PG Music Home
Posted By: Riverbear I'll try another... Carolina - 04/17/19 03:27 PM

https://soundcloud.com/gordon-mccaffrey/carolina-2019

Drums.. Logic Pro
Bass- Brown Ibanez
Rhythm G-Taylor
Lead G- Taylor

In a couple versions, I have a banjo and mandolin, but not this one...
I am Riverbear
Posted By: floyd jane Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/17/19 05:37 PM
Another nice listen, Gordon.

A little bit John Denver-ish, a little bit Poco-ish...

Nice.

fj
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/17/19 06:28 PM
Hey RiverBear, great work on this! Really dug the reverb on the vocals and the guitars sound very lively and fresh. Well done!
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 08:36 AM
I thank you very much!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 01:15 PM
Nice work on this smile Love how gentle it is - almost like a souped up campfire tune. Someone else mentioned John Denver and I can agree with that comparison - definitely not a bad thing! Your vocals and the chord progressions match beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Jim Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 01:18 PM
Fine song...
I like the vocals...
Nicely done!
Posted By: Scott C Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 10:16 PM
Had a listen to this song this afternoon. Very cool song. Super vocal and loved the lyric. Well done
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 10:29 PM
Gordon,
Nice folk style song.
I was hesitant to write my opinion on your first post (This is Hidin) about distant vocals...somebody was braver than I and pointed it out. Seems you took it well smile This song has a very good balance between instrumentals and vocals.
I enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/18/19 11:54 PM
Pretty nice, I think with the encouragement here, you're going to get better and better.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/19/19 02:19 AM
Hi Gordon,

I'm sitting here at 3:18 pm on Good Friday listening to you sing and it sounds great!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: rayc Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/19/19 05:40 AM
Your voice really works with this.
The timing seemed a little wobbly early on & the lead noodling wanders a bit but this is very nice.
What BIAB components did you use?
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/19/19 02:25 PM
Rayc.. I used none. I did this song before I had bIAB. So, as the story goes.... I was 5 when my grandmother taught me some piano and then clarinet in junior high from them. I got a guitar in parts at 14 and Harvey Thomas, the guitar builder told me what to do to get it together. I had to wrap pickups and put the neck on and solder and all that. I got a banjo and a mandolin and like 15 and all. So, all the tracks I have been doing all my life, I just played. Bass, mandolin, dobro, banjo, bozuki, fiddle, piano, baritone, ..my house is like a music store. I dabble with all sorts of things. I was a lead guitarist, mandolinist, slide guy and keyboard player in a local band for about two years recently. It taught me a bunch. I hope that was not against the rules to put something up that I played everything on.
Timing... I have a good right ear, but cannot hear things like drums very well. I was a machinist for 40 years and now retired. yup, now you see why BIAB. I have always programmed drums, I only play spoons and native eight sided drum myself. I needed the background tracks to really move forward. Right here, what you said tells me I made the right decision. I thank you for a question that made me dig deeply into my own head to answer.
All the rest, thank you very much as well.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/19/19 06:33 PM
A wonderful song, thanks for sharing with us.
Posted By: musician17 Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/19/19 06:46 PM
Beautiful, laidback song. Loved it - thanks!
Posted By: Riverbear Re: I'll try another... Carolina - 04/20/19 09:26 AM
I thank you all!
© PG Music Forums