PG Music Home
Posted By: TK62 INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 02:04 PM
my first song using BIAB i only laid down the vocal

https://soundcloud.com/user-355264917/instinctive-creature
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 02:16 PM
Well done TK62, I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. The different elements really glue well together and the vibe is very appealing. Fantastic work on the vocals. Nice work!
Posted By: Buja Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 02:37 PM
Cool stuff Tim!

I also liked "Looking back at the 80s"
Posted By: Al-David Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 02:46 PM
Hi Tim,

Welcome to the forum. We have some fabulous writers/composers,musicians,singers here. And, they're even better people. Hope you enjoy your time here and receive as much inspiration from BIAB as we all do.

This is a great introduction. You seem to have a good understanding of the program. And it gets even better the more you use it. A really good song! The vocal effects work well. The mix is good to my ears. I think you captured the sound you were looking for, from the intro you wrote.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 05:43 PM
Tim,

A good first post. Cool Rock sound from the BIAB tracks.

The vocal effect works well for the style, but some lyrics are difficult to catch, so including them with your post would be nice.

Welcome to the Showcase...

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 06:19 PM
Welcome Tim,

This is a fantastic first entry. You had me from the git-go. You have a good voice. Super mix also.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 07:55 PM
Welcome to the forum!! This is really a great sounding song! Reminds me of some of my favorite 80's stuff! Mix is great, but as Floyd said, it is hard to catch all the lyrics. Great stuff!! Post again soon!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/16/18 11:53 PM
Welcome Tim. Excellent start with the new song. Look forward to hearing some more tunes.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/17/18 03:51 AM
Welcome to Users Showcase, Tim!

You have a terrific sound and vibe happening here. It's a fine first entry to the forum.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: rayc Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/17/18 07:40 AM
Hello Tim,
That delay or reverb is causing some syllables to overlap. I reckon shortening the time/delay will keep the effect but allow clarity. There's also some increased aggressive high end on the vocal from the effect.
References to Nick Cave will always grab my attention. I've seen him live in the Boys Next Door, the Birthday Party, his 1st solo tour before the Bad Seeds and with the Bad Seeds.
Good song!
Posted By: RnAM Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/17/18 06:59 PM
Tim,

This sure is a quality first entry here on the forum.
We really love the chord progression you are using!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Robertkc Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 11/17/18 11:26 PM
Tim,
I enjoyed the combination of laid back guitar in the backing track with dark lyrics and moody sounding vocal.
Welcome - a good first Biab project!

Robert
Posted By: TK62 Re: INSTINCTIVE CREATURE - 12/10/18 02:32 PM
wishing both all the best to i like your stuff will you be upgrading to BIAB 2019 have a great christmas
© PG Music Forums