PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/09/15 09:39 PM
I hesitated a little. A little shy to post my own creation, but here we goes... Having BiaB for years but not really starting using it before recently... Love the sound of the real tracks....A song created using style created from a Pink Floyd midi song, playing to the chords of Chick Corea's song Spain... For the Trumpet style is used Don Clark's real track and guitar is used Jason Roller's real track. Added a 3d fractal video, but the quality become not so good... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lapMNt6dodw
Posted By: SRP Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 04:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Trygve. You posted a nice song for your first time out. The trumpet was a good selection in leading your band. As I was watching the video, I felt like I was in the middle of coral reef even though I know that was not the case.
Sonny
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 05:42 PM
An interesting combination of instruments, Trygve.

welcome to the forum...

floyd
Posted By: RichMac Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 06:07 PM
Hi Trygve. Great showcase for the trumpet and i really enjoyed the video. Cheers.
Posted By: boehm Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 07:36 PM
Hi Trygve,

welcome to the forum.
Nice first post.
Who or what is "BIB"?

Guenter
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 08:41 PM
Thanks a lot Sonny ! Hehe, even manage to misspell the title in my own post ! What a newbie ! whistle
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 08:43 PM
Thank's a lot Floyd !
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 08:53 PM
Thank's a lot RichMac... Glad u enjoyed the video !
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/11/15 08:56 PM
Thank's a lot Guenter.. Did I mention the word "BIB"?
Posted By: gibson Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/12/15 12:00 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
A song created using style created from a Pink Floyd midi song, playing to the chords of Chick Corea's song Spain...

What a great method to write a song!
Good first post, welcome!

Alyn
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/12/15 03:02 AM
Welcome Trygve!! This is a pleasant musical piece. Trumpet part works well, if in an unconventional way, against the background. Enjoyable listen!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/12/15 07:03 AM
Thank's a lot Alyn, for ur warm words... It's really encourage me to make more !
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/12/15 07:05 AM
Thank's a lot Greg... Really appreciating ur words !
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/12/15 08:18 AM
Hello Trygve and welcome to the forum.
Good work. looking forward to hearing more.
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/14/15 12:38 AM
Thank's a lot Rob ! Means a lot for me.. I certainly will post more !
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/14/15 12:42 PM
Cool mashup of songs and mix of RT's.

Enjoyed the listen.

J&B
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Trumpet Ridele.. - 10/14/15 02:03 PM
Trgve,

I love cutting and pasting, slicing and dicing the melodic ideas in RealTracks solos so that I get the feeling that I'm a kind of Dracula, sucking the juice out of the RealTracks artist's brain and re-shaping them according to my own tastes.

Here you've managed to create a long solo where I don't hear the familiar licks or repetition. That is remarkable. My only criticism comes from personal taste: I like my solos short and a total track time of around 3 and 1/2 minutes. I developed this preference as I acclimated to the Forum, which is not a jazz venue. It's hard to get folks anywhere to listen improvised non-rock music, so jazz performances on the Forum has to be melodically accessible (yours is) and short (yours isn't).

Most important, however, your tune is beautifully executed. How about something more modern, a little more adventurous?

Dean Clark (aka Aleck Rand)
© PG Music Forums