PG Music Home
Posted By: RayL Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/04/20 11:55 AM
Here's a new song written using BIAB and the BIAB VST plugin.
This one is a contemporary pop jazz track created in Studio One using an assortment of plugins from Waves and others.

It features multiple guitars, a baritone guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and some loops.

The melody guitar is a Gibson archtop; the background guitars are a Strat. Some of the melody guitar part was recorded with a mic on a Fender amp and other parts were recorded direct into Studio One and then send into the new Ampire XT blackface amp plugin.

There are some synth parts that were pulled from the guitar parts by using Melodyne to extract the pitches and assign them as MIDI to a VST synth in Studio One.

https://soundcloud.com/ray_legnini/shuffle-it-up

Style is _MUMBLIN.STY
RealTracks in style: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2903:Bass, Acoustic, BluesyPopByron Ev 100
RealDrums in Style: BluesRockFunky16ths^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Busy Snare, HiHat

Loop from BIAB -
Funk - Funk16ths Hat and Snare 4-bar ev16
Posted By: Scott C Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/04/20 07:24 PM
Guitar has a very cool tune. Sounds great with backtrack
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 06:04 AM
Hi Ray,

Wow! This hits the ears really nicely!

I'm sitting here with my headphones on right now and smiling and gently sway in my chair.... your music did that! You have a wonderful sense of melody and it interacts so very comfortably and competently with the funky backing.

I love the feeling of smooth-jazz relaxation that listening to this brought my way.

Impressive!

All the best for 2020,
Noel
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 08:10 AM
Hi Ray,

what you're doing is simply impressive. Great harmonic progression, fantastic playing and the tones of all your guitars are excellent. Waht a pleasure to listen to!

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 10:55 AM
Ray,
Very tasty and rich soundscape. I like what you did with guitars. Listens very well!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 11:30 AM
Hi Ray,

Oh this is so cool. This is the kinda stuff I learned to play guitar to. People like George Benson and Ken Navarro. Sits nicely on my ear. I would like to have the backing build a little more - some counterpoint to the guitar - but that's just personal preference. The tone and feel are perfect. Love it.
Keep 'em coming.

Martin
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 11:56 AM
Guitar was very tasty! I also enjoyed your song that played after this one "After you've gone." More great guitar work, this time Western Swing.
Posted By: Jim Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/06/20 02:38 PM
A nicely composed jazz piece...
Very pleasant to my ears...
Thanks!
Posted By: Buttrey Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/07/20 02:24 AM
Beautifully done. Thank you.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/07/20 11:29 AM
Really well done - love the groove, and thought the backing tracks each complimented eachother perfectly. Really well balanced and the mix job is on point. Love the guitar work on this too.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: rayc Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/07/20 09:04 PM
I commented & it disappeared...
Oh well,
COOL.
Impressive tone & playing but I'm even more impressed by your technical nous with guitar ->Melodyne->midi->synth stuff - very clever and cool.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/07/20 09:10 PM
Great track!! Cool groove to the music, and some delicious guitar playing.....YUM!!! Love it!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: RayL Re: Pop Jazz - Shuffle It Up - 01/08/20 12:22 PM
Thanks for all your kind words. I like trying to push the limits of using the guitar, BIAB, and the DAW as one big creative tool.
© PG Music Forums