PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Outlines - 01/20/21 11:35 PM
Hi Folks.
 Here is one of my latest tunes that I started on the day my shiny 2021 BIAB arrived. I like writing short ~2 minute tunes like this one, mostly because I can get it done in just few sessions, without getting frustrated much smile In any case, if somebody wonders, it is a tune about how one perceives changes over time of  places once knew plus internal solitude and battle with all the hectic variations life throws in the soup. All critique is welcomed and encouraged. Thank you for listening!
Misha.

Outlines

Its six o'clock in the morning,
alarm as nuclear warning.
Stand up like a soldier, get dressed-
while the match is burning.
Day is a coloring book on a table
Tell a story, a sad gypsy fable

Dancing on knife's blade, blinded by daylight
Throwing your rocks at the clouds.
Faces and thoughts fade, still see the road's edge
Murky outlines of the towns,
liquid outlines of the towns.

Loneliness of the evening
stars hidden by cracked paint ceiling,
archaic fossils can't stop laughing...
At their siblings
Night is a coloring book on the table
Tell me a poem - rock my cradle.

Dancing on knife's blade, blinded by daylight
Throwing your rocks at the clouds.
Faces and thoughts fade, still see the road's edge
Melting outlines of the towns.

Tech stuff:
BIAB
~701:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesSync Ev 085
2155:Piano, ElectricClav, Rhythm FunkyGroovin70sJohn Ev16 100
1029:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 085
3771: Tin Whistle!
HipHop\Dirty South - lay_back_91_drum_loop_1_a ev16.wav
Drums\SouthernPopSw16^01-HtSnr,OpHtSn
SalsaAfro^1-a:Timbale , b:Congos, Bongos, Ride

Synths of Kontakt + Halion. Recorded in Cakewalk.
Vocals, arrangement, mix- me.
Posted By: rayc Re: Outlines - 01/20/21 11:46 PM
That's great Misha.
The clattering percussion really had a binaural sound to it with headphones on.
The tin whistle mutated into something part Andean and part Irish.
Short, solid and really impressive images conjured by your words & melody.
Loved it!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 01:59 AM
Hi Misha
Man, you're on a roll. Love the words, love your vocals, love the way you've put it all together.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 03:44 AM
Misha,

Poetic lyrics with a compelling sound to go with. The percussion in this one really make it for me. I wonder if the tin whistle is a bit too up front—maybe turn it down just a little bit—but see what others think. The subtle harmonies throughout give the tune great depth. Cool stuff!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 05:42 AM
Hi Misha,

so you're finishing songs like that in one session? Then you can't be human...

No doubt that you are an incredible lyricist, the lyrics of this song are, again, brilliant. As are the music and the production. Again such a creative job, Misha, amazing.

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: jannesan Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 12:50 PM
Very nice mix of many genres from Latin to highlands through East in a hectic drive of melancholy images like "Melting outlines of the towns". Nice chord progression and catchy chorus. I love that tin whistle, it's one of my favorite new RTs, nice to hear it in real use. I'm eager to use it in my own productions. Great use of percussions. Your vocals and harmonies are top quality.

Janne
Posted By: tommyad Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 01:31 PM
Misha, I really like the drum sound on this. Interesting lyrics delivered well. Very entertaining production, Tom
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Outlines - 01/21/21 08:46 PM
Misha,
Another magical dance through your musical innerscape; this one a little more restrained perhaps, but the percussion and quick asides keep things moving and mysterious.
No nits on the production for me... and the tin whistle ( about time for Biab!) is perfect.

Robert
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 08:20 AM
Hi Misha,

Love the Tin whistle! You got my attention right out of the gate with that, what a great sound. Percussion very cool too.

As always, great lyrics. My favorite of many:

"Dancing on knife's blade, blinded by daylight
Throwing your rocks at the clouds"

Good mix, sounds great through the 'phones.

Great stuff, enjoyed a few listens this morning.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 12:30 PM
"Its six o'clock in the morning,
alarm as nuclear warning."

Well that'll get you engaged from the get go.

Cool vocals/lyric/melody with a most creative arrangement and band.

Featuring the tin whistle was genius!

You are a master at the "connect your own dots" lyrics ... always leaving just enough for the listener to join in.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 04:49 PM
Misha,

Talent.

Listening to your Music is like coming across a work of art. That takes your breath away. That you cannot stop looking. A perfect canvas. Exploding color.

Your attention to detail is astounding.
Stunning production.
Excellent vocals.
Superb Mix.
On my 4th listen...

MUSIC.

A fan.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 05:37 PM
Misha

That was quite amazing and entrancing. Great sounds throughout, and beautifully produced.

Top notch production in all aspects.

Peter
Posted By: Al-David Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 05:52 PM
Misha ...

After WOW!, I'm not sure what to say!

I totally loved the rattling drums. And I think this is the very best of your vocals that I've had the pleasure to hear. The song is engaging from beginning to end.

Your music always paints pictures that create a movie in my mind as I'm listening. I love that! These are my favorite lines of your excellent lyric:

Day is a coloring book on a table
Tell a story, a sad gypsy fable

And It's always been delightful when a lyric says just enough to set the stage and then let the listener fill in the scenes finish the story as it might pertain to his/hers imagination. Loved the song! It's masterfully presented.

Best to you and yours,

Alan
Posted By: dani48 Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 06:41 PM
Hi, Misha !

One of your best, absolutely !
at least it sounded so good
to me, and the lyrics are
truly superb too !

Congrats, Misha !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Outlines - 01/22/21 09:54 PM
Ray,
Thank you for listening and your feedback! Yeah, I had similar thoughts on whistle either South American or South Asian wind blended with Irish.
----
Leon,
Thank you for listening and your warm feedback.
----
Deej56, thank you for giving this time, your comments and especially critique! I guess I got carried away with that new whistle. I think you are right.
---
Stefan, thank you for giving this time and your supportive feedback here and on SC! I said *a few sessions. I am not a cyborg...yet.
---
Janne,
Thank you for listening and your encouraging feedback! Interesting how whistle will sound in your composition. As soon as I have heard it, I put a project I was working on for "better times" and wrote this tune smile
---
Tom,
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Robert,
Thank you for giving this time and thought! The whistle is very special. I hope PG team will record more like that. I will request similar once dust settles a bit.
---
Dave,
Thank you for tuning in, your support and feedback here and on SC!
---
J&B,
Thank you for listening and your awesome comments!
"connect your own dots", now that is one nice tune theme!
----
FJ,
Far from talent, more like pain smile Thank you for listening and your kind words!
---
Peter,
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Alan,
That is one kind feedback! Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Dani,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Outlines - 01/23/21 01:00 PM
That is really good. Great lyrics as always. Nice use of the band. Good one.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Outlines - 01/23/21 08:43 PM
Very cool Misha!! Your lyrics and your vocal delivery always create such a cool mood!! Everything works for me........song, lyric, and production!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Outlines - 01/23/21 10:05 PM
I always eagerly await your next song---your next musical and lyrical concoction. This again was bloody brilliant. Quite mesmerizing. As always, lyrically masterful.

I think you have created your own genre of music.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Outlines - 01/23/21 10:50 PM
You are one of the most creative people on the forum Misha! I love the way you weave an original sounding melody into your work! I also love the whole production....the mix, performance, instrumentation etc.! Enjoyed all of it! Thanks, T
Posted By: Derochette Re: Outlines - 01/24/21 05:56 PM
Hi Rustyspoon,

Beautiful image of our daily life transcribed in well-written lyrics. The rhythm, the warm voices do us good in the ear. Very nice composition.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: Outlines - 01/25/21 02:29 PM
What a cool tune Misha. Just loved the intro. That Irish pipe was very cool. I agree with Floyd. This is definitely a work of hard. Loved the tone in your vocal
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Outlines - 01/25/21 02:53 PM
Talk about interesting! Wow! I never know where you are going to go with your songs but always enjoy where you take us. That's a unique ability that I really admire.

Great job all the way around!
Posted By: vicarn Re: Outlines - 01/25/21 05:36 PM
So many good lines and the music held my interest.
You're an artist.

Vic
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Outlines - 01/29/21 08:44 AM
Hello Misha,

You want to be remembered as wonderboy?
You only need minutes to create songs. That are miracles and you created one! For sure!!!

The song is very pleasant listening to. As more people mentioned the rhythm is very nice.
It let me think of Eastern songs.

In spite of everyone else in this forum, I think you were a bit too close to the microphone when you sang/recorded your singing.
Of course, this could be my ears (one has to say that when he has some criticism, right?).
But what stands is that the song and the band (that's you) is very nice (read my line 3 again)

We'll keep in touch,
Hans
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Outlines - 02/13/21 10:23 AM
Misha, I was laughing at your note about "not getting frustrated"...I've stayed away from listening to tracks on the forum here because I have been in a wrestling match with my latest project and HIGHLY frustrated--I couldn't get focused on listening to anything else until I got my project "out of my head". Now that I'm done with it, I'm going back to check in with some of my friends, and I wanted to hear the latest from you--
You're an inspiration for someone like me who is in the prison of trying to make the software sound like something "real"--I want to be able to free up my creative mind, both musically and lyrically, to be more abstract, and your work is always inspiring that way.
From the mash-up of RT's that you selected, you make something very appealing. And, at first, I think your lyric is just random phrases, but, from your commentary, I can see the connection to the concept you are working toward.
I'm going to try to take your advise--work on something small-scale so that I don't have to agonize over it!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Outlines - 02/13/21 09:14 PM
Hi Misha,

This is such a good and interesting track/song to listen to. You make incredible good songs these days... I am amazed... it is such a joy to discover a new song from you, because I always know it will be interesting and different from the main stream songs.

Please continue to do what you do!
Will
Posted By: dcuny Re: Outlines - 02/14/21 03:55 AM
Hi, Misha.

You've got a way of taking RealTracks and using them in ways that others wouldn't have thought of, and making them expressive in ways that others can't.

Well, "others" at a minimum being "me." blush

Good song! laugh
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Outlines - 02/28/21 02:58 AM
Misha,

Wonderful Folk Rock with much Latin flavor!
Excellent vocals.
Superb Mix.
Percussion and Andean woodwinds add a nice touch to this tune.
Although it is a little short, I thought it was a great song that caught people's hearts strongly.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Outlines - 03/01/21 09:58 PM
I like it!

"Throwing your rocks at the clouds."
Brilliant!

Fast moving and interesting.
I feel more flow in you vocals on this one.

Well done!

moto
© PG Music Forums