PG Music Home
Posted By: BabuMusic You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 04:17 PM
You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind on Soundcloud
You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind on YouTube

Four days ago I remmebered that I have a new album released today, and I never even posted all the videos to YT or all the songs to SC, let alone post them here for your feedback. So here's one from there. Your critique is always the most important part for me. I like to create, but I'm not much of a promoter.

File:You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 78, Length (m:s)=3:32
Style is _FEDUP.STY (Fed Up Slow Blues Soloist)

RealTracks in style: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in style: 4060:Guitar, Electric, Soloist BluesSlow128Johnny Sw 60
RealTracks in style: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060
RealDrums in Song: BluesRock128^5-Snr,Ride
RealDrums in Song: BluesRockShuffle^2-HHt,Ride
RealDrums in style:BluesRock128^3-a:SideStick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Dave Bell, AKA Blue Attitude, played guitar and I sang and played bass.

You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind
When we first met I was sure you're the one,
but now I know I don't know.
It could be something you said that took away the fun,
but somehow we lost that glow.
You seem to have a new license for driving me out of your mind.

There was that time we both knew we would last,
but now those mem'ries will fade.
We used to coast down love's highway,
but now you drive right passed all the plans we made.
You seem to take a free pass. Your driving me out of your mind.

There were no road signs, We had it all. We were on a roll.
We seemed to be flying.
We had a ball, and now you won't pay the toll.

We had good times, but we knew they would end.
I s'ppose we'll both move along.
Ev'rytime that I see you, I hope we'll still be friends,
and I'll hear our favorite song
You seem to've change your direction.
You're driving right out of my mind.

INTRO-- E7 A7 E7-F#7 B7
V-- E7 A7 E7 E7 A7 A7 E7 E7
F#m7 B7 E7-A7 E7-B7
BR-- A A-A=A7 C#m C#m B7 C#m E7-F#7 B7
END-- A7 B7 F#7-B7 E7%
Posted By: rsdean Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 04:27 PM
Marty,

Love it! You and Dave are at your rocking bluesy best... Great vocal and the mix is outstanding.

Best of luck with that new album!

Bob
Posted By: tommyad Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 05:28 PM
Marty, that’s a good hook. I like the chord choices and Dave plays a solo custom made for the tune. The bass sounds good as does the mix. Best of luck with the album release, Tom
Posted By: floyd jane Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 08:23 PM
Marty,

I've been wondering for a long time how that happened.

Quintessential Babu.
You have a way of singing with a smile in your voice - even in heartbreak.
The Marty Bass and Dave Guitar go together like ice cream and Hershey's syrup. Yummm.

Good mix.
Good music.
Look out Billboard!

fj
Posted By: PeterF Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 08:44 PM
Marty

Very good melodic song, nice lyric and well sung and played. As always I enjoyed Dave's playing.

Peter
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/17/23 10:37 PM
Marty and Dave,

It's a cool bluesy tune! Marty, your vocals are spot on Daves guitar is nailing that blues call and answer vibe! You guys always put together an enjoyable song!

Thanks, TB
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/18/23 12:34 PM
I know you are a very positive thinking person, but it still always makes me smile that even negative lyrics sound positive when sung by you.
Stay that way, whatever happens smile

Oh, and yeah, I like what you and Dave did, no question, this must to be on the album!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/18/23 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Marty,

Love it! You and Dave are at your rocking bluesy best... Great vocal and the mix is outstanding.

Best of luck with that new album!

Bob
Thank you, Bob! Man, I really wish Dave and I could play together in the same room sometime. Lotza fun.

Originally Posted by tommyad
Marty, that’s a good hook. I like the chord choices and Dave plays a solo custom made for the tune. The bass sounds good as does the mix. Best of luck with the album release, Tom
Thanks, Tom. Yeah, well, I only post albums so I can stop mixing the dang songs.

Originally Posted by floyd jane
Marty,

I've been wondering for a long time how that happened.

Quintessential Babu.
You have a way of singing with a smile in your voice - even in heartbreak.
The Marty Bass and Dave Guitar go together like ice cream and Hershey's syrup. Yummm.

Good mix.
Good music.
Look out Billboard!

fj
Thanks, Floyd! I'm still wondering WHAT happened. smile No heartbreak here --I think the singer was glad that dog was barking up another tree.

Originally Posted by PeterF
Marty

Very good melodic song, nice lyric and well sung and played. As always I enjoyed Dave's playing.

Peter

Thank you, Peter. No question that Dave is always my favorite part of my songs. I've thrown him curves, fastballs and even sTinkers, and he always hits it out of the park.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/18/23 03:15 PM
Hi Marty,

Two days ago (I think) I listened to Give me something and now you gave me this one.
You can deliver fast, man!
And also a very good one. You know what I think of your voice and you did it again.
Dave was also very present with his marvelous solo play!
The lyrics were kind of fun, the way you described your tragic lovestory.
Luckily you found Barb...
And what a very nice video.
Enjoyed it all,

Hans
Posted By: RnAM Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/18/23 03:45 PM
Hi Marty,

Everything in this song works out!
Music (great job by David), lyrics and video are so cool..
And last but not least your vocals!

Wonderful job!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: vicarn Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/18/23 04:06 PM
Hi Marty.
There you go, enjoying yourself again.
Well done with that title, bass and lead guitar.
Not sure if it's too much reverb or not enough volume on the vocal.
It seems a little distant.

Good one
Vic
Posted By: Scott C Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/19/23 02:29 AM
Blues at its finest Marty. Excellent vocal and lyric. Loved Dave's guitar lines. Bass lines carried the groove song. Really well done
Posted By: Noel96 Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/19/23 06:09 AM
Hi Marty.

I love 12/8 timed songs. This is an excellent creation.
You've done a great job putting everything together.
Dave's contribution also gets my applause.

Excellent music making!
--Noel
Posted By: Al-David Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/19/23 06:11 AM
Marty And Dave ...

You gentlemen make some great sounds!

Everything sits exactly where it should. Dave's guitar, as always, is a perfect fit. Your vocal is a pleasure to my ears. Two extraordinary musicians making extraordinary music. What a cool listen!

Best to both of you.

Alan
Posted By: DC Ron Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/19/23 09:38 AM
Super blues groove on this! Nice lyrics and catchy hook, too. Love the twists on the traditional blues progression. Bass and guitar lines are very fine and drive the music, as they should. BiaB parts sound great and the whole song is well mixed. Another hit! Best of luck with your album!! Ron
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/19/23 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Marty and Dave,

It's a cool bluesy tune! Marty, your vocals are spot on Daves guitar is nailing that blues call and answer vibe! You guys always put together an enjoyable song!

Thanks, TB
Thank you very much, Torrey.

Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
I know you are a very positive thinking person, but it still always makes me smile that even negative lyrics sound positive when sung by you.
Stay that way, whatever happens smile

Oh, and yeah, I like what you and Dave did, no question, this must to be on the album!
Thanks, Brain. Most of my songs are not about me, and I need to adapt the vocal to be "that" guy. Seems I'd never make it as an actor because I keep too much of me in my charachters.

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Marty,

Two days ago (I think) I listened to Give me something and now you gave me this one.
You can deliver fast, man!
And also a very good one. You know what I think of your voice and you did it again.
Dave was also very present with his marvelous solo play!
The lyrics were kind of fun, the way you described your tragic lovestory.
Luckily you found Barb...
And what a very nice video.
Enjoyed it all,

Hans
Thanks, Hans. Yeah, I remembered that I scheduled the album to be released, and realized I didn't have all the songs posted on YT yet. So I dumped the missing 4 (of which this is one) real quick. Thanks for being there with me.

Originally Posted by RnAM
Hi Marty,

Everything in this song works out!
Music (great job by David), lyrics and video are so cool..
And last but not least your vocals!

Wonderful job!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thanks so much Rob and Anne-Marie. So glad to "see" you.
Posted By: rayc Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/20/23 03:27 AM
Marty,
very cool vocal on a very cool song with an excellent narrative/word twist.

Dave did a fabulous job as usual.
A really well constructed and mix recording too.

There's seems to be a tiny bass hesitation, or so it seems to me, at 0.49. I noticed it becasue i always listen closely to your bass playing & tone - so I can steall an idea or seven.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/20/23 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by vicarn
Hi Marty.
There you go, enjoying yourself again.
Well done with that title, bass and lead guitar.
Not sure if it's too much reverb or not enough volume on the vocal.
It seems a little distant.

Good one
Vic
Thanks, Vic. My blood type is B positive, but the lack of quality you hear in the vocal is probably the vocalist.

Originally Posted by Scott C
Blues at its finest Marty. Excellent vocal and lyric. Loved Dave's guitar lines. Bass lines carried the groove song. Really well done
Thanks, Scott. Blues got the feeling.

Originally Posted by Noel96
Hi Marty.

I love 12/8 timed songs. This is an excellent creation.
You've done a great job putting everything together.
Dave's contribution also gets my applause.

Excellent music making!
--Noel
Oh, right with ya on the 12/8 - 6/4 thing, Noel. Thanks much!!

Originally Posted by Al-David
Marty And Dave ...

You gentlemen make some great sounds!

Everything sits exactly where it should. Dave's guitar, as always, is a perfect fit. Your vocal is a pleasure to my ears. Two extraordinary musicians making extraordinary music. What a cool listen!

Best to both of you.

Alan
Hi, Alan. Good to see you, and I see I'm soon going to hear you here right aftrer I post my gratitude for your comment. Thanks!! --hear ya soon.
Posted By: Dewey_MI Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/20/23 07:21 PM
You're quite a prolific writer, Marty! As I've said before, your voice and lyrics fit this genre to a tee. Good luck with your album!

Dewey
Posted By: firesong Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/20/23 08:36 PM
Marty...man you're back in your wheelhouse...you and Dave are certainly blues masters....there is a signature sound from this one that is totally the "blues brothers" of this forum...great vocal performance also...you've put together a killer album from what I've heard on the forum...you should be able to tell from the comments how appreciated you and your music are...be prolific and keep'em coming....that's one of my writing mottos "I may not be good at this but I'm prolific"...you seem to be both!
Posted By: ChadHC Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/20/23 09:13 PM
hey congrats on the new album today! Wow!
I watched the YT video. Great little storyline and nice licks responding to the vocal parts. Good choice of pixabay/pexel images......the soccer goal was funny.
Posted By: MarioD Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/21/23 12:19 AM
Marty, you and Dave go together like chocolate and peanut butter!
Fantastic rock blues.
Marty your vocal was superb as was your bass.
Dave's licks were frosting on the cake - excellent chops and tone.
IMHO this is your best to date.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/22/23 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Super blues groove on this! Nice lyrics and catchy hook, too. Love the twists on the traditional blues progression. Bass and guitar lines are very fine and drive the music, as they should. BiaB parts sound great and the whole song is well mixed. Another hit! Best of luck with your album!! Ron
Thanks, Ron. Love the Blues, and I always fiddle with the progressions. I used to have 8 followers on Spotify; only one listens. I just put albums out there so maybe I'll stop mixing them. wink

Originally Posted by rayc
Marty,
very cool vocal on a very cool song with an excellent narrative/word twist.

Dave did a fabulous job as usual.
A really well constructed and mix recording too.

There's seems to be a tiny bass hesitation, or so it seems to me, at 0.49. I noticed it becasue i always listen closely to your bass playing & tone - so I can steall an idea or seven.
Thanks, Ray. Seems there are a lot of hesitations in the bass line --you're not talking about the desingned ones, but I can't catch the one to which you refer. It's cool that you listen to learn because I have learned SO much from you.

Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
You're quite a prolific writer, Marty! As I've said before, your voice and lyrics fit this genre to a tee. Good luck with your album!

Dewey
Thank you, Dewey. Posting albums is just my way of cleaning out the studio. smile

Originally Posted by firesong
Marty...man you're back in your wheelhouse...you and Dave are certainly blues masters....there is a signature sound from this one that is totally the "blues brothers" of this forum...great vocal performance also...you've put together a killer album from what I've heard on the forum...you should be able to tell from the comments how appreciated you and your music are...be prolific and keep'em coming....that's one of my writing mottos "I may not be good at this but I'm prolific"...you seem to be both!
WOW, thanks, Dan. That is very kind of you. One thing you must do is take the word "not" out of your motto. It does NOT belong there. And to be grammatically correct, change the "but" to "and."
I like the lyric hook and the extended metaphor. Clever guy you are. smile

Cool bridge that does what a bridge should. Love that melody. Good vocal.

Dave sounds ace as usual.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/23/23 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by ChadHC
hey congrats on the new album today! Wow!
I watched the YT video. Great little storyline and nice licks responding to the vocal parts. Good choice of pixabay/pexel images......the soccer goal was funny.
Thanks, Chad. Curating those royalty-free images is the longest, non-creative part. Yeah, those guys need a better goalie who can handle ricochets. smile

Originally Posted by MarioD
Marty, you and Dave go together like chocolate and peanut butter!
Fantastic rock blues.
Marty your vocal was superb as was your bass.
Dave's licks were frosting on the cake - excellent chops and tone.
IMHO this is your best to date.
Thanks, Mario. ...or even PB& J? Thanks so much for all you do, Mario.

Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I like the lyric hook and the extended metaphor. Clever guy you are. smile

Cool bridge that does what a bridge should. Love that melody. Good vocal.

Dave sounds ace as usual.
Thank you, Scott, I like that "...what a bridge should." Right? The bridge is just another version of the same song.
Posted By: Scott C Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/26/23 03:10 AM
Blues at its finest. You and Dave sure complement each other. Cool walking basslines and awesome guitar licks. Super vocal and lyric. Perfect mix..
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/26/23 02:58 PM
This is nice and slinky, Marty and Dave. Janice said she felt like she was flowing down that twisty road in the video. 😊

That’s a cool lyric and we love the change up in the last verse of who is driving who out of their minds. Also,
the opening line’s “…but now I know I don't know” phrase is one that we often think about in situations.

Excellent mix and and vocal/instrumental performances by you both.
Fine stinging solo by Dave!

And those video clips are nailed for the lyric.
Plus there is a bike smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: GayleS Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/29/23 10:52 PM
"You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind"
I love this lyric. A new twist on an old saying.
Posted By: dcuny Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/30/23 07:18 AM
The opening guitar sounded like Dave, and... yep, that's him all right.

It's blues, so you'll get no complaint from me. smile

Nice arrangement. I noticed the bass, so I checked the credits, and... yep, that's you.

Good stuff!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 11/30/23 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Scott C
Blues at its finest. You and Dave sure complement each other. Cool walking basslines and awesome guitar licks. Super vocal and lyric. Perfect mix..
Thank you so much, Scott.

Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
This is nice and slinky, Marty and Dave. Janice said she felt like she was flowing down that twisty road in the video. 😊

That’s a cool lyric and we love the change up in the last verse of who is driving who out of their minds. Also,
the opening line’s “…but now I know I don't know” phrase is one that we often think about in situations.

Excellent mix and and vocal/instrumental performances by you both.
Fine stinging solo by Dave!

And those video clips are nailed for the lyric.
Plus there is a bike smile

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Wonderful comment you guys. I especially love that last line: Plus there is a bike smile

Originally Posted by GayleS
"You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind"
I love this lyric. A new twist on an old saying.
Thanks, Gayle. From the singer's pov the last line is what counts. Hey, I'm diggin' your Christmas album. Tried to play it for our granddaughter, but she only has time for Tay-Tay. I see your husband was touched by the tour, and now I'm off to hear his take.

Originally Posted by dcuny
The opening guitar sounded like Dave, and... yep, that's him all right.

It's blues, so you'll get no complaint from me. smile

Nice arrangement. I noticed the bass, so I checked the credits, and... yep, that's you.

Good stuff!
Thanks, David. Oh, yeah, that's Dave. Man, you should hear how lacking these songs are without his touch. Yep, even makes me play better.
Posted By: jannesan Re: You're Driving Me Out Of Your Mind - 12/01/23 06:34 PM
Clever title, seemingly having something wrong, but then the insight burst into my mind. And the title is also handled successfully: "You seem to have a new license for driving me out of your mind". Nice bluesy mood to support the idea of being somehow lost in a relationship. Enjoyed the arrangement, interesting chord progression in the bridge, Dave's guitar and the voice expressing the sorrowful situation, no-one else can do it better than Marty.

Yep, your great new album is now driving me through the Friday night.

Janne
© PG Music Forums