PG Music Home
Here is my new recording for week 9 of my 52 Tracks project for 2016: Sure Do Wonder (Bumblebee Song)

http://52tracksblog.com/2016/03/03/track-9-sure-do-wonder-bumblebee-song/

This will be a rare posting--the only surviving RT is the Bluegrass mandolin. I roughed out an arrangement in BIAB using the Bluegrass 100 style and sent it to my musician friend, John August Lee. He is a brilliant arranger and performer. He replaced the acoustic guitar, bass,and banjo RTs with his performances and added harmony vocals. I think he did a very special job with this song.

In the blog post is a link to the album China Sky, which John and I released in 2012. I used RTs for some of the songs or as placeholders for John. Members of the current Kingston Trio were the most prominent of our musical guests on the album.

Thanks for listening.
I forgot to emphasize how important BIAB works for demos that can help session musicians. BIAB translates what is in my head to those great musicians who understand quickly where I want to go. Thanks, Peter Gannon.
Fred
That was excellent. Great playing - great arrangement and enjoyable vocals.
Thanks, Peter.
Wonderful in every regard, Fred.

Good write. Excellent arrangement and production. The banjo is super - the panning is cool - I can't tell if it is one track or two (it's that well done)...

Enjoyed the listen.

floyd
Thanks, Floyd. Two banjos.
Really nice job!! Banjo is awesome. Very good write and the prosody is great with the minor key and the lyrical direction. Very cool Fred!! Take care. Greg
Thanks, Greg!
Fred,
This great! Have you posted any "UserTacks". I'd surely use them.
Good luck on the songwriting challenge. Keep us posted.
SD
Thanks, SD.

No, I have not made any User Tracks. Maybe someday.

Fred
Great effort again Fred.
The harmonies worked sensationally well, and I really enjoyed the lyrics.
Very good all 'round.
Thanks, VT!
© PG Music Forums