PG Music Home
All,

I started this song a while ago with BiaB, and then step by step I've completely changed it. Hooked by the arpeggio functions of the Roland Fantom G, where actually all the sounds come from, I've then knocked out this idea: http://sergiomarcello.com/music/idea.mp3

Still lots to do, but you get an idea of the song direction :-)

Regards,
Sergio
I see how it's easy to get hooked on those Roland sounds. Good job. Did hear a slight hum you may want to address as you continue to progress with the song.

Charlie
This is a great start! Super sounds!

BiaB has a way of changing a lot of songs that I do.
Hi Sergio,

Nice to "meet" you. We don't get a lot of this style of music on the boards. It was a very pleasant change of pace!

We loved the way the intro built in layers. That approach always builds a certain amount of anticipation. Very nice work! We enjoyed the light, easy-going feel to this one. Best to you ...

Alan & Di
All,
many thanks for the nice comments, very appreciated :-)

@c_fogle,
yes about the hum you are absolutely right, I'll care about it in the future.

Best regards,
Sergio.
It may just be my system, but I had to adjust the bass down a bit to keep it from overpowering the rest of the music. I really enjoyed the piece. It had a good energy and a really nice flow.
Sergio...

I like this a lot! You used BIAB the same way I do.. to prep an idea for development elsewhere.
Yes, interesting and different from most of what we usually hear here.

I think the user showcase helps us all to see just what's possible with this amazing software! We all tend to get in ruts.. and sometimes through mutual influence we get in the same rut together. Then somebody like you comes along and does something very different. When that happens, its as though somebody discovered a new door in the universe, and now we can explore places we never even knew existed before

I like the arpeggiated passage. I need to learn how to do that.
Fun upbeat little tune!! I could hear it as movie soundtrack music. Really enjoyable listen! Take care. Greg
cool sounding tune.

I'd bring the lead synth up a few db in the mix.
Thanks all for the encouraging comments, very kind from you !

All right, in the next 'release' I will:

1) suppress the hum
2) adjust the bass volume
3) bring the lead synth up a few db in the mix

I can't only trust my ears, that's why your opinions are so important to me :-)

Regards,
Sergio.
Good work Sergio, I really enjoyed this, it's a very infectious piece.
I loved the lead 'guitar' work and the bass sound was superb. I look forward to the remix!

John
Originally Posted By: semar
Thanks all for the encouraging comments, very kind from you !

All right, in the next 'release' I will:

1) suppress the hum
2) adjust the bass volume
3) bring the lead synth up a few db in the mix

I can't only trust my ears, that's why your opinions are so important to me :-)

Regards,
Sergio.

you perfectly summarized why forums like this are such a valuable resource to anyone who wants to learn from the experience of many
Different from what is typically posted
or what I typically listen to...and that
is another reason that we so much
enjoy this community. The mix sounds
fine on my monitors but they are "bass
light." I would imagine that a great video
could be created around this.

Kudos!

J&B
© PG Music Forums