PG Music Home
Posted By: SpaceDog We are America - 08/24/18 11:22 PM
Greetings Forum Friends

It's been a busy summer and I finally got back into the studio to record our latest song, "We are America." For those of you who love patriot songs, this should be the song for you. If you're not into patriotic songs, I challenge you to listen. The song isn't about how great the USA is but rather how great America is when we stand united as one nation despite our differences. The feeling is real and can be applied to many great nations around the world.

Here's the song link:
http://sclk.co/s8771e

Here's our website: www.sondclick.com/dcspacedog

Here are the RTs and BIAB technical info:

Style is _SHINING.STY (Praise & Worship Pop Shining)

RealTracks in style: 1255:Bass, Electric, PopShiningA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1264:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1256:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningGritty Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120
RealDrums in style: PraiseWorshipShine^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Added RTs

524 Guitar electric Rhythm
1265 Synth Pad
686 Organ B3

I'm playing piano as well.

PGM, I'll post the SoundCloud link in a few days for PGM radio.

Enjoy

Thanks

DC SpaceDog

Posted By: Skyline Re: We are America - 08/25/18 11:36 AM
Suitably anthemic DC! Well sung and builds to a real stand-up climax.

John
Posted By: rsdean Re: We are America - 08/25/18 01:46 PM
SpaceDog,

A great song - love the sentiment. I like your vocal on this one and your mix is perfect.

Bob
Posted By: GocartMoz Re: We are America - 08/25/18 03:19 PM
Congrats! Another anthem for the USA, ala Kee Greenwood. Nice write.

Dave
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: We are America - 08/25/18 05:51 PM
Nice work SD!! It is nice to hear something patriotic in these divided times. This does have an inspiring, anthemic feel. Nice job on the arrangement/vocal. Great job on this!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: We are America - 08/25/18 08:52 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us SpaceDog! I found this very easy to listen to and enjoyed the overall progression. Well done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: We are America - 08/25/18 11:25 PM
Excellent tune SD. Super vocal.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We are America - 08/26/18 10:52 PM
John, Scott, Thanks for listening and commenting I was a bit anxious how people outside the USA would like it.

Bob, Thanks I've been working on my mixing.

Dave, Glad you like it. I actually met Lee Greenwood once after he sung "Proud to be an American" while I was at US Central Command early in the war. Quite inspirational.

Greg, Thanks. It's all very true for me I am a patriot but very saddened by our current state of affairs.

Joe, Thanks for listening, glad you liked it.

SpaceDog
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: We are America - 08/27/18 11:45 AM
I really enjoyed this smile Very catchy, and a very powerful vocals too. Some smooth progressions, and a nice mix on it too. Sounds really crisp and professional.

Great work, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: We are America - 08/28/18 02:09 PM
Nice sentiment. And it certainly makes us think of the sad passing of John McCain.

J&B
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: We are America - 08/28/18 02:56 PM
Definitely a true American song. I really like some of the artistic choices you made with this song. And the vocals are great. Awesome job.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We are America - 08/28/18 05:56 PM
Deryk, J&B, Ember,

Thx for listening and your kind comments.

I had a glitch with my RealBand and had to reload the PGM software suite. Lost all my presets and plugins so any rework on this one will have to start from scratch.

Posted By: Tangmo Re: We are America - 08/28/18 07:29 PM
From your lips to the people's ears...all of us. I'm expat, but I'll still fight anybody who says I don't love my country just because I don't follow their party. This is well put-together and well-sung.
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We are America - 08/31/18 04:48 PM
Tangmo,

Thanks for listening. I like your album cover.

PGM,

Here's the Soundcloud link for PGMusic radio.

https://soundcloud.com/dcspacedog/we-are-america

Thanks

SD
Posted By: David Snyder Re: We are America - 08/31/18 06:15 PM

This is a very cool song SpaceDog!

Nice to hear from you again!
Posted By: MarioD Re: We are America - 08/31/18 09:05 PM
"The song isn't about how great the USA is but rather how great America is when we stand united as one nation despite our differences. The feeling is real and can be applied to many great nations around the world."

AMEN brother amen.

Everything that I wanted to say already has been said so all I can add is that this a fantastic patriotic song.
Posted By: Steve Young Re: We are America - 08/31/18 10:36 PM
Excellent! Love the song. Love the message! Very well done, and love the buildup. Our nation needs more songs like this!

Thanks for writing this, and thanks for sharing.

Steve
Posted By: RnAM Re: We are America - 09/01/18 05:17 PM
A truly patriotic song Spacedog.
The chorus is great, we love the harmony part.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: We are America - 09/02/18 08:18 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
"The song isn't about how great the USA is but rather how great America is when we stand united as one nation despite our differences. The feeling is real and can be applied to many great nations around the world."

AMEN brother amen.

Everything that I wanted to say already has been said so all I can add is that this a fantastic patriotic song.

Spacedog, I also agree with Mario! Take care, Torrey
Posted By: SpaceDog Re: We are America - 09/02/18 09:24 PM
Dave, Thanks. It's been a productive year for my songwriting. I hoping to get at least two more before the year is out.

Mario, Steve, I've heard it's difficult to write patriotic songs and Christmas songs but I've been enjoying them. I'm glad you liked this one. I've been working on my production skills so I'm glad you think the song sounds good

Rob and Anne-Marie, I'm so glad you liked it. The song has a strong message about freedom. From my visits to The Netherlands, I'm sure you can relate.

Torrey, Thanks for listening and commenting.

SD
© PG Music Forums