Posted By: kindofblue Bluemoon - 03/12/15 06:42 PM
Another Jazz Standart
added some loops

https://soundcloud.com/kob71/bluemoon

Hope you'll like it.

kindofblue
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Bluemoon - 03/13/15 11:19 AM
KOB,

Cool that you have mixed "old" (a standard) with "new" (loops). An interesting listen...

Your sax is a little "too out front" (an opinion, of course - it's a very small amount). It could be brought down a dB or 2 to sit in the mix better - or adding a little reverb to it might be just the thing - that often has the impression of making something a bit softer and helps it sit in the mix better.

Are the loops from the new set included in BIAB 2015? If so, it would be interesting to see what they are...

floyd
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Bluemoon - 03/13/15 03:55 PM
This is a nice rendition with a new twist. I enjoyed my listen.

Charlie
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Bluemoon - 03/13/15 05:31 PM
Always interesting to hear something with a difference. Agree that the sax dominates a little too much.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bluemoon - 03/13/15 06:09 PM
A pleasant listen!!

Your sax is a little "too out front" (an opinion, of course - it's a very small amount). It could be brought down a dB or 2 to sit in the mix better - or adding a little reverb to it might be just the thing - that often has the impression of making something a bit softer and helps it sit in the mix better.

100% agreed. Floyd has helped me a lot with my mixes. Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg
Posted By: kindofblue Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 03:36 AM
https://soundcloud.com/kob71/bluemoon-ii

I've taken now several dB out of the dominant sax voice and put a little hall on the line, too.
Hopefully it's a bit better now, but I think the whole sax signal, that comes in, is too high.
Anyway, that's the best I can do so far.
I need much more knowlige on these things. smile

Yes, the loops are all from the new BIAB2015. I think they are great! My Problem is, starting with these things, you can't get enough. I mean, often I'm not having enough lines to put more loops under a title. (Or does BIAB allow more than the existing 7 lines?)
Here my Arrangement:
728 acoustic bass
1479 organ
real drums = JazzBrushes
Loop: acousticDrumsFullKit/funk Rock
Loop: HipHop/Old School
Loop: other/Human beatbox
Loop: House-Techno-Trance - ethnicgroove

Greetings from sunny switzerland
with still plenty of snow in the alpes
Posted By: gibson Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 05:41 AM
Good use of the loops!!
Quote:
does BIAB allow more than the existing 7 lines?

If you want more "lines" then use RealBand. I don't use that myself but many on here do and they will give you good advice.

I cannot get the bomb bah bomba bomba, danga danga dang ding a ding dang, bit of the Marcels version out of my head now LOL

Alyn
Posted By: gruverider Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 12:07 PM
Very innovative and creative!

much enjoyed!
Posted By: FredM Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 01:03 PM
+1!

Hi KOB,
Nice sax playing.
Liked your improvisation!

Grt

Fred
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 03:10 PM
Nice cover kindofblue.
thanks for posting.
Rob.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 06:18 PM
Cool playing.
Enjoyed the listen.

J&B
Posted By: RichMac Re: Bluemoon - 03/14/15 06:32 PM
Nice clean sax. Like the tone.
Enjoyable take on an old standard.
Cheers.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Bluemoon - 03/15/15 02:58 PM
Nice job... great use of loops! BIAB styles are so good for jazz applications like your song, I would probably have taken the easy route and used a conventional style... but the fact that you went the extra mile and figured out how to use the loops is very cool!

The loops bring so many new possibilities to BIAB, I look forward to seeing how people use them going forward, and how they change the musical landscape in the forum as time progresses.

Nice playing! I always enjoy hearing users add a bit of themselves to their productions!
© PG Music Forums