PG Music Home
Posted By: Barry F. Peck When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On - 02/08/21 03:26 PM
When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On

I constructed the song in BIAB and finished the tracks in Cakewalk Sonar before they became BandLab. I wrote this song in 2012 as part of a CD I was recording for the 2016 National Square Dance convention in Des Moines, IA. I performed it at the style show that was part of the convention.

The style I used for this song was _SWCWALZ.STY. I used the following RealTracks:
Bass=1121 Piano=2117 Drums=CountryWaltz Guitar 1=824 Guitar 2=980 Pedal Steel=1127 Fiddle=1125

Below is the link to my song When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On:
https://youtu.be/CkZ4GTa25tM
Posted By: MarioD Re: When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On - 02/08/21 10:08 PM
This one almost got past me but I am sure glad I found it. This is outstanding. Super waltz groove with a fantastic vocal! Excellent choice in instrumentation and one outstanding mix. The lyrics are also fantastic.

Two thumbs up!
Posted By: dcuny Re: When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On - 02/08/21 10:58 PM
Waltzes are always welcome!

Fun song - a "classic" write, and nice payoff for "heavenly world" on the final verse. smile

I enjoyed listening!
Very nice Barry!! I always like these traditional type Irish folk song, and you put a good one together! Enjoyed!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Deej56 Re: When She Slipped Her Dancing Shoes On - 02/10/21 02:11 AM
Barry,

I’m glad I stumbled on this one. What a terrific write and a great, classic country hook to go with. Really like the fiddle and pedal steel in this production; gives it a real authentic old time feel. The vocal is really good, but one nit production-wise is that I'm not sure it sits ideally in the mix--see what others think. To me, it seems like you are in a different room or maybe too far from the mic when you recorded it—just seems to lack a little body to me. Just something to think about. But it didn’t take away at all from the enjoyable listen. Really sweet tune!

All my best,

Deej
Thanks everyone for listening to my song and all the kind and helpful comments. It is very encouraging.
Barry
© PG Music Forums