! Janice really make the background vocals work and sound like it wasn't just her singing! Lead vocal is awesome as usual as well as the production of the finished product!

Thanks, T
Originally Posted by jannesan
Surprisingly modern subject smile "chaos of change hangs over them like storm clouds" very good start, who are them... and that is then answered very clearly and frighteningly (everyday Halloween horror...)
Janice's vocals and those backing ones flourish naturally in a class of their own, pure art to sing the blues.
Excellent solo and perfect mix.

Janne

Thank you Janne for those positive and thoughtful comments. We appreciate your support.

J&B
Posted By: Scott C Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 11/07/23 03:31 PM
Loved the feel to this song. Vocal was so smoky and felt like they were floating above the music. Well done Janice. Really nice three dimensional feel. Guitar was perfect for the song. Loved the phrasing. Nice job Peter. Super job on the mix Bud. One of my favorite tunes of yours...
Man, what blues. I thoroughly enjoyed this from beginning to the end. The production was fantastic, and the vocals were off the chart!!
I really, really liked this.

It has that thing I was trying to describe in my Woodstock song.

It is REAL.

All I know is I know it when I feel it, and boy do I feel it on this one. Awesome lyrics, too.

Niiiiiiiiice y'all.

Maybe we all need to meet down at the farm and put on a show.

Mario can do his Jerry Garcia imitation but we won't make him sit there in total darkness in the rain like the real Jerry had to.

smile
Originally Posted by MarioD
When Janice, Peter, and Bud get together and play the blues I know I'm in for some tasty ear candy.
I love the blues and this is blues at its best!
You three are so talented it scares me!
Loved it.

That is much appreciated … especially from a blues man!

J&B
Originally Posted by floyd jane
PB&J,

Zowie! Fiery Lyrics. Can a Thinkin' Man write the Blues? Indeed.
(no wonder ya got the blues...)

KILLER vocals. Killer BGVs.

An Impeccable Mix. Top-Shelf. Pro.

Whoa! Love that NASTY solo!!!! One of your Best, Peter!

Cool Cover.

Perfection.

fj

We couldn’t ask for more.

Your generous review mentioned everything we hoped to accomplish.

It’s our first rainy day in weeks but, man, did this brighten up the morning!

Much appreciated mr jane,

J&B
Posted By: WaoBand Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 11/11/23 07:34 PM
Wow! Brilliant song all around and Janice excels herself on vocals. Really impressive.
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
J&B,

This is an excellent blues tune with awesome lyrics. Every aspect of this really brings the whole blues vibe together! Janice really make the background vocals work and sound like it wasn't just her singing! Lead vocal is awesome as usual as well as the production of the finished product!

Thanks, T

Thank you very much for all and we appreciate you mentioning the BGV’s!

J&B
Originally Posted by Scott C
Loved the feel to this song. Vocal was so smoky and felt like they were floating above the music. Well done Janice. Really nice three dimensional feel. Guitar was perfect for the song. Loved the phrasing. Nice job Peter. Super job on the mix Bud. One of my favorite tunes of yours...

Thank you Scott. Those supportive comments mean a lot to us and are appreciated by all three of us.
Cheers!

J&B
J&B and Peter,
Out of all genres you compose, I like dark blues tunes best. Janice vocals suits this perfectly. Very good sounding tune all around. Great lyrics, especially liked second verse. Powerful vocals, tasteful guitar parts and amazing mix. This is one of the best tunes you offered this year. Enjoyed it very much and thank you for sharing!

Misha.

P.S. Micro Chords are tricky beast. Sometimes they are a blessing, sometimes a curse. Not trying to pirate your thread, but would you kindly support this request:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=775628#Post775628
Another great track from the dream team!
I've been away from the forum this year, so I haven't heard you guys for a while but you've still got it!
It doesn't seem fair to the rest of us that you've got Janice's sublime vocals, Bud's stellar production skills and Peter's tone and note-perfect guitar.
And then there's the song, with serious, thought-provoking lyrics:
"... everyone knows the facts they read them on the internet,
groveling around in their bubbles without regret."
Mike
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
Man, what blues. I thoroughly enjoyed this from beginning to the end. The production was fantastic, and the vocals were off the chart!!

Thank you! Good to see you back around.

J&B
Originally Posted by David Snyder
I really, really liked this.

It has that thing I was trying to describe in my Woodstock song.

It is REAL.

All I know is I know it when I feel it, and boy do I feel it on this one. Awesome lyrics, too.

Niiiiiiiiice y'all.

Maybe we all need to meet down at the farm and put on a show.

Mario can do his Jerry Garcia imitation but we won't make him sit there in total darkness in the rain like the real Jerry had to.

smile

David that is very thoughtful of you and mentioning the lyric is very special from a writer like you. Put on a show … hmmm … that made me reflect on how many years it’s been since we left our last band! Very thoughtful of regarding Mario 🤪

Thank you!

J&B
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Wow! Brilliant song all around and Janice excels herself on vocals. Really impressive.

Thanks! Made Janice smile 😀

J&B
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
J&B and Peter,
Out of all genres you compose, I like dark blues tunes best. Janice vocals suits this perfectly. Very good sounding tune all around. Great lyrics, especially liked second verse. Powerful vocals, tasteful guitar parts and amazing mix. This is one of the best tunes you offered this year. Enjoyed it very much and thank you for sharing!

Misha.

P.S. Micro Chords are tricky beast. Sometimes they are a blessing, sometimes a curse. Not trying to pirate your thread, but would you kindly support this request:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=775628#Post775628

Thank you Misha! We’ve had some success on Spotify playlists with dark blues. We appreciate those supportive comments very much. Will check out the thread.

J&B
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Another great track from the dream team!
I've been away from the forum this year, so I haven't heard you guys for a while but you've still got it!
It doesn't seem fair to the rest of us that you've got Janice's sublime vocals, Bud's stellar production skills and Peter's tone and note-perfect guitar.
And then there's the song, with serious, thought-provoking lyrics:
"... everyone knows the facts they read them on the internet,
groveling around in their bubbles without regret."
Mike

Welcome back! Thanks for mentioning everything we had hoped to achieve. And the comment about the lyric is much appreciated.

Thanks again,

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 11/17/23 03:01 AM
Howdy Folks ...

After two bars of Janice's golden voice, the first thought was: Susan Tedeschi, but even better.

The three of you are so dang so talented - should be illegal, but glad it isn't. The arrangement and mix on this are beyond great. Should be hearing this on the radio and all major streaming services. A real treat. Tip of the hat all three of you - simply magnificent.

Alan
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 12/07/23 11:48 AM
Hi J&B and Peter.

This is spectacular. I love it.
The lyrics resonate with me because they so accurately describe the strange world we live in these days... "everyone knows the facts they read them on the internet"
Everyone is an expert and so many people refuse to step beyond their individual prejudices and closed minds.
You've all done a great job.
Janice, your vocals gleam in this genre, and Peter, your guitar work is perfect.

I loved the listen!
--Noel
Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi J&B and Peter.

This is spectacular. I love it.
The lyrics resonate with me because they so accurately describe the strange world we live in these days... "everyone knows the facts they read them on the internet"
Everyone is an expert and so many people refuse to step beyond their individual prejudices and closed minds.
You've all done a great job.
Janice, your vocals gleam in this genre, and Peter, your guitar work is perfect.

I loved the listen!
--Noel

Thank you Noel for the very nice review and your support over the years. And we appreciate your mention of the lyric. A strange world indeed!

J&B
Hi Bud, Janice and Peter Fulham,

I fear I'm a little late on this party...
And i'm very glad I found it!
This is a very lovely Blues, so well performed by all of you. Lovely is the word for that, I think!

But there is something else so exceptional in this song; the lyrics!
At first Janice had to deal with all nasty men, but here the whole world is the problem.
And you are right on that. I often sing about that topic, or related to what your lyrics.
These are so good lyrics! Love them; we have to shout them out (we, the good ones).
And we need Blues to perform those lyrics...

I enjoyed the song, but you may have already guessed that!
Hans
Posted By: Andyman Re: Chaos of Change (feat. Peter on guitar) - 12/14/23 04:05 PM
It's been awhile since I logged in to the forum, but this is one of the first songs I clicked on when I saw who the artist was.
I've always found your recordings to be of the highest standard, and this one is no exception.
Love the lyrics, vocals and Peter's guitar. The Realtracks in BIAB are quite good for blues, but the result always seem to have better feel with the addition of at least one live instrument, IMO.
A very enjoyable song !
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Bud, Janice and Peter Fulham,

I fear I'm a little late on this party...
And i'm very glad I found it!
This is a very lovely Blues, so well performed by all of you. Lovely is the word for that, I think!

But there is something else so exceptional in this song; the lyrics!
At first Janice had to deal with all nasty men, but here the whole world is the problem.
And you are right on that. I often sing about that topic, or related to what your lyrics.
These are so good lyrics! Love them; we have to shout them out (we, the good ones).
And we need Blues to perform those lyrics...

I enjoyed the song, but you may have already guessed that!
Hans

Thank you very much Hans for writing all of that. Yes, after all the nasty men now poor Janice takes on the world.
But she is a strong lady!

Bud

Originally Posted by Andyman
It's been awhile since I logged in to the forum, but this is one of the first songs I clicked on when I saw who the artist was.
I've always found your recordings to be of the highest standard, and this one is no exception.
Love the lyrics, vocals and Peter's guitar. The Realtracks in BIAB are quite good for blues, but the result always seem to have better feel with the addition of at least one live instrument, IMO.
A very enjoyable song !

Welcome back and thanks for listening and offering such supportive comments. We could not agree more with you ... Peter brings another dimension to our productions with his solos and the "just right" fills for the vocals.

J&B
© PG Music Forums