PG Music Home
Posted By: RichRayer Bossa Relax - 03/19/19 11:11 PM
This is just a little Bossa type piece that I put together.

The Realtracks are:

RealTracks in style: ~~464:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
RealTracks in style: ~~472:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140 ('B' only)
RealTracks in style: 924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaGrooveComp Ev 110
RealDrums [in Song:BossaTerryClarke^5-a,b:Blastix

Plus the soloist is P.J. Perry's Realtracks for Bossa Nova

https://soundcloud.com/richrayer/bossa-relax
Posted By: Jim Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 02:49 PM
Nicely done composition...
I enjoyed listening.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 02:55 PM
Hi Rich ...

the first thing that struck me was the tempo. You don't hear many bossas in a medium slow range - but I tend to like them a lot. And I like thyis one a lot. It's mellow, sweet and just a simple pleasure to listen to. Very, very nicely done! Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 09:59 PM
Very nice. I agree with Al. Very smooth and a listening pleasure!
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 11:01 PM
Thank you Jim. It was a fun little project and it has been helpful for me in respect to understanding my mixes and how to make them better.
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 11:03 PM
Some of my favorite Bossa from the past have been in this moderately slow format. I feel a Bossa Nova can be relaxing I.e. Girl from Ipanema.
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/20/19 11:05 PM
Ezekiel's Storm, thank you so much for taking time to listen and comment. The joy in music is both in the making and listening and I am glad you listened!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bossa Relax - 03/21/19 10:54 AM
This song title certainly lives up the title - very laid back and relaxing smile Love the groove as well. It flows really naturally, and the progressions are great. Love the tenor sax here.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/22/19 03:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
This song title certainly lives up the title - very laid back and relaxing smile Love the groove as well. It flows really naturally, and the progressions are great. Love the tenor sax here.

Thanks for sharing!

I appreciate the comments Deryk. The groove to this obviously is inspired by the excellent RealTracks provided by PGMusic. Thank You!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bossa Relax - 03/22/19 06:10 PM
Very sweet and pleasant!! I really like Bossa, and your a the boss a bossa! Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Mr.BobaLew Re: Bossa Relax - 03/23/19 12:37 AM
RichRayer-

2 cool, man! Do another one, quick!

Just asking out of curiosity ... did you try other solo instruments? Or other comping instruments? Always wondering what got left out!

Good work, enjoyed it!
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/23/19 09:20 AM
Thank you Greg. I appreciate the comments!
Posted By: RichRayer Re: Bossa Relax - 03/23/19 09:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Mr.BobaLew
RichRayer-

did you try other solo instruments? Or other comping instruments? Always wondering what got left out!

I tried a few styles and some different realtracks but liked this one in the end. I usually develop a chord progression first (always trying to find some interesting chord combinations). Then, I look for a style that the progression seems to work the best in. Sometimes I then use different RealTracks to replace the originals and or add extra tracks to the original style.

I am also not afraid to try and break the forms such as AABA or ABAB so that there is some interest in the form of the piece.

Thank you for listening.
© PG Music Forums