PG Music Home
Posted By: laurent4114 Le Baron du Funk - 02/11/24 11:48 AM

https://soundcloud.com/user-294987337/le-baron-du-funk

It's a song in 2 parts: 1 part Disco Funk with vocals and brass. 2nd part Pop Fusion ballad with a real vocal track, guitar solo. Lots of sounds coming from synthmaster 1 and 2.
Lyrics in English:
The Baron of Funk
With her gloved hands and her golden necklaces
No one can ignore him because he is at the top
The Baron of Funk Drives in a Cadillac
He's successful, he's at every party
No Rap or Rock Even less Pop
Don't talk about Punk, there's only Funk
The Baron of Funk It's a Hit machine
He shouts I feel good His riffs are powder

Style : _BARON.STY (Baron Groovy Soul Funk)
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 2608:Basse, Electrique, Rythme Moderne Disco Funk Bin 110
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 4318:Piano, Electrique Clav, Rythme Funk Rapide 16th Bin 120
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 4317:Piano, Electrique, Rythme Funk Rapide 16th Bin 120
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 3337:Piano, Electrique, Rythme, Funk 16th Binaire 110
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 4254:Section Cuivres, Background Soul Funky Bin 105
RealTracks dans ce morceau song: 2929:Guitare, Acoustique, Rythme Pop Funky DblCrch Bin 110
RealTracks dans ce morceau song: 1154:Guitare, Electrique, Rythmee Reggae DblCrch 100
RealDrums [dans ce Style:FunkModernDiscoEv16^2-a:Hat ouvert, Caisse claire , b:Cloche Ride, Caisse claire

Style : _PENGUIN.STY (Penguin Post-Modern Jazz)
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 2959:Basse, Acoustique, Rythme Smooth Poppy DblCrch Bin 90
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 3669:Piano, Acoustique, Rythme, New Age Arp DblCrch Bin 90
RealTracks dans ce style Style: 3784:Synthé, Rythme, Minimal HipHop Ghost Pads 95
RealTracks dans ce morceau song: 3538:Voix, Background Soliste, Gospel Cool Soulful 16th Swing 75
RealDrums [dans ce Style:SmoothJazzBallad^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Mixed in Cubase
Good listening
Laurent
Posted By: rsdean Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/11/24 11:57 AM
Laurent,

Great song and great arrangement. Love the transition to the ballad. Really nice use of Synthmaster - great mix!

Excellent...

Bob
Posted By: DC Ron Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/11/24 12:31 PM
Laurent, this is a fun song! Love all the sonic activity that kept the arrangement moving along, especially the clav in the 1st half. What was the guitar solo in the 2nd half? Don't see one credited, but thought that worked very well. Enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/11/24 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by rsdean
Laurent,

Great song and great arrangement. Love the transition to the ballad. Really nice use of Synthmaster - great mix!

Excellent...

Bob
Thanks Bob for the comments.
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/11/24 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Laurent, this is a fun song! Love all the sonic activity that kept the arrangement moving along, especially the clav in the 1st half. What was the guitar solo in the 2nd half? Don't see one credited, but thought that worked very well. Enjoyed the listen!
Thank you DC Ton for your comments.
The guitar solo of the 2nd part I did.it.
Laurent
Posted By: MarioD Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/14/24 11:42 PM
Laurent, Super groove!
Great instrumentation.
Nice dynamics and groove change - brilliant.
The only thing that I found not up to stuff was the vocal. IMHO that was effects overkill on the vocal such that it was extremely hard to understand the lyrics. Note that is just my opinion and others may or may not agree. YMMV
Posted By: Al-David Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/15/24 06:21 AM
Hi Laurent,

What a really cool song! You used Synthmaster very effectively. And the transition from driving funk to powerful ballad was excellently handled. Everything about this isd terrific! I enjoyed it very much!

Take care,

Alan
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/15/24 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by MarioD
Laurent, Super groove!
Great instrumentation.
Nice dynamics and groove change - brilliant.
The only thing that I found not up to stuff was the vocal. IMHO that was effects overkill on the vocal such that it was extremely hard to understand the lyrics. Note that is just my opinion and others may or may not agree. YMMV

Thanks Mario for the comments. For the singing I am not satisfied but I tried to do the best.
My voice is dubbed with a vocoder and echo which distorts understanding.
Laurent
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/15/24 04:54 PM
Very creative indeed. A funkier than funk part A and a smoother than smooth ballad part B.
Well done.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/15/24 05:02 PM
Well done.
Nice use of BIAB.

fj
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/16/24 02:58 AM
Oh my, oh my!! great song and arrangement. All very well put together.
Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/16/24 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hi Laurent,

What a really cool song! You used Synthmaster very effectively. And the transition from driving funk to powerful ballad was excellently handled. Everything about this isd terrific! I enjoyed it very much!

Take care,

Alan
Thank you Alan for the comments which mean a lot to me.
Laurent
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/16/24 09:08 PM
Wow!

Really excellent use of BiaB and a very different and cool arrangement.

As others have mentioned to groove change was very engaging.

Kudos! Well done.

J&B
Posted By: dcuny Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:00 AM
Hi, Laurent.

I was going to say "cool arrangement", but J&B beat me to it...

But I'll say it anyway: cool arrangement. Lots of ear candy. smile
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Very creative indeed. A funkier than funk part A and a smoother than smooth ballad part B.
Well done.
Thank you very much Bass Thumper for the comments and I will thank all the musicians and singers who made the realtracks in Band in a box because it is always a great pleasure to be able to use this wealth.
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Well done.
Nice use of BIAB.

fj
Thank you Floyd for your comments. That touches me from you.
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by cubanpete
Oh my, oh my!! great song and arrangement. All very well put together.
Cheers

Mike B.
Thanks Mike. It's true that I do this for pleasure but when you get compliments it's even better.
Laurent
Posted By: tommyad Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 12:19 PM
This is really good listening. Very creative use of BIAB. I liked the guitar solo in part 2. Keep up the good work,Tom
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 02:53 PM
This sounds really great Laurent.

What kind of guitar and effects are you using in part 2??

It sounds really good.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 03:30 PM
Ah, there was once a Godfather of Soul and now enter The Baron du Funk. Crazy good feel. Man, you pack this with a lot of music. How crazy was it to mix? Came out crazy good, but the singers are not my favorite part until the baroness started around 2:50. I also like the change there. Laurent, some serious guitar in there. Now THAT's my favorite part. I see everyone else is awed by that second solo, too. Outstanding stuff.
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Wow!

Kudos! Well done.

J&B
Thank you very much Janice and Bud.
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Wow!

Kudos! Well done.

J&B
Thank you very much Janice and Bud.
Laurent
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Laurent.

Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Laurent.

Thanks David.Synthmaster is a mine of candy. Watch out for dental caries!
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by tommyad
This is really good listening. Very creative use of BIAB. I liked the guitar solo in part 2. Keep up the good work,Tom

Thanks Tom for the comments.
laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/17/24 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by David Snyder
This sounds really great Laurent.

What kind of guitar and effects are you using in part 2??

It sounds really good.

Thanks David for the comments. I use a PRS humbucker in the neck pickup position. The plugin is Amplitube 5, Preset: A dirty blue one with the addition of the AIR Sprite effect: distortion delay and reverb.
Laurent
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/19/24 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
Ah, there was once a Godfather of Soul and now enter The Baron du Funk. Crazy good feel. Man, you pack this with a lot of music. How crazy was it to mix? Came out crazy good, but the singers are not my favorite part until the baroness started around 2:50. I also like the change there. Laurent, some serious guitar in there. Now THAT's my favorite part. I see everyone else is awed by that second solo, too. Outstanding stuff.

Thank you Marty and I agree with you: the singing is not the best. But as I often say: you can't turn a donkey into a racehorse! For the guitar solo, I wrote it in advance, which saved me from having to make and redo audio recordings. the difficulty is being relevant during harmonic changes.
Laurent
Posted By: Derochette Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/24/24 02:03 PM
Hi Laurent,

well-paced funk music. The brass and the composition are pleasant and the whole varied..

Jani
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/24/24 03:08 PM
Laurent

Man, I loved this one! Kind of a funk/smooth jazzy piece! I also really like the feel-good nature of the melody and chord structure! Lots of fabulous horns and other instrumentation happening!

Thanks, TB
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/24/24 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi Laurent,

well-paced funk music. The brass and the composition are pleasant and the whole varied..

Jani
Thank you very much Jani for the comments
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 02/24/24 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Laurent

Man, I loved this one! Kind of a funk/smooth jazzy piece! I also really like the feel-good nature of the melody and chord structure! Lots of fabulous horns and other instrumentation happening!

Thanks, TB
Thanks Torrey for the comments. It took a bit of work. I don't really like the voices but I did the best I could with my voice.
Laurent
Posted By: Scott C Re: Le Baron du Funk - 03/01/24 02:46 AM
Wow very cool song. Mix and instrumentation was awesome. Very cool vocal processing. Loved this tune
Posted By: laurent4114 Re: Le Baron du Funk - 03/01/24 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Scott C
Wow very cool song. Mix and instrumentation was awesome. Very cool vocal processing. Loved this tune
Thanks Scott, I really appreciate your comments.
Laurent
© PG Music Forums