PG Music Home
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Is Gospel not popular? - 10/27/19 06:59 PM
I don't understand it. I post songs, and get little or no response. Is it that Gospel music is not as popular as Country or Rock music? I posted a song yesterday, and get a total of 7 views, and no comments? Seems I'm in the wrong spot to share my music...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/27/19 07:11 PM
Several active forum members have posted gospel productions for years. Irrespective of genre I think that the more active a member is in replying to fellow members' posts then the more responses that member will get.
It's the "community" thing. Not that a quid pro quo approach is required but offering suggestions, support, constructive criticism, praise, etc, to others helps grow the community.

Just sayin'.

FWIW, etc.,

Bud
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/27/19 07:48 PM
My bad, I will do my best to listen to other people's music!!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/28/19 11:16 AM
Don't feel bad. As Janice & Bud pointed out, reviewing other folks material really helps to get you known.

In addition to that, I have found that I average about 1 written comment for every 10 folks that "view" my songs.

I did listen and posted some things that might be helpful to you.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/29/19 08:09 AM
Hey Ronnie. I loved gospel tunes. I agree with Janice, Bud and Herb. Hang in there and keep posting your songs. This is an awesome forum and lots of good people here. The music people post is very personal to them. We all wonder how well our music will be received. Having a listen and sending a quick note can make someone's day. It also opens you up to all kinds of genres. I never thought I would like Jazz. I find now I love jazz and have been experimenting with some of those wild chords and rhythm.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/29/19 08:12 AM
One more tip would be to only post one tune at a time an let it run its course. Uploading two and three songs at a time can push other peoples music off the first couple of pages really fast. This can be irritating and could get a drop in responses.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/29/19 11:43 PM
What Bud said. If someone responds to my songs, I make a point of responding to theirs. There are exceptions, but I make a good effort to find their latest song and offer input.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Is Gospel not popular? - 10/30/19 01:37 AM
Hi Ronnie ...

I think the previous posters have covered mos of the appropriate points. I used to be here two or three times daily and would post comments on just about everything on the first page before the day was over. My wife's health now keeps me away except fort a quick plunge here and there. But, most of us try our best to get to everyone.

It's not the genre. Di and I have posted 3 or 4 spiritual/Christian songs over the years and they've been very well received. Keep posting and commenting ... I think you'll see your songs, too, will be well received. Good luck and wishing you the very best ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums