PG Music Home
Another cool lyric and vocal from Robert.

Paradise Cost - Youtube

Paradise Cost by Spirit Level

The Band

Key=Eb , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=4:04
No intro. 99 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 99. Repeat x1 chorus
Melody has 770 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Time signature,Volume Changes,
Style is _TWISTED.STY (Twisted Clean-Arp Med-Slo Grunge)

RealTracks in style: 3586:Bass, Electric, NashvilleRadio8thsB Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 3182:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GrungeUnpluggedQuinn Ev16 090
RealTracks in style: 3731:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GrungeChugSyncArp Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 3267:Cello, Background CelticAirFlowingNatalie Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3554:Multi[Thickened=5] String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
RealDrums in style:MetalSlowBigTomGroove: a: Toms, Snare b: Busy Big Toms, Snare

Robert Cordrey, lyrics, vocals, video production
Scott Collingwood, lead guitar and fills, soundtrack production
Band in a Box, Leonardo.ai, Kyber.ai
Mixed and Mastered in Studio One 6
More Spirit Level can be heard at ://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel.ca

Robert Cordrey, lyrics, vocals, video production Scott Collingwood, lead guitar and fills, soundtrack production Band in a Box, Leonardo.ai, Kyber.ai Mixed and Mastered in Studio One 6 More Spirit Level can be heard at ://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel.ca
Bravo for the video and the music. Great.
Laurent
Scott / Robert,

Great music, great video and great production throughout. You guys make quite the musical team!

Bob
Great production and vocal with a very interesting video, Scott.

Vic
I LOVE this. Robert's unique approach to the lyrics and vocal sensitivity, coupled with Scott's incredible playing and quite flawless, 100% professional production skills ... gold. This is radio ready, to say the least. A somewhat mystical approach to music, that just works and communicates to itself to anyone who is ready to listen. Bravi, both of you. SUPERB. Oh, and: STUNNING video! Dare I ask how you made it, or is it a trade secret? smile Either way, wow.
Hey this sounds really awesome, quite the production masterpiece.

I'm trying to fit this into a genre but I don't know quite how to. It definitely has a lot of different elements in it and I could compare it to King Crimson I suppose but that's not really it. And it does have some prog rock elements and soundtrack components as well.

What band would you guys compare this to if you had to make a choice? In other words what do you think are the influences that are going on here?

This is just a really spectacular piece of work and I wanted to know if you think any specific bands in the prog rock genre are showing up as influences here

Great job.
Just a spectacular piece of art! Unique and challenging, but immensely likable. Everything sounds great. I especially liked the Wah on the guitar. Don't hear enough of that these days, but it's perfect here. Great job!
Gentlemen, all I can say is WOW!
This is a masterful work of art, both the music and video.
Everything and I mean everything is absolutely perfect.
It has been asked what bands does this remind you of.
For me it was a few. Queen during the harmony parts. King Crimson during the vocal parts.
Clapton during the guitar leads. Who could ask for more?
An outstanding piece of art.
Loved it.
Originally Posted by laurent4114
Bravo for the video and the music. Great.
Laurent

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by rsdean
Scott / Robert,

Great music, great video and great production throughout. You guys make quite the musical team!

Bob

Thanks Bob. Your comments are very much appreciated. Glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by vicarn
Great production and vocal with a very interesting video, Scott.

Vic

Thanks Vic Really glad you like the song.

Originally Posted by musician17
I LOVE this. Robert's unique approach to the lyrics and vocal sensitivity, coupled with Scott's incredible playing and quite flawless, 100% professional production skills ... gold. This is radio ready, to say the least. A somewhat mystical approach to music, that just works and communicates to itself to anyone who is ready to listen. Bravi, both of you. SUPERB. Oh, and: STUNNING video! Dare I ask how you made it, or is it a trade secret? smile Either way, wow.

Thanks James Good to hear from you. Happy New Year. Your comments are very kind. Really glad you liked the song.

Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey this sounds really awesome, quite the production masterpiece.

I'm trying to fit this into a genre but I don't know quite how to. It definitely has a lot of different elements in it and I could compare it to King Crimson I suppose but that's not really it. And it does have some prog rock elements and soundtrack components as well.

What band would you guys compare this to if you had to make a choice? In other words what do you think are the influences that are going on here?

This is just a really spectacular piece of work and I wanted to know if you think any specific bands in the prog rock genre are showing up as influences here

Great job.

Thanks David for the awesome comments. Really don't know how our songs transform into the finished pieces. They start very stripped down and develop kind of a feeling before they are finished. Roberts lyrics are very descriptive by themselves and with his taking up the video production has taken them to a new level. For me I really don't think about genre. I love the groove which comes from the drums and basslines and try and meld them with the melody of Roberts test vocal..

I asked Robert today what influences his music and this is what he sent me:

Quote:
Genre?? I didn`t consider that at all. The opening choral melody comes from classical music & parts of the rock song melody/rhythm from a guitar solo on an early Quicksilver album. I listened to prog rock way back when but any influence would be unconscious. Actually our own Order Of the Hoax gave me the confidence that an acapella choir could work integrated in a rock song...and that was entirely built around your instrumental track.

Really glad you liked the song.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Just a spectacular piece of art! Unique and challenging, but immensely likable. Everything sounds great. I especially liked the Wah on the guitar. Don't hear enough of that these days, but it's perfect here. Great job!

Thanks so much for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by MarioD
Gentlemen, all I can say is WOW!
This is a masterful work of art, both the music and video.
Everything and I mean everything is absolutely perfect.
It has been asked what bands does this remind you of.
For me it was a few. Queen during the harmony parts. King Crimson during the vocal parts.
Clapton during the guitar leads. Who could ask for more?
An outstanding piece of art.
Loved it.

Thanks Mario for the very kind words. So glad you liked the song and video. Robert is getting really good with software.
Well, in all ways this is epic. Vocals and guitar are great.

I had to listen a couple times through to get the gist of the lyrics.

Excellent work, both of you! laugh
Very excellent and creatively original. I also liked the guitar solo, and I think there's a lot of songs posted on this forum which would be better with an instrumental break. The style somehow reminded me of an old British band, but I can't put my finger on which. I really enjoyed everything about this.
Listened when you first posted on FaceBook, and definitely worth another listen.

Scott, you and Robert have developed your own sound and style, and it's a good sound indeed! Very unique and original.

I think this is my new favorite, just great work. Love the video too. Well done to both of you!
Wow, I love the in-your-face harmony in the opening, then that cool guitar speaks. Sensational video to compliment the always top-notch lyrics that speak in poetic ways. Cool wah-wah, too. Man, I love your unique videos and the level of spirit in your songs. Well done, Robert and Scott.
Scott, This is a great production! The intro is very clever and really sets the stage for what follows! Wonderful work all around! Take care, TB
Originally Posted by dcuny
Well, in all ways this is epic. Vocals and guitar are great.

I had to listen a couple times through to get the gist of the lyrics.

Excellent work, both of you! laugh

Thanks David for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by WaoBand
Very excellent and creatively original. I also liked the guitar solo, and I think there's a lot of songs posted on this forum which would be better with an instrumental break. The style somehow reminded me of an old British band, but I can't put my finger on which. I really enjoyed everything about this.

Thanks for the kind words. Your comments are very much appreciated. Glad you liked the song..
Hi Robert and Scott,

A very impressive song!
Very nice vocal harmonies and also a beautiful guitarplay by Scott.
It is really something very different but beautiful.
A pity the lyrics were not in or not so well to follow (on YouTube).

That video was very creative and (somewhat) haunting too.
So, a big hand for the both of you!

Hans
Scott...there's always an impressive soundscape to listen to with your productions...your guitar work is impeccable!
Scott & Robert,
Another gem of SP. Fantastic harmonies, lyrics, guitar and overall concept of the tune. It seems you production matures with each song. Good one, and thank you for sharing.
Misha.
Hi, Scott & Robert !

Sublimely wonderful music so delicately
performed ! WOV ! I think this
must be one of your absolute best !
Congrats for this masterpiece !

Cheers
Dani
Scott & Robert
Very well done, excellent prog rock sound. I was reminded of Yes during the opening choral part.
One of Roberts most appealing vocals.
The guitar parts were well played and constructed and the video was engaging.
Nicely done.

Peter
Interesting music and video. A.I. Artwork is amazing ... you produced a masterful work of art with it. thanks for sharing
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Listened when you first posted on FaceBook, and definitely worth another listen.

Scott, you and Robert have developed your own sound and style, and it's a good sound indeed! Very unique and original.

I think this is my new favorite, just great work. Love the video too. Well done to both of you!

Thanks Dave. Really glad you liked the song. Robert and I have really been having fun lately with the new songs. We have also gone back to the start of our catalog together and are remixing,rerecording and creating videos for some of our older songs that were our favorites.

Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Wow, I love the in-your-face harmony in the opening, then that cool guitar speaks. Sensational video to compliment the always top-notch lyrics that speak in poetic ways. Cool wah-wah, too. Man, I love your unique videos and the level of spirit in your songs. Well done, Robert and Scott.

So glad you liked the song Marty. Robert has really been pushing his creative side with his vocals and with the videos. Thanks for checking out the song..
Hi Scott and Robert
Extremely good song with a great sound
Robert sings the song really cool
And your guitar work as always TOP
The video is just as good.
What program do you use for these great videos ???
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Wild and surreal video, which matches the song, a visual delight.

Love the song. Great lyrics, music, and singing. I especially like the wah-wah on the guitar.

A new fave.
Very artsy and different (and I mean that in a positive way), both the song and the video.

I'm not 100% sure I got the lyrics, but I enjoyed the listen.
A lot!
So original and professionally produced !!
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Scott, This is a great production! The intro is very clever and really sets the stage for what follows! Wonderful work all around! Take care, TB

Thanks Torrey for checking out the song. Really glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Robert and Scott,

A very impressive song!
Very nice vocal harmonies and also a beautiful guitarplay by Scott.
It is really something very different but beautiful.
A pity the lyrics were not in or not so well to follow (on YouTube).

That video was very creative and (somewhat) haunting too.
So, a big hand for the both of you!

Hans

Thanks Hans. Your comments are very much appreciated. Really glad you liked the song..

Originally Posted by firesong
Scott...there's always an impressive soundscape to listen to with your productions...your guitar work is impeccable!

Thanks Dan. So glad you like the song.
Wow! Another fine audio production, cool write and engaging sci fi video.

Scott’s guitar (wah wah sounds great) and the drums are awesome.

The vocals are intriguing (is that a Leslie effect on the lead?) and choral parts reminiscent of Queen.

The choice of BiaB tracks and the mix are great.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Thanks Misha, Dani, Peter, Elliot, Andi, Scott, B.D., Ed and Bud and Janice for checking out the song and commenting. Your comments are very much appreciated and so glad you liked the song.

Andi - Robert uses Leonardo.ai, Kyber.ai to create the videos.
Robert's lyrics are becoming more and more prophetic - very dark description of Steelsky Cities, I really like "frenzy of greed/or less is more/the devil stepped in/when we opened that door". The lyrics are already very visual, but the video lifts the story to new heights, visually really amazing, and it is not just the AI tools used, but the impressive vision Robert has.

Very unique production, Robert's voice sounds great and Scott's guitar work is always pleasure to enjoy. Somehow reminded me of The Doors.

Janne
What a production!!!! Excellent sounding track (pro all the way) with a really elaborate video!!! FANTASTIC!!! Take care. Greg

P.S. I don't think I've heard you wah Scott.....sounds great!!!
© PG Music Forums