PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/18/11 12:35 AM
Posted this song a couple of years ago. It's a Blues, called Moonlight Shuffle. Slowly, but surely, I've replaced most of what was Rts with LIVE instruments.

So, this version includes David Sanders live on Drums, Mack Sanders on vocals (lyrics as well) and slide guitar, myself on the guitars (lead and rhythm) ... the B3 and the bass remain to be BIAB realtracks for now.

Hope, you enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

Oh yeah - the link would help: -Moonlight Shuffle - Uncut
NICE! The remaining Rt's still fit really well. Cool song and all great performances. Mixwise I always have a couple of observations if you care to hear them. But this is a really nice track, no doubt!

Dan
Yea! What Dan said. I also have some mix issues, but some VERY TASTY guitar work! Great vocals too!

Greg
Quote:

Posted this song a couple of years ago. It's a Blues, called Moonlight Shuffle. Slowly, but surely, I've replaced most of what was Rts with LIVE instruments.

So, this version includes David Sanders live on Drums, Mack Sanders on vocals (lyrics as well) and slide guitar, myself on the guitars (lead and rhythm) ... the B3 and the bass remain to be BIAB realtracks for now.

Hope, you enjoy!

Cheers,
Mike

Oh yeah - the link would help: -Moonlight Shuffle - Uncut

Hi Mike,very nice sound,i listened very carefully to where you placed your instruments in the mix,as i am very keen to learn,and love songs like yours that are uncluttered and give me a chance to hear what goes where ,so thank you for posting it ,really enjoyed your tune ,Brian.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/21/11 05:46 PM
Thank you all for the kind words!

Yeah - the mix is not quite what I want it to be. Most def not final

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/21/11 11:37 PM
I love the blues and you guys did the blues justice on this one. You have a very steady drummer and one excellent singer here. That plus the fact that you play some very tasty guitar is just icing on the cake.

You picked the perfect RTs for this song.

Once you work on the mix you will have an “air play” ready cut.

Two thumbs up.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/22/11 02:20 PM
WOW - thanks so much for the glowing review on this one, Mario! This one took some work. Two years in the making... naturally, with some breaks inbetween - as it should be, if one tries something serious. So, thanks again!!! I'll let the guys know for sure.

Hopefully, I can start a more serious mixing process soon. Busy as heck - up to my ears LOL!!!

Cheers,
Mike
Mike,

It's already all been said! The RT's work really well with the live work, your guitar is really tasteful, and very nice vocals! Keep up the good work!

Steve
This is fantastic Mike !! Great Blues number brother.

Trax
Posted By: MikeK Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/28/11 05:03 PM
Thanks so much, Steve and Trax! Very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/29/11 09:15 AM
Hi Mike,

It's all been said. Please add a huge +1 to your fan list from me

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MikeK Re: Oh Baby - this one is coming together!!! - 03/29/11 09:16 PM
Thanks so much, Noel ... that's MUCH appreciated

Cheers,
Mike
© PG Music Forums