PG Music Home
Posted By: Hart Voulez Vous Danser - 12/15/23 04:23 PM
https://soundcloud.com/hart-182091020/voulez-vous-danser

Hello! This is my first composition here.
Thanks for listening!

Style is ALFAVIL2.STY (AlfaVil2 - Ev.8 80s Pop synth)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Syn Bass 2 (40), Electric Piano 2 (6), Clean Electric Guit (28), Pad-Poly Synth (91),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/15/23 05:28 PM
Hart, welcome to the forum! That's a nice little tune. To my American ears it sounds like a traditional French folk song. Very relaxing choice of arrangement and instruments. Hope to see more! Ron
Posted By: Al-David Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/15/23 11:19 PM
Hart,

Welcome to the forum. It's a great place to hang out. Nice song! I enjoyed the synths when they came in on the choruses. That was a soft, enjoyable listen. very nice!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/15/23 11:19 PM
That was a very nice, enjoyable listen! Well done.

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/16/23 12:45 AM
Welcome! Super first post!
Loved that groove
Super instrumentation
Good mix.
To nitpick I would turn up the lead a little and lower the bass volume a tad. BUT that is just my opinion and others may or may not agree.
Posted By: Hart Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/16/23 09:21 PM
Thankyou DC Ron! I never realised that it would sound like a French folk song. I thought the style was more carribean. I'll have to check this out.
Posted By: Hart Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/16/23 09:22 PM
Thankyou Alan!
Posted By: Hart Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/16/23 09:25 PM
Thankyou Mario D! I totally agree with you.
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/17/23 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by Hart
Thankyou DC Ron! I never realised that it would sound like a French folk song. I thought the style was more carribean. I'll have to check this out.

Hart, well, I might have been influenced by the song title. Ha! Think I missed that you are in Montreal. Visited for a week a couple of years ago. When we were departing the customs agent asked what we did on our visit. "Ate our way through Montreal" was my response. He laughed. What a great town.
Posted By: Hart Re: Voulez Vous Danser - 12/18/23 08:57 PM
Before Covid, the choice of restaurants was super.
Now unfortunately it's not the same anymore.
© PG Music Forums