PG Music Home
Posted By: PRADON PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/20/15 08:16 AM

Hello to all BIAB users and to all BIAB community,

I've got my first BIAB software in 2010 ! and it's the first time I share some music, I'm very happy to be among you. There are a lot of very interesting songs here.

For my first post, I'd like to upload a song a bit long (about 28 minutes), that is intended for the dance, with a high tempo (120 BPM)

Instruments used in this track :
RealTracks: ~388:Basse,El,Metal Bin120
RealTracks: 697:Guit,El,MD ElcRkDirty Bin120
RealTracks: 697:Guit,El,MD ElcRkDirty Bin120
RealDrums: EuroDance^3-a:Bass, Snare , b:Bass Pumping

As you can see there are two same guitars, each one on a channel (L and R)
The main instrument is the piano, that is not a Realtrack ; I've used a excellent classical software to record it : FINALE 2005

The style of the song is rather techno, electro-pop music than pop-rock

hope you enjoy

Pradon

PALATINAT-CAMPARI

Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/20/15 08:32 AM
Welcome.....

Almost 28 minutes long? I didn't take the time to listen all the way through. Instead I dropped in at random places. It didn't seem to change much from the same groove.

For a piece of this length, there needs to be changes happening to keep the listener interested.

At 5:58 it sounded like the end of one song and an edit/cut to a different one with a similar groove.

I would suggest creating shorter songs.... but hey, that;s just my opinion....I'm anxious to hear what others here have to say on this song.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/21/15 11:45 PM
Hey, Padron, welcome to the forum. I agree with Herb, although good for what is intended, club dancing, it's way too long for the listeners in this forum. I sometimes get carried away and go beyond six minutes and every now and then get the "good but a bit long" bit.

Later

Mike B.
Posted By: boehm Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/22/15 07:28 AM
Hi Pradon,

Welcome to the forum.
I just can repeat the previous posters:
I enjoyed until 6:00 then I gave up.

Guenter
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/22/15 04:21 PM
Hello Guitarhacker,

Thanks for your interesting remark concerning the length of the song, two others musicians said exactly the same thing, I think I should stop for next songs at five, maybe six minutes.

Thanks for your frankness
Have a good day
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/22/15 04:25 PM
Hello cubanpete,

As you noticed, this song is intended for dance, so I wanted to make it different than "variety song" (chorus, verse, etc.). But I also think it's too long, laugh
Thanks a lot for your reply

Have a good day
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/22/15 04:32 PM
Hello Günter, we are neighbor, aren't we ? (german and french)

You're so right, the two previous musicians and you, about the lenght of the song ; I'll do my best next time to make a shorter song, I'm a "greenhorn", a newbie, (although I use BIAB since 2010).

Thanks for your reply
Posted By: RnAM Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/22/15 08:58 PM
Hi Pradon,

not a bad combination of piano, dance and rock guitar.
Could use a vocal or vocal samples here and there.

Rob & Anne-Marie
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/23/15 09:03 AM
Welcome Pradon. Like some of the others, I sampled my way through the entire song stopping at random places and placing my listening emphasis on the arrangement. I liked how you used the two electric guitars in the mix. The mix is very well done. Nice piece of work.

Charlie
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/23/15 09:58 AM
Originally Posted By: PRADON
Hello Guitarhacker,

Thanks for your interesting remark concerning the length of the song, two others musicians said exactly the same thing, I think I should stop for next songs at five, maybe six minutes.

Thanks for your frankness
Have a good day

Since I'm speaking Frankly, (as I normally do anyway) I would go shorter then 5 minutes. I am thinking back to my days playing music live in bands..... and after 3 minutes or so..... folks who are dancing are ready for a break.... ready to either slow down.....speed up... or sit down and have a drink. I've heard that some of the rave parties go on and on and on musically, and I guess the folks just dance, but I suspect that even there the DJ is changing it up every so often to keep folks interested...... in my experience... you gotta switch it up or you lose the crowd. With a tune close to 30 minutes in length, you gotta have lots of changes in there to keep people interested. As I jumped from section to section there was a similar vibe..... I think more change would have been a good thing. No way could I listen to the same sounding music for 30 minutes if I was out dancing..... but that's JMHO.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/23/15 01:46 PM
Pleasant music!! I agree with others about the length. Also, a lot of repetition but I think that's a common characteristic of dance music. Looking forward to hearing more! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/23/15 08:43 PM
Hi Pradon,

Welcome to the forum smile It's always great to see new people jump in and post songs.

We don't get EDM too often in here. The fact that you managed to create a work that's 28 minutes long is impressive. I think my longest work has been just under 5 minutes (but then I'm more of 'standard song' kind of composer). Like the others before me, I didn't make it all the way through. Because I have limited time, I'd rather listen and comment on a number of songs from a variety of users in 28 minutes than just one song. That being said, and as I've already mentioned, I was impressed.

I'm looking forward to hearing your next post!

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 02:49 AM
Hi Pradon. I did not listen to the whole song (short attention span!).I enjoyed the first few minutes. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 03:33 AM
Hello Rob and Anne-Marie,

Concerning a vocal or a vocal sample here and there, it's a great idea,
Thanks for your post
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 03:40 AM
Hello Charlie,

Thanks a lot for your remark concerning the two electric guitars and the mix, I'll use again this process next time.
Have a nice day
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 03:46 AM
Hi Greg,

You very well understood the fact that repetition is a common characteritic of dance music. Nevertheless, the problem with my own song, and I understand it now, is the lenght.
Thanks a lot for your interesting reply Greg
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 04:17 AM
Thanks a lot for your welcome, I appreciate,
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 04:19 AM
Hi Josie,

thanks for your reply,
regards
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 06:53 AM
Lots of energy in this one.
Well mixed and most enjoyable.
Rob
Posted By: gibson Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/24/15 12:56 PM
Welcome Pradon,

I say "Hi", as the poster with the shortest song, to the poster with the longest song laugh on page 1. I have an extremely short attention span grin laugh

I managed about 5 minutes and jumped about and enjoyed what I heard

I look forward to more

Alyn
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/25/15 05:46 AM
Hello Rob, Hello Gibson,

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I appreciate

Regards
Posted By: olemon Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/25/15 08:51 AM
It is a nice production and mix, meant for dancers as you indicated. I too am focused on songwriting, so I didn't audition the whole piece, but it sounds professional enough to me:)
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/27/15 02:52 AM
Hi olemon, and thanks a lot for your attention,
Regards
Posted By: floyd jane Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/27/15 02:58 PM
Pradon,

Welcome to the Showcase!

Your piece is interesting throughout. Long, indeed. The piano playing kept my attention fairly well. I let much of it run while I did other things and the music kept pulling me back. The mix is well done. I did feel that the bass could have been a little "beefier" (more thump) for a dance number.

Looking forward to what comes next.

floyd
Posted By: PRADON Re: PALATINAT-CAMPARI (song) - 05/28/15 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot floyd for your very kind reply,

With a long song like mine you're so right to let the music run while doing some other things, it is intended for the dance, it's not a 3 minutes song indeed.
Concerning the bass, the problem is always the same, too loud and it's taking over, even compressed. Furthermore, the bass and the electric guitar on both channel are in the background, the main instruments are percussion and electric piano.

Thanks a lot for your attention,
Regards
© PG Music Forums