PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor White Folks Can't Dance - 06/14/15 01:15 PM
If I posted this before, please forgive me. It's enjoying much airplay on "Sounds Of Scotland", "Scotland Hospital Radio"; and "Veterans' Administration Medical Center (Tulsa).

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12846649

There is a story behind the inspiration to do the tune.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/14/15 09:13 PM
Always good to see you posting. This song takes me back to the mid-late 60's when the country stars were backed by top quality bands and the band members were known and followed in their own right. This song reminds me of the style of Don Rich of the Buckaroo's.

Enjoyed it a lot. Congratulations on the airplay.

Charlie
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/14/15 11:24 PM
Nice Jammin' track!! Mix is excellent! Enjoyed much! Take care. Greg
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 01:20 AM
Hi Donald. Great stuff! Can you share the story behind the song? I would love to hear it.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 08:59 AM
Heard this before, Don - but was good to hear again.

Dig that guitar! Excellent mix - nicely done...

You are doing well in those charts!!

floyd
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 12:36 PM
Originally Posted By: JosieC
Hi Donald. Great stuff! Can you share the story behind the song? I would love to hear it.

The story: A beautiful black nurse, Jill, threw down a friendly challenge stating "White folks can't dance!"

Little Amy, my favorite Charge Nurse, accepted the challenge then proceeded to mop the floor with Jill. LOL

The tune was my dig at Jill who loved the tune.

Jill said: "God made everyone from the same cookie dough and used the same cookie cutter!"

I answered: "Yes, that's very true, but occasionally He scorches a batch!"

Jill is the Charge Nurse on weekends who comes to my room, tells me to play some Acoustic Blues on Pandora, then, with both thumbs up, says: "CRANK THAT SUCKA UP!"
Posted By: RnAM Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 12:44 PM
Hi Don,

Yes, we remember hearing this one before, nice to hear it once again!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 03:28 PM
Thanks Charlie; Greg; Josie; Floyd; Rob & Anne Marie.

To be acknowledged by my musician/songwriter/singer peers is extremely encouraging.

I'm still struggling, striving, to overcome the guilt associated with claiming BIAB compositions as my own originals. All I did was enter a chord progression, key, style, and tempo the turned Brent Mason and John Jarvis loose on it.

Those guys are great! They never miss practice sessions, don't get bombed, never miss a note, never walk on the vocalist, and always bring gargantuan talent to the mix.

Thanks Brent, John, and especially Peter for giving me my music back after a serious illness. I had given up.

News flash: It's a gorgeous day in Oklahoma (a Southern Province, eh?) so my beautiful aide, Bobbi, is taking me out for a DQ malt and a cruise around the lake. First outing in over 4 years! You've gotta love this girl. All on her own time and Loonies.

***Just tried attaching Bobbi's pic. Error said file exceeds 1Meg. I attached the exact pic before np?
Posted By: MarioD Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 05:53 PM
I finally got some time to listen to some songs.

I great toe taper here Don! Great choice of RTs with a super mix!

PS - I am one of those white folks that can't dance!
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 06:12 PM
Mario, thanks old friend.

I was always providing the music for others to dance to to perfect the craft, so put me in the "White folks can't dance column!"

Your comments are always encouraging, thank you.

We are under Tornado Warning so, worst case, they will wheel me, bed and all, to a central hallway where I'll be safe. Don't worry.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 07:09 PM
Donny!

Great composition my friend, love the solo trading in the arrangement. Thanks for re-posting, I think I missed it the 1st time.

Please pass on my challenge to Amy, I will throw down with her on my next visit . . . unless somebody stops me (please).

PS: I can just see you slurping that DQ Double! Now I have to get that image out of my mind. LMAO!

Later,
Posted By: dani48 Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 07:16 PM
Hi, Don !:))

This must be one of your absoulte best,
almost sweeps one off oneĀ“s feet !:))
I loved everything about it, arrangement,
mix and playing - WOW !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/15/15 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Donny!

Great composition my friend, love the solo trading in the arrangement. Thanks for re-posting, I think I missed it the 1st time.

Please pass on my challenge to Amy, I will throw down with her on my next visit . . . unless somebody stops me (please).

PS: I can just see you slurping that DQ Double! Now I have to get that image out of my mind. LMAO!

Later,

Danny, I hope that you and Linda were well out of harm's way when that levee broke today during The Mud Festival. News said 114 injured!Wow!

I'll tell Amy. Be ready to have her mop the floor with you. Lol Plan to dance to my tune so I can feel a part of it.

Amy has a beautiful voice and would wake me each morning by dancing in singing. She wants someone (you) to back her on The Judds' "Grampa" and "Daddy's Hands" so be prepared. I asked what key and she said: "Whatever key THEY sing it in!" Lol

Wayne, the new Admin, nixed the outing due to liability issues so Bobbi went and got me a DQ double caramel malt so I'm squatin' in yer basic cotton!

Donny

My message to Amy and her reply:

"Amy, Danny just challenged you to a dance contest next visit (probably August) and I said you'd mop the floor with him. Might be prudent to bone up on your CPR. Lol"

"Lol I'll be there with bells on!"
Posted By: Icelander Re: White Folks Can't Dance - 06/16/15 10:59 PM
I just hope the irony of mixing that style with that title was intentional grin
© PG Music Forums