PG Music Home
Posted By: derekmcc New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 06:25 PM
Here's a track made entirely with band in a box 2018 all tracks except vocals generated in BIAB, Tracks used are

Bass : 2915:Electric CountryPopByron 12 Key EV85
Piano : 2825 Acoustic Rhythm CountryPop Mike 12 Key EV85
Drums : Real Drums PoPCountry 16ths
Guitar 1 :1945 Guitar Acoustic Rhythm GroovinFolk EV85
Pedal Steel : 2883 Pedal Steel Background CountryEddy 12Key EV85
Guitar 2 : 1002 : Guitar 12 String Acoustic Rhythm Classic Rock A/B Ev16ths 65
Guitar 3 :2829 : Guitar Electric Soloist CountryPop Brent12 Key EV85
All tracks mixed using Samplitude Vocals added using Antares Auto Tune and antares Harmony Engine Evo, and Izotope RX 6 noise reduction software. Lyrics and performance By Derek McCorkell .
Derek McCorkell Lying Next To You -Country Rock version

Just one of Derek McCorkell Soundclick page 28 tracks made using BIAB
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 06:35 PM
Hi derekmcc, Very cool progression and classic country vibe! Great effects on the vocals too. Theres' a nice subtle panning to them! Well done!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 07:02 PM
Derek,

Nice chord progression (as Joe noted) and a really nice melody. The BIAB tracks work nicely.

A very pleasant vocal.

floyd
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 07:03 PM

Great song. Love how it builds. Great productions as well. Rob
Posted By: dcuny Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 07:08 PM
Nicely done! I like the lyrics, they drew me into the song, along with a nice build in the instruments. There's a sureness to this - you clearly know what you're doing. smile

The auto-tuning on the lyrics isn't subtle, but works well. I haven't heard any contemporary country in a while, but it seems to match the genre.

My only nit is with the harmony - for whatever reason, the lower voices come across like robots.

But that's minor - there's a whole lot of sonic goodness going on in this song.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 09:52 PM
I liked the immediacy of your outstanding vocal track--it has a kind of up-close crispness that I can't seem to get in my work.
There is something in the duplicated backing voices that could be alot smoother--I guess I agree with David C on that.
Really like how the chorus is constructed--sounds perfect, the right words, sung just right--a very good transition from the verses.
Only change I would suggest is maybe shortening the break between the verses by a couple of bars.
An excellent contempo country tune!
Posted By: derekmcc Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 11:26 PM
Thanks for the comments David well to be honest still trying to work out Auto Tune and Harmony Engine just got them about a week ago so it's still a work in progress.Wouldn't use them all the time but it's handy to have in your arsenal LOL.

Again thanks for the constructive comments appreciate them
Derek
Posted By: derekmcc Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 11:28 PM
I agree the song is a tad long, could be easily shortened though.
Posted By: derekmcc Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/05/18 11:31 PM
Thanks Joe appreciate the comments, BTW all the tracks on that site by me are done entirely (apart from vocals) in Band In a Box 2018 .

Derek
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: New track " Lying Next To You " - 04/07/18 08:04 PM
Derek, this is a very nice tune with wonderful melody and chord changes! I look forward to hearing more of your songs! It would be interesting to hear the vocal on this one with a little more processing of some kind but is also fine like it is! Thanks for sharing with us! Torrey
© PG Music Forums