PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 10:26 AM
A little honky tonk shuffle blues featuring lots of piano. I wrote this in 2010 but updated it with BIAB tracks several weeks ago after I got Di out of the shower and tucked into bed. A quick apology to the ladies - the lyric is a wee bit sexist. But, I thought it fit the song.

Sugar Daddy

Title: Sugar Daddy
File:Sugar Daddy.SGU
Key=E , Tempo 125, Length (m:s)=3:19

Style is _TBLZSHP.STY (Texas Blues Shuffle w/ Piano)

RealTracks in style: 1583:Bass, Electric, TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 1591:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 1585:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealTracks in style: 1584:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffleBrent Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 1588:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealDrums in style: BluesRockShuffle^2-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sugar Daddy
© 2010 Alan D. David, BMI

V1
I liked what I saw first time I laid my eyes you
I know what you need, those other guys don't have a clue
I can see me spending a whole lot of time with you

V2
Those fishnets you’re wearing honey they suit my style
And those four-inch stilettos sure do make me smile
I’ll be your sugar daddy if you’ll be my honey child

Chorus
I’ll kiss you in the morning, make love to you every night
I'm sweeter than honey and baby I’ll treat you right
I been checking you out real close and I sure do like your curves
Yeah, I’m the kind of man a woman like you deserves

Instrumental Break

V3
I’ll put some jingle in your pocket and hang gold round your neck
You’ll have silk in your blouses cuz I got a big fat paycheck
And that Caddy outside is mine and it ain't got no debt

Chorus
I’ll kiss you in the morning, make love to you every night
Yeah, I’m sweeter than sugar, baby I’ll treat you tight
I been checking you out real close you got some mighty fine curves
Posted By: Scott C Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 10:55 AM
loved t his Alan. My favorite kind of music... Super vocal and backtrack. Loved the guitar. Well done....
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 04:18 PM
You got a great blues feel happening with this Al. A great set of lyrics, a great vibe happening throughout, and topped off with a great delivery.

Just great!
Posted By: ROG Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 04:40 PM
Hi Alan,

Well, my old friend, what can I possibly say that can do justice to that?

You know I'm a blues-man at heart, so I was always gonna like this one, but
you've surpassed yourself this time.

Such life in that backing track - I could actually see the band whilst I was listening to
them playing. The lyrics? Yes, well maybe a little risqué, but isn't that what
blues is all about? Loved them.

And your vocal. I wish I could combine smooth and relaxed with a bit of attitude and
expression the way you do.

The whole experience was just fabulous.

More of this please, Alan!

All the best, ROG.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 09:37 PM
Alan,
This is rollicking good fun - you really carry the song with one of your best vocals.
Backing track sounds great on my new monitors.
Rhyming " curves" with "deserves" - like that!

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 10:01 PM
Great, great song Alan! This was SRV all the way! I got a chuckle on some those cool lyrics getting a couple of "wishing I had thought of that line" moments. When that piano solo came in I was thinking please let a guitar solo come in after this and man you read my mind! Good one Alan! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: dani48 Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/27/18 10:03 PM
Hi, Al !

I like the groovy of this
honky tonk shuffle of yours !!!
Superb in every way !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: PeterF Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 12:59 AM
Alan

A great rollicking blues rock number. Great vocal - enjoyable lyrics and an excellent backing band.

Peter
Posted By: jannesan Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 04:50 AM
Very nice modern blues groove, lyrics remind me of many early blues songs, but nice to hear 'I'll kiss you in the morning' instead of 'I woke up this morning' smile This could work also in an old style slower version.

Janne
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 07:59 AM
Alan,

This is a superb Blues-Rock write. Start to finish.

An awesome rockin' band and a solid vocal. The guitar solo is jaw-dropping good.

I'm listening in earbuds (it's early in the morning)... I thought the piano could be just a touch louder in the mix to give it "piano punch and power"... I'll listen later on speakers...

Really enjoyed this. Hard to say this is "one of your best" because you have been SO productive this past year... but it certainly is right up there...

fj
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 08:45 AM
This is right in my wheelhouse, I love music like this!

Good stuff Alan, fun lyrics and the "band" is hot. I mentioned this before, I think your voice really works well for this type of material.

Enjoyed the listen!
Posted By: tommyad Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 10:00 AM
Oh Yeah, A rolling shuffle. What's not to like. Great lyrics and a fabulous understated delivery of the vocal. Great real track choices. Blues rule!!! Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 02:08 PM
What Tom said!!!!

We love the blues and have always felt that the RT's for this include some of the best BiaB has to offer.

It's a blues lyric, a blues progression, a blues arrangement and a cool blues vocal.

We'd like a front table for an entire set!

Great!

J&B
Posted By: gruverider Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 02:47 PM
This is perfect!!! What a write! Your lyrics are spot on.

Man, I mean the rocking blues don't get any better.

Love it!
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 03:10 PM
Very COOL!!! I wrote a Sugar Mama song, to bad I don't have time to record it now and we could be a pair. Love the upbeat feel and very nice lyrics. I could definitely start dancing to this one.
Good job.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
loved t his Alan. My favorite kind of music... Super vocal and backtrack. Loved the guitar. Well done....

Thank you very much, Scott. I'm totally delighted you enjoyed it as I know that Blues is your big love in music. Again, Many thanks!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 10:57 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
You got a great blues feel happening with this Al. A great set of lyrics, a great vibe happening throughout, and topped off with a great delivery.

Just great!

Hi Trevor,

Those are some real nice comments. Thank you so very much!!!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Alan,

Well, my old friend, what can I possibly say that can do justice to that?

You know I'm a blues-man at heart, so I was always gonna like this one, but
you've surpassed yourself this time.

Such life in that backing track - I could actually see the band whilst I was listening to
them playing. The lyrics? Yes, well maybe a little risqué, but isn't that what
blues is all about? Loved them.

And your vocal. I wish I could combine smooth and relaxed with a bit of attitude and
expression the way you do.

The whole experience was just fabulous.

More of this please, Alan!

All the best, ROG.

Hi ROG,

You are always so kind and supportive with your comments. I'm not sure how to reply beyond a heartfelt and sincere thank you. I am humbled by your words.

And, I promise, there will be more Blues coming. I have a couple incubating right now. Time is hard to come by but will finish them as I can. I will sprinkle in a little this and that between. I like so many different genres it's sometimes hard to choose which one i want to do. I shall be posting an instrumental waltz next and then a big band standard. I'll try to work in Blues number after that.

Thank you again, my friend. You always make me smile - my musical heart, too.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 11:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Great, great song Alan! This was SRV all the way! I got a chuckle on some those cool lyrics getting a couple of "wishing I had thought of that line" moments. When that piano solo came in I was thinking please let a guitar solo come in after this and man you read my mind! Good one Alan! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey,

many thanks for all that kindness! Any time i create something and someone else says, "I wish I would have thought of that", that tells my I probably did okay. That's a real feather in my hat - a wonderful compliment. Thank you so much!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/28/18 11:07 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Al !

I like the groovy of this
honky tonk shuffle of yours !!!
Superb in every way !

Cheers
Dani

Thank you, Dani! I grew up playing in many, many honky-tonks. And I've always been as fan of the Blues.I appreciate your very nice comments.

Alan
Posted By: rsdean Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 07:43 AM
Alan,

This one really swings! Loved the arrangement and vocal. Excellent job - great song.

Bob
Posted By: sslechta Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 01:27 PM
Totally see the SRV reference, I loved this a lot. Very upbeat and fun!
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 01:37 PM
Very nice song. Great groove, arangement and use of instruments. That guitar solo kicks [*****]. Great job.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:34 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

A great rollicking blues rock number. Great vocal - enjoyable lyrics and an excellent backing band.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much! Glad it sings good in your ears. Much appreciated!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:35 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice modern blues groove, lyrics remind me of many early blues songs, but nice to hear 'I'll kiss you in the morning' instead of 'I woke up this morning' smile This could work also in an old style slower version.

Janne

Hi Janne,

Thank you so much. And yes, this could have gone any one of two or three ways. I'm working on a slow blues as I can. I appreciate those very kind comments.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:38 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

This is a superb Blues-Rock write. Start to finish.

An awesome rockin' band and a solid vocal. The guitar solo is jaw-dropping good.

I'm listening in earbuds (it's early in the morning)... I thought the piano could be just a touch louder in the mix to give it "piano punch and power"... I'll listen later on speakers...

Really enjoyed this. Hard to say this is "one of your best" because you have been SO productive this past year... but it certainly is right up there...

fj

Hi Floyd,

Sure do appreciate all that. And you might be right about the piano. I had it a bit louder but cut it back - thought it might be to "invasive". I might have been wrong about that. I'll pull it a little further forward and see how it sounds. Appreciate the observation and suggestion.

This one pretty much fell together pretty quickly. Glad you enjoyed the various aspects. Many thanks!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:40 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
This is right in my wheelhouse, I love music like this!

Good stuff Alan, fun lyrics and the "band" is hot. I mentioned this before, I think your voice really works well for this type of material.

Enjoyed the listen!

Thanks dave,

Keep talking - I could listen to those kind words all day! Seriously, I appreciate your very nice words. I know you're a Blues guy. So, you kind words sure are rewarding! Thanks again.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:41 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Yeah, A rolling shuffle. What's not to like. Great lyrics and a fabulous understated delivery of the vocal. Great real track choices. Blues rule!!! Tom

Hi Tom,

You sweet talker, you! Thanks so much. And yeah, Blues is pretty good stuff, eh??!! Appreciate all that.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
What Tom said!!!!

We love the blues and have always felt that the RT's for this include some of the best BiaB has to offer.

It's a blues lyric, a blues progression, a blues arrangement and a cool blues vocal.

We'd like a front table for an entire set!

Great!

J&B

Hi You Two,

Uh ... I got the best table in the house reserved for you. I'll be sure your admission is comped!

Thank you very much! Your comments have left a big smile on my face. I appreciate the constant support from you kind folks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
This is perfect!!! What a write! Your lyrics are spot on.

Man, I mean the rocking blues don't get any better.

Love it!

Hey Lawrence,

You're way too kind! Thank you so much for all that kindness and encouragement. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/29/18 11:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Belladonna
Very COOL!!! I wrote a Sugar Mama song, to bad I don't have time to record it now and we could be a pair. Love the upbeat feel and very nice lyrics. I could definitely start dancing to this one.
Good job.

Hi!

Sugar Mama! Sounds like a perfect partner! And dance away! Thank you very much for those super cool words!

Alan
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/30/18 03:29 AM
Hello, Alan

A really nice honky tonk shuffle blues!
It's amazing groove.
Your vocal and Guitar are splendid.
As Tom said, great real track choices. Blues rule!!!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: RnAM Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/30/18 05:43 PM
Nice and grooving Alan.
Personally I don't mind a good incorrect lyric every now and then wink

Rob
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/31/18 06:54 AM
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

A really nice honky tonk shuffle blues!
It's amazing groove.
Your vocal and Guitar are splendid.
As Tom said, great real track choices. Blues rule!!!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigeki,

Thanks for the listen and the really nice comments. I'm a big fan of Shuffle Blues, ala Stevie Ray Vaughn. It's a groove that I enjoy playing and singing. Thank you for those kind words!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sugar Daddy - 01/31/18 06:56 AM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Nice and grooving Alan.
Personally I don't mind a good incorrect lyric every now and then wink

Rob

Hi Rob & Ann-Marie,

I think you once mentioned that Blues is not one of your favorite genres, so I especially enjoyed your comments! And yeah, the lyric, in my opinion, fits the the groove and drive. Blues lyrics and get a little suggestive sometimes!

Thank you again!

Alan
© PG Music Forums