PG Music Home
Posted By: aleck rand Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/14/16 11:10 PM
Hi Forum Folks. Of necessity I've had to be away for a time. In addition, I had misgivings about posting anything I once did on guitar. Open casket misgivings? Something vaguely along those lines. These subsided after a while and I had the idea that what I consider my best work might be of interest to some members.

Here I played a Wes Montgomery classic (based on the changes to Summertime) along with a RealDrummer and Cal D. Krane on B3.

................................Four On Six
"OGD" OhGoD, that is sweet!! OMG!! What incredible playing! The mix sounds really live. This is a treat. Awesome!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/14/16 11:50 PM
Oh, yeah!
Posted By: Sundance Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/15/16 02:05 AM
Wow! What a great sounding track! Mix is great, playing is great.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/15/16 04:16 AM
Dean
Superb! Great guitar playing.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/15/16 04:47 AM
Oh, Man, Dean. I mean really Oh Man!

This is just absolutely sensational. If only I could keep my left foot still.

You always deliver, and well, you just did it again. Cal's effort on the B3 doesn't disappoint either.

Sensational.

Trev
Posted By: Scott C Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/15/16 08:25 AM
Very impressive song. Amazing intricate playing.
Posted By: boehm Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/15/16 01:19 PM
Hi Dean,

yes, it's of interest. Great playing.
Thanks for sharing.

Guenter
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/16/16 11:53 AM
Thank you Carolyne. Glad you liked it.

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/16/16 11:54 AM
Peter,

Such a great compliment and much appreciated. Thank you.

Dean
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/16/16 11:56 AM
Guenter,

Very happy you like it. And thanks Guenter for your generous response.

Dean
Posted By: dani48 Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/17/16 03:27 PM
Hi,Dean !

This is nothing short of
fantastic !!!:))

Take care

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: aleck rand Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/17/16 05:04 PM
Hey Dani,

I trust you made a full recovery - to the relief and gratitude of all. Thanks BB.

Dean
Oh yeah, give some. Nice job!!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/19/16 04:42 PM
Nice.
Wow! There's a lot to enjoy here. Love the hot AND nuanced playing.

Superb....

J&B
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/26/16 12:56 PM
Hey Dean! great hearing from you again!

Of all the people who actively post here on the user forum you are (in my opinion) the undisputed master of all things jazz! Every one of your presentations has been not only pro quality, but I'd venture to say "upper echelon" pro! You are a virtuoso on multiple instruments, and you have earned my respect over and over!

At the risk of sounding like a broken record that gets stuck repeating the same phrase ... "Great job!"
Posted By: Carolyne Re: Wes Montgomery's classic: Four on Six - 03/26/16 05:47 PM
Agreed!
© PG Music Forums