PG Music Home
Posted By: Steve Young New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 02:24 AM
Hi everyone,

I apologize for making a new post on this one, but I was unable to edit the older post. For those who heard the original song, my wife loved the song! In face she loved it so much, she wanted to sing it. Rachel is the real singer in our family. When you hear her voice, you will know one of the reasons I married her!

I also worked a little more on the arrangement, and added some more strings, and also played a piano part. Everything else is RT/RD. I hope you enjoy it...

Of All The Things

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Steve
Posted By: rsdean Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 02:33 AM
Steve, I love this song and the arrangement - and your wife has an outstanding voice! Really beautiful...

Bob
Posted By: Noel96 Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 02:34 AM
Hi Steve,

Wow!!!!! This is a sensational mix and Rachel's singing is sublime. The two of you are a pretty awesome musical team.

Thank you for posting this second version. I was a real pleasure to listen to it.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Sundance Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 02:46 AM
Tell Rachel she has a fan here!
Posted By: occ Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 03:48 AM
Steve, this is one of the best songs I've heard on this forum. Your wife really makes this song. She needs to do more on this forum. Thanks!! OCC
Posted By: Skyline Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 01:52 PM
Steve this is stunning, full stop. Beautifully done and a sensational listen.
The song itself is very strong composition and in my opinion needs to be published and brought to a wide public.

John
Posted By: Jan Romanoff Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 03:55 PM

Wow...Not only can you hear the song, you can FEEL it!! Wow
Jan
Posted By: Muzic Trax Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/06/11 07:02 PM
Yes, this was very nice !! I enjoyed listening to her sing this. Great job with the RT's as well. Way to go Steve.

Trax
Posted By: bobcflatpicker Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/07/11 12:03 AM
Great job Steve. Rachel's voice is beautiful.

You oughta team up with her more often!
Posted By: PRearden Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/08/11 01:06 AM
I like this version better. The only thing I noticed is that the guitar solo has an ending that doesent quite sound natural. Kinda abrupt. I liked the mix at the end. Something pretty cool about it.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/10/11 08:51 PM
Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to listen! Glad you like the song, and I agree that Rachel has a beautiful voice (of course, I may be a little partial.)

Noel,

Thanks so much for your kind words! I think Rachel has the voice of an angel. Of course I always knew she is an angel - she's always up in the air, harping about something!

Glad you like the song!

Josie,

I will inform Rachel of her fame! Thanks so much for listening!

OCC,

I am flattered by your words. I agree that Rachel really makes this song. She really make a lot of things in my life! I have posted some of our work together some time back. I will repost one of her songs in the near future. I am multi-vocational, and our schedules sometimes get so full that it is hard to focus on recording with Rachel when we have time together. I tend to work on my writing/recording when it doesn't interfere with "our" time.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/10/11 09:01 PM
John,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I would love for this song to get out to the wide public. Heck, I'd even be happy to get it out to the narrow public! Again, I am honored that you like my song.

Jan,

I really appreciate your comment. This is definitely a song to "feel"! Thanks for giving your time to listen!

Trax,

Thanks so much! Glad you like it. I think BIAB with RT is an awesome tool!

Bob,

Thanks for your input! I agree, we should do more together on this forum. We do a lot of singing/performing together "live" but it's hard to get her to settle into the "studio". She seems to think our grandchildren are more important! (I do agree with her.)

PReardon,

Thanks so much for your observations! I agree that the guitar could use a little work, but this was pretty "thrown together". This is not the final mix, so hopefully it will sound better when I am through with it. Thanks again!

I hope all of you have a very blessed day!

Steve
Posted By: Marty Wittmann Re: New Song Redo Of All The Things - 02/11/11 03:18 AM
Steve!
What a great song and your wife did a super job on vocals. The arrangement is solid and well mixed. I really, really enjoyed this tune.
Marty
© PG Music Forums