PG Music Home
AFTER THE APOCALYPSE
BY DAVID SNYDER

Well,

I think I am back now. Sorry I was away so long. I went into my room to practice my guitar and I forgot to come out.

Hope everybody is great and hanging in there. My studio is booted back up.

Sorry but I still can’t do anything but rock and roll. Hope that is ok.

If you were following me on my old Soundcloud, you have to follow me here because I ran out of space and had to start a new channel.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs3/after-the-apocalypse

AFTER THE APOCALYPSE
BY DAVID SNYDER

V1

THERE’LL BE A DAY AND A DON’T KNOW WHEN
WE’LL REACH THE PLACE WHERE IT’S TIME TO BEGIN
THERE’LL BE NO SORROW AND THE LIGHT WILL COME IN

CH1
AND WE WILL HAVE A NEW SONG, IMAGINE THIS
AFTER THE APOCALYPSE

V2

CAUSE I BELIEVE FAITH I BELIEVE IN LOVE
AND I BELIEVE WE FEEL THE POWER ABOVE
I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT OUR LOVE IS ENOUGH

CH2

AND WE COULD FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
IMAGINE THIS
AFTER THE APOCALYPSE

BRIDGE 1

AND I THINK I SEE TOMORROW
OVER THE HILL
AND I KNOW THAT WE’LL GET THROUGH, I KNOW WE WILL

V3

CAUSE THERE’S GOODNESS AND THERE’S KINDNESS
I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES
WE’RE STRONGER THAN THE ENEMY
AND THAT IS NO SURPRISE
CAUSE I BELIEVE IN OUR HEARTS
WE’RE HOLDING ON TO LIFE

CHORUS 3

AND WE STILL
WE STILL BELONG
WE STILL
WE STILL BELONG
AFTER THE APOCALYPSE

V4

CAUSE THERE’S GOODNESS AND THERE’S KINDNESS
I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR EYES
WE’RE STRONGER THAN THE ENEMY
AND THAT IS NO SURPRISE, THAT IS NO SURPRISE

REPEAT CHORUS 3

WORDS AND MUSIC BY DAVID SNYDER, 2020, ASCAP/Day of Faith Records
APRIL 2020
DAVID SNYDER, ACOUSTIC AND ELECTRIC GUITARS, KEYBOARD, VOCALS
MIXING, MASTERING, ENGINEERING, SELF-QUARANTINE, TAKE-OUT

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 1534:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPush8ths Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2509:Cello, Background PopEven Ev 120 (1TrackStringQuartet)
RealDrums [in style:AmericanaRoots16th^01-a:Toms, b:Snare
Good Message!
Nice song!
This is really excellent. In the tradition of some real rock classics, besides which it stands perfectly well on its own. I really love it - searingly from the heart, it feels. The lyrics are just perfect for these times, too. Bravo.
Loved the vocal performance on this one. The feel of the song is suitably epic for the title too. Really enjoyed listening to it.
Practice paid off. Another gem. What God will do.
Rev.7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
It took a lock down to get David Snyder to come out of his room.
Thanks Captain!
Great stirring song with an inspiring message.
Thanks for sharing.
Stay well,
Mike
Welcome back David!
A great swirling personal/universal anthemic rousing rock song.
You`ve still got it.

Robert
Great tune, and I liked the urgency in your excellent indy rock vocal.
Nice one David. Good to have you back. I’ve been more or less house bound for a month now so I know how it feels.
Hi David,

Great to see you back here with a new song! You have been missed.

Love the lyrics, and as always, the passion in your vocal really drives them home.

Good to know that after the Apocalypse David Snyder is still alive! Well, I'm pretty sure Keith Richards made it too eek

Thanks man. I really am enjoying your news tunes as well!

smile
Mr. Snyder...

SO fine!

A song that you just can't help but LIKE. As music should be.

A Strong write.

A terrific BAND.

A passionate vocal.

What more needs to be said?

Oh... good mix...

(I guess there's always something...)

smile

fj
Lol I am glad you came out of your room. So nice to hear your tunes again David. Super vocal and lyric. Well done
David,

Good to see you back on the board with something new. Timely theme, engaging music (killer band!), great vocal. A perfect storm in the apocalypse, making a great tune! Really strong offering—enjoyed it a ton!

All my best,

Deej
Hi, David !

Good to have you back
and with a masterpiece even !
this is my new fav among your
many superb tunes !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Musician17.

That means a lot. I appreciate that!
Posted By: ROG Re: AFTER THE APOCALYPSE_DAVID SNYDER IS ALIVE - 04/06/20 06:37 AM
Hi David,

Great sound, great song, great message.

Nicely done and welcome back.

ROG.

And most fitting for the times...

J&B
Nice rockin' song. Nice to see you back.
Great song - Glad to have you back!
-Callie
Along with the others it's good to have you back.

Enjoyed the song.

Peter
Hey David ...

You have no idea how much your absence has been noticed. That's a really tough void to fill. Well, actually, it just can't be filled. SOOOO glad you are back.

So, what's wrong with Rock N Roll? Not much ... especially when you're the driving force behind it.

Passionate, strong and actually says something ... not just a bunch of words.

Cool ... really cool!

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

PS: Di says "Hello, David!"
Hey Thanks Richard! I am so glad you liked it man!

Safe!

smile
Hi David,

To speak with the words of most of the posters; glad you are back! We didn't know what to do without your inspiring songs. We did our best of course, but still... You almost hear the prayers to get you back on the Forum. And there you are! I hope you have time now to continue your presence here long after that virus is vanished, maybe it will in a short time miraculously!

But about your song; I really liked it. It has much power in it. The lyrics are very good and so is your composition. I was just wondering why you sang it alone? I mean, no doubles or harmonies. If it was my song the chorusses were filled with harmonies. But maybe that's exactly why you don't do it ;-)

Stay safe too,
Hans
Thanks Ed. I am really glad you liked it!

smile
I'm glad that you are back my friend.

Great lyrics and vocal backed by a strong band.

FYI - if you start running out of room on soundcloud just delete some of your old songs. That gives you more room to add new songs.

Thanks Mike! Good to see you again!

Say well!

smile
Posted By: dcuny Re: AFTER THE APOCALYPSE_DAVID SNYDER IS ALIVE - 04/09/20 03:52 AM
Welcome back, stranger!

Rock and roll is OK, thank you very much. smile

It seems appropriate that you've written the lyrics in ALL CAPS because that's how you've sung it.

The nice thing about getting a review in late is I can just say "Yeah, what fj said!
Welcome back David - just back myself. Gotta have some power faith rock and you're just the guy to bring it. Glad I am here to hear it. Like this a lot.

Josie
It's good to have you back.

I ain't got no problem with rock and roll. Keep it coming.

Clever lyrical hook! "IMAGINE THIS/AFTER THE APOCALYPSE"
David, you are a beautiful combination of Dylan and Springsteen! I have voiced more than once in my posts that you have been missed here! It's wonderful to hear you again with this beautiful tune! The chorus is great! Vocal is as well! Don't go away like you did again....I'm hoping to get an amen or two from the congregation here! Keep sharing your brilliant musical mind here please! Thanks, Torrey
David,

I have missed hearing your music and voice. This song is just great...

Bob
Nice one bud ...enjoyed.

Good your out that room now.

Thanks

Thanks Robert!

smile

Thanks Tunemonger!
David Snyder (also known as your clever pen name "Dee Snider" of the band Twister Sister) it's great to see this posted!

You know, I see your name and immediately think "this will be good." You never let down.

A really good write delivered really well!

Thanks for sharing it; and I'll be waiting for the next.

Great to see you here again. smile
As with much of what David Snyder produces, there is a message here with respect to technique. I was fortunate to discover Aussie voice coach, Dr. Dan, on You Tube and worked with his lessons over the past 8-9 months. The voice, Dr. Dan teaches, may be taken as four components: 1) Air (The Engine,) 2) the Sound Maker (Larynx,) 3) The Enhancer (Throat and Chest,) and 4) Articulation (That which enunciates. I'm not really doing justice to Dr. Dan's science and terminology, here. For that, we'd have to go to his channel. The point is, singing requires a practiced coordination of these elements. That's what Dan teaches.
What I noticed and why I am posting this is David Snyder's remarkable ability to impart a high degree of expression to his voice while maintaining perfect elocution. This is a rare gift and quite appreciated.

Thank you Joanne. That is so sweet. Nice to see you again!

smile
© PG Music Forums