PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 Shamanic Prayer - 08/13/18 07:36 PM
The background is done with the _CLTREEL.STY (Celtic Reel) style from Band-in-a-Box ... the rest is done with Sibelius / Note Performer. Hope you enjoy!

Shamanic Prayer (on Soundcloud)

Or, if the Soundcloud link does not work:

Shamanic Prayer (on YouTube)
Posted By: Scott C Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/13/18 11:04 PM
Very nice backtrack James. Loved the chord modulations and the style you picked. Welcome to the forum
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/14/18 05:23 AM
James,

This is such a great groove and you've taken it in directions that I would never have imagined. Your creativity is a credit to you!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/14/18 09:19 AM
Very nice creation! I like how you kept repeating the chord progression with the guitar/rhythm background, then varied the 'lead' with the chorus/(was that high tone a very high voice or some type of wind instrument?--whatever, it worked nicely)/orchestra hit. Overall, it was very pleasant to listen to, and I think that's the measure of music well done! Thanks for posting!
Posted By: musician17 Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/14/18 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone ... as usual, you're way, way too kind :-) Yes, the high instrument was a piccolo :-) So happy you liked it - again, thanks!!!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/14/18 07:50 PM
I enjoyed the uplifting feel of this- that insistent bodhran beat works well too.
Are the background voices from BiaB?

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/15/18 12:45 AM
I think this is the first track of yours we've listened to. The b/g voices are an obvious, great choice. But the chord arrangement/pattern is wonderful. This was a most enjoyable listen. Well done!

Alan
Posted By: musician17 Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/15/18 05:32 AM
@Robertkc - no, the voices are from this notation program I use called Sibelius, which plays back with sounds from NotePerformer.

Thanks all once more!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/15/18 08:57 PM
Really well created and pleasant music!! I've played with that Celtic Reel a bit (very cool) but not put a song together yet. This is a wonderfully textural and melodic piece!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Shamanic Prayer - 08/16/18 02:18 AM
James,

Well, this have a very powerful cinematic feel to it. Just love that rhythm guitar in the backing. Was looking for something about a third of the way through to come in a bit lower, or maybe a bit fuller, than what came in at 1:56--think there's an opportunity to establish a bit more depth. But, hey, I'm really new to this--so take my thoughts with a big, big boulder of salt.

Oh, and really like the percussion (?) that starts and repeats from 2:38.

Well done, James!

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/30/18 06:15 PM
Well done musician17! Really dig the timbres of this. The choir really does help piece it together. Fantastic chord progression too. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: edshaw Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/30/18 09:47 PM
That was a very nice groove, with some neat surprises. That Irish drum, kind of like tambourine without the cymbals, has a very loyal following in the music kingdom. Your application is spectacular.
Posted By: furry Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 01:14 AM
Love it, this is one of the reasons we've been asking for more choral real tracks. Bodran really works well
Posted By: bluage Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 03:00 AM
Hello, there, "musician17"...

Quite a musical journey you took me through in your composition, "Shamanic Prayer"! Those serene choral phrases drift like clouds over that invigorating, blood-stirring bodhran rhythm.

Now, a few questions, if I may. What was that high-pitched wind instrument? A piccolo? A fife? And the musical statements that followed. They sounded like bass fiddles accompanied by tympani hits. Is that correct?

This piece sounds like a part, or maybe a movement, of a larger orchestral work. Dancers could fashion some imaginative choreography out of it, too. At any rate, it's a very refreshing listening experience! I'm interested in hearing more of your work.

Truly,

LOREN (a.k.a. "bluage")
Posted By: musician17 Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 05:54 AM
Wow, thanks everyone - you are all way, way too kind!

Loren: you have an amazing ear. Yes, that's a piccolo - and yes, those are plucked celli and double basses accompanied by timpani - spot on!!!

If you want to hear some more of my stuff, you can find it here, on Bandcamp . Most of it is, of course, done with BIAB. I'm currently working on The Rose as well as trying to arrange some Christmas carols ("No Room at the Inn"). The "Ave Maria" , the first track of The Rose album/EP I'm particularly happy with, haha ... see what you think, perhaps?

Just a small caveat: I'm not really a composer, I write just for fun. Way back, I used to be a classical violinist - but life takes many turns. Nowadays, I try to hone my writing skills in my spare time, with the invaluable help of BIAB. So - thanks for all your kind words for this "work in progress" musician! :-)
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 09:18 AM

This sounds great! Really uplifting and nice use of the tracka.

I like the simple melody and drum flourishes.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 11:23 AM
Wow - I thoroughly enjoyed this smile I find it vaguely similar to music in old western movies. This tune is definitely a trip though. Very atmospheric, and the mood is fantastic. Love the subtle groove too.

You should be proud of this one - thanks so much for sharing!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 01:38 PM
There's so much I like about this song. It has so much character! Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Shamanic Prayer - 10/31/18 03:28 PM
This was an engaging listen. It drives, yet is muted. Enjoyed the various voices and changes.
© PG Music Forums