PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Soul Searching - 03/06/20 09:44 PM
Soul Searching

You are lying on a grassy knoll staring at the star-studded sky. Your subconscious mind wonders in and out of your conscious mind slowly searching for your soul.

BiaB style = Dreamy New Age, Tempo 65 BPM

Deleted the drums
Double bass and strings = Kontakt - preset Solid State Strings
Piano - Structure and Keystone Classic (two separate VSTis)
Guitar - Synthmaster 2 - preset - key Piano String GC

I am playing the flute via my wind controller and the guitar.

Effects - all but the double bass = Raum reverb
Flute = Wave's Vocal Rider and Blue Cats Chorus
Master = Presonus Dynamic Compression

Feel free to comment anyway you wish.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Soul Searching - 03/06/20 11:08 PM
Nice and relaxing, good for meditation. I liked it especially when the guitar came in.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 01:00 AM
Loved it Mario. beautiful music.

Mike B.
Posted By: rayc Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 02:17 AM
Not as reverb drenched as I expected. You've stayed your hand well.
Lovely stuff.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 08:54 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Nice and relaxing, good for meditation. I liked it especially when the guitar came in.

Yes, same for me with the guitar.

Good stuff, Mario! A well thought out piece.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 10:00 AM
Mario,

You make some of the best music on this forum... You have an exquisite touch on the guitar and wind controller.

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 10:09 AM
Serene and meditative. Sun's not high here yet this morning, my coffee's hot and now I've this thoughtful mood... Enjoyed this a lot.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 11:13 AM
Thanks, Mario. I'm still soaring, but the search is over. Scientists say you can't see a soul, but there it was in the changing clouds. You are a master, my friend. I LOVE THAT GUITAR, and the flute lifts one's search even higher.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 12:15 PM
Mario,

MAN! You are good at this kind of stuff.

Excellent piece.

I really think you could make some good money by putting out whole albums like this. There is a big market these days for meditation music - and this is superb meditation music. Get it on Amazon music and Apple Music (through CDBaby, maybe). If you caught on with the yoga crowd...you never know...

fj
Posted By: edshaw Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 12:32 PM
Good ideas, Floyd. The tested way of promoting music, though, doesn't involve starting at the top, but at the entry level.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 07:29 PM
Wow :-) The only thing I regretted here is that it ended so soon. I was in dreamland long before the end. Thanks - relaxing and beautiful stuff!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 07:59 PM
Mario

Lovely. A pro sound and some very tasteful playing.

One of your best.

Peter
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 10:44 PM
Mario,
Cool, serene piece. You certainly have a talent for writing meditation music. I like your mix too, everything has it's own space. Sweet guitar tone. Nice work on Wind controller. Nothing sticking out, flows very smoothly. Liked it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Soul Searching - 03/07/20 11:57 PM
Hello Mario ...

Such a wonderful listen ... you are the master of these ambient/meditation compositions. Love when your guitar came in at 2:29 ... what a nice touch! The mix and balance on every track is perfect. What a fantastic listen!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: jamestoffee Re: Soul Searching - 03/08/20 10:00 AM
Awesome! I like the tension and release you have in the chord progressions and the way the gtr follows around the flute and interacts melodically.

Thanks for sharing, Mario.

-James
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Soul Searching - 03/08/20 07:15 PM
Mario,
Everything flows and floats beautifully...and then the guitar coming in keeps things earthed.
Lovely music!

Robert
Posted By: MarioD Re: Soul Searching - 03/11/20 12:11 PM
I want to thank each and everyone of you who listened and posted those very nice comments. I greatly appreciate those very kind words of encouragement.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Soul Searching - 03/11/20 05:53 PM
Really nice piece Mario. Very relaxing. Well done
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Soul Searching - 03/12/20 10:39 AM
Really nicely done on this one - it's wonderfully lush and truly beautiful. It flows effortlessly and all the elements to the song play with one another perfectly. The guitar work here is top notch as well.

Wouldn't change a thing on this one - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Soul Searching - 03/12/20 07:20 PM
You have immersed me in serenity. What a pleasure to listen to! Production sounds masterful to me. I wouldn't change a thing.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Soul Searching - 03/15/20 05:41 PM
Chill-out indeed.

And how apropos for the times...

You own this genre.

ALWAYS amazed by the wind controller.

Nice!!!!

J&B
Posted By: jannesan Re: Soul Searching - 03/16/20 01:42 PM
I'm definitely not lying on grass, but high in the clouds floating free of earthly worries, seeing and feeling a divine ray of light when the piano and guitar express the inner beauty of soul and mind. Very relaxing melody.

Janne
© PG Music Forums