PG Music Home
Posted By: eddie1261 Livin' On Wheels - 04/02/18 01:11 PM
Yet another 'story of my life" as I plan to make this lifestyle change to living in an RV and seeing the country.

Livin' On Wheels

Style is _CDRIV12 - Country Drivin' 8ths w/B3

RealDrums-NashvilleEven8^6-HiHat,HHatO
RT2351 Bass, Acoustic, RockabillyRockNRoll Ev 165
RealGuitar 1696 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryDrivin8t
RT1171 Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockUpbeatBrent Ev 140
RT2491 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm RockabillyRockNRollKevin Ev 1
RT687 Harmonica, Background Pop Ev 165

Thanks again to Rog who continues to polish my diamonds for me! He did some supportive drum tweaking and adjustments as well as another fine job of mastering.

Livin' On Wheels
Posted By: ROG Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/02/18 01:17 PM
Always happy to help - I consider it an honour to be asked.

Hope the RV project does as smoothly as the song.

ROG.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/02/18 01:58 PM
That was a fun listen! Up tempo, rocking with an attitude.

Nice write, good mix, good vocals.
Posted By: cliftond Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/02/18 02:35 PM
great song Eddie, enjoy the trips, we did it for about 12 years. traveling and working, not retired. I will retire in about 4 years, we will travel some for sure in a pull behind. We had a 5th wheel when we lived in it.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/02/18 06:11 PM
hi eddie really like this tune its a keeper great selection of real tracks vocal perfect thanks for sharing eric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/03/18 10:50 AM
We've always wanted to do that. Been retired 19 years...no excuses smile

We enjoyed this upbeat well written, performed and produced rocker. Makes ya wanna get on the road! Go for it Eddie.

J&B
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/03/18 11:00 AM
Really well done, Eddie! I liked how much energy was behind this tune. This is exactly the kind of tune I can imagine sounding incredible played live.

Great job, and thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/03/18 03:26 PM
My sentiments are the same as Deryk! I can see this song being really rad live and seeing it performed. The RV life sounds like a fascinating dream.

Really awesome song, and thank you for sharing. smile
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/03/18 03:33 PM
The "LIVEness" of this song is very apparent, and it was done in the feel of Jackson Brown's old harder edged stuff. Back in the day I used to do a thing to open that was Jackson's "The Road and the Sky" that was connected as a medley to "Redneck Friend", as they were almost the same song anyway. He had David Lindley in his band then playing slide and dobro and I wish I had the opportunity to put a good slide part in there. That led me to the Real Band Wish List request for more slide parts. grin

The full time RV life is a ways off. I have the RV and budgets dictate that I build it slowly, adding the solar panels and hardware first, then the towing package last. All while somehow funding a bathroom reno in my house. I can't even list it with this 1960s bathroom. Kitchen and living room are done. One bedroom is an office. The master doesn't need anything. The 2 upstairs bedrooms that are right now my music rooms I am not touching. Let the buyer do what they want.

When it happens there will be a blog, a youtube channel, and a photo album, so everybody can come with me!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/03/18 10:51 PM
Love this tune. Has a Randy Bachman (BTO) vibe to it. Excellent vocal and guitar
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/04/18 07:27 PM
Great little rockin' tune Eddie! And a great lyric expressing the dream a lot of us have ! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/04/18 07:52 PM
And as they say in my neighborhood, I'ma gon' do it too!!! Making calls to get my bathroom remodel going right now! Once that's done I can list the house. It won't sell with this 1965 bathroom.
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/05/18 01:50 AM
Nice modern day drifter song. Great groove and use of BIAB tracks. Fun Story.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/05/18 10:08 PM
"My RV"---that is a really good lyric hook. Using "V" gives you a lot of rhyming flexibility! And your lyric topic is a fun one that nearly everyone 'of a certain age' can relate to!

Consider posting your lyric...I like to read as I listen along. You have some really nice lyrical choices in there!

Especially like the harp background solo's. Thanks for sharing..hope you can still work musically while your 'wheeling around'!
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/05/18 11:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Hope you can still work musically while your 'wheeling around'!

That's the plan! The studio will go with me! AND run on solar power about half the time! I will get the lyrics up for you when I get back to that computer.

By request:

I was born and raised in Cleveland Ohio
The town that's widely known as the home of rock and roll
And as I look around, it's really clear
That there's really nothing much that’s keepin’ me here
So I made a short list of places I might go
Well I think I might head South to sunny Florida
Or maybe west to Nashville Tennessee
As I sat here thinking it occurred to me
That I can go anywhere I want to be
So I'm gonna be livin' on wheels in my RV

I really gotta say that life's been one good ride
Though I burned a lot of bridges once I got to the other side
Now that I'm retired, my time is mine
And I really like waking with the crack of nine
To do what I want, whatever I decide
So I think I might head out to Arizona
Or maybe to the desert in arid New Mexico
As long as I have money to pay for gas
It really doesn't matter where I plant my a$$
So I'm gonna be livin' on wheels in my RV

I packed my clothes and my music gear
And made a plan to get the hell outta here
No more winter, no more cold
I gotta do it now before I get too old

I think I might go down to Amarillo
The winds of west Texas sound mighty mighty good to me
So I'll say my goodbyes and be on my way
To take in all the beauty of the USA
And I'm gonna be livin' on wheels in my RV
Posted By: tommyad Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/06/18 09:27 AM
Eddie, I really like this country rocker! The subject hits close to home. I will be out there 6 months out the year in a few more years hopefully. Until then I will follow your travels with great interest. I am sure we will cross paths in the future, Tom
Posted By: guitar1 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/06/18 10:42 PM
Eddie, I love the song, and I strongly identify with the sentiment. My wife and I just got home from Arizona. Trust me, you will love it. I've considered doing an album of traveling songs based on the RV life. I think you might have a good start on that with this one.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/07/18 04:18 AM
Eddie

Really enjoyable country rocker - sounds great. Good luck with the plans.

Peter
Posted By: ROG Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/07/18 06:05 AM
All this talk of living on the road makes me want to cross the Atlantic,
buy an Airstream and hit the trail.

Maybe meet up with my old pal Eddie and do some gigs in the desert.

At least get away from all this English rain!

ROG.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/07/18 09:48 AM
A future life story in a song. Cool.

Great choice of driving beat. I can see the wheels turnin'
Posted By: Sundance Re: Livin' On Wheels - 04/09/18 12:24 AM
"When it happens there will be a blog, a youtube channel, and a photo album, so everybody can come with me!"

And you've got your theme song!

Enjoyed it. Great job guys.
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 06/10/18 10:36 AM
Just bumping my song back to the top of the page, since that's what we do here.....

See how annoying this can be? About as annoying as I can be!!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 06/10/18 11:52 AM
Eddie,

If you hadn't have bumped this, I might have missed it. I'm sincerely glad you did.

I don't know when my feet have had so much exercise. They tapped their way through the whole 3:30 of the song. This classic rock 'n' roll groove is one of my favourites. You and ROG did it justice!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Livin' On Wheels - 06/10/18 06:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Eddie,

If you hadn't have bumped this, I might have missed it. I'm sincerely glad you did.

I don't know when my feet have had so much exercise. They tapped their way through the whole 3:30 of the song. This classic rock 'n' roll groove is one of my favourites. You and ROG did it justice!

All the best,
Noel

Same here!

BTO has been mentioned and I agree. If I had heard this at a record store I would have bought it right then and there.

This is your best to date.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Livin' On Wheels - 06/10/18 07:14 PM
Cool song with some hot music! Love that driving 4/4 walking bass! My wife and I were gonna do the REV thing and then her health plummeted and that's now out of the question. Oh well, she's a lot more important than all that.

Nicely done - enjoyed the heck out of it! Best to you,

Alan
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Livin' On Wheels - 06/11/18 11:04 AM
Sad to know about your wife. I hope MY health holds out so I get a few years in at least before I have to settle back down. And that is the eventuality of it. Nobody RVs forever. Can you imagine the smell if I die in my RV and my body decomposes in that tiny space???

And..... BUMP!
© PG Music Forums