PG Music Home
Posted By: PgFantastic One Last Cry - 02/25/14 02:54 AM
I reached the goal of 14 in 28 days for FAWM 2014 with this song, I was browsing songs on soundcloud and saw a song with the title I used for this. Today I sat down and wrote the lyrics: Tips and suggestions welcome!

All of the instruments are Band in a Box

364 Finger Picking Acoustic
366 Bass
368 Acoustic Strum
RDs Nashville Brushes Easy Bluegrass

This link takes you to One Last Cry

One Last Cry

This link takes you to my FAWM 2014 site where all 14 of the songs are posted, for anyone interested

My FAWM 2014
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: One Last Cry - 02/25/14 03:47 AM
There is a great song, I believe called MY LAST CRY. You should check it out if you haven't heard it. That is the one I thought you were referencing. I think you did a great job with this. I'm not sure if you intended it but I thought the husband and wife had split up from the lyrics in the chorus. To me anyway, it was a great twist when you realize she'd passed away. Really nice and well-crafted song!! Sounded great too! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: One Last Cry - 02/25/14 12:44 PM
Nicely done.

Cello solo is so nice and fits like a glove. I can't fathom the loss of a spouse, a lifetime partner. Sure I've lost my parents, and dear friends along life's journey.....

loved it.
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Last Cry - 02/25/14 02:24 PM
Robert, That is one great song. Nice job lyrically and vocally. Good job on the production. Even though it's a tearjerker I enjoyed it very much.
Posted By: boehm Re: One Last Cry - 02/25/14 03:14 PM
Hi Robert,
Originally Posted By: tommyad
That is one great song. Nice job lyrically and vocally. Good job on the production. Even though it's a tearjerker I enjoyed it very much.

Couldn't say it better.

Guenter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: One Last Cry - 02/25/14 06:44 PM
Wow, what a great song for the half way point. I don't know how you guys do this! Sad but REALLY well done.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: One Last Cry - 02/26/14 01:42 AM
Thanks all for the feedback! Greg it started out as a leaving song, the first verse actually came first, but then as I was singing it in my head the idea for the tombstone came to mind and I just wrote it to that end.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: One Last Cry - 02/26/14 04:55 PM
Wow, Robert. Not sure they can get any sadder than that!

Good write. Well sung.

Congrats on the 14! That is an accomplishment. You had a BUNCH of good ones this year!

floyd
Posted By: dani48 Re: One Last Cry - 02/26/14 06:19 PM
Now, Robert !

This is my favorite Bobtune henceforth !
I sat here harmonizing to your beautiful
tune and to me it sounded just great !:))
Thank you Bob !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: MarioD Re: One Last Cry - 02/26/14 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Robert, That is one great song. Nice job lyrically and vocally. Good job on the production. Even though it's a tearjerker I enjoyed it very much.

A SUPER BIG +1

This one is going to be very hard to beat!
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: One Last Cry - 02/27/14 07:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, your kindness is much appreciated!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: One Last Cry - 02/27/14 10:04 AM
Robert,

This is a stunning song. When it finished playing, I just sat there and reflected. I wasn't even aware that the song had ended. These lyrics, you music and your arrangement pulled me right in. This song is a huge credit to your ability.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Al-David Re: One Last Cry - 02/28/14 03:35 AM
Robert...

Sad rarely gets done this good. The lyric is a sad but so wonderfully expressed. This is a great song and your performance is stellar. What a great listen!

Al & Di
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: One Last Cry - 02/28/14 05:49 AM
Thanks Noel and Al-David for the kind words!
Posted By: Elliott Kayne Re: One Last Cry - 02/28/14 02:45 PM
Nothing like a sad country song to make my day. An excellent version of the art form. Everything about this song works, your arrangement, your vocals (with a bit of a quiver in the voice), I like the cello, and lyric.

One question, how did you get the real track acoustic guitar to sound so sweet, with the gentle stops in the beginning of the song?
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: One Last Cry - 03/01/14 05:47 PM
Thanks Elliot, all of the the stops but one was done automatically by band in a box, the style I used was pop ballad 2 FP gtrs set #5, the one before the second verse was a hold create by entering the chord and three periods. In this songs case Dsus...

Hope this helps!
Posted By: ROG Re: One Last Cry - 03/01/14 07:35 PM
Hi Robert.

Certainly not the most cheerful song I've ever heard, but beautifully written and performed. Loved the cello and the lift in the chorus. The false ending was inspired and finished the song off perfectly.

Nice one.

ROG.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: One Last Cry - 03/01/14 08:15 PM
hi Robert this is my favorite so well done god bless eric
Posted By: olemon Re: One Last Cry - 03/12/14 08:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Robert...

Sad rarely gets done this good.

Al & Di

Al & Di said it. Wow Robert!

The arrangement fits the song perfectly.
Posted By: PgFantastic Re: One Last Cry - 03/12/14 09:15 PM
Thanks Rog, FMM and olemon for listening and taking the time to respond!
Posted By: RichMac Re: One Last Cry - 03/13/14 03:10 AM
Really enjoyed the sentiment in this one Robert and think your voice is just right for this song. Cheers.
© PG Music Forums