PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette The pinguins walk - 05/24/21 03:40 PM
Hello the nice members of the Biab club.

You know that I adore the animals and all the flora and fauna of our beautiful planet. Once again, I submit an atypical composition. It's the penguin walk.

The instrumental soundtrack tries to reproduce the bizarre gait of the penguins which is endearing. To make this soundtrack, I started with the Biab vst for my chord grid. I was inspired by certain midday melodies on which I put vst style staccatos for the approach of the penguins and orchestral ensembles for the background atmosphere. It is pure film music that I wanted to create.

To visualize, start from the image of a flyover of the penguins to get closer and observe them closely. I wanted to create very engaging music and I hope I succeeded.

Even if this is not your favorite style, thank you for discussing it and giving me your comments if you have the time or the inclination.

Vst used : symphobia one and Luminia of projectsam

The link to pinguins walk is :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/marche-des-pingouins

The link to my other instrumental soundtracks is :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631

Kindly regards

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: The pinguins walk - 05/24/21 05:07 PM
This well-crafted piece was full of drama. The interplay of the numerous instruments was masterfully done, bestowing upon these otherwise clumsy-looking birds a purposeful, almost regal status. Mesmerising.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The pinguins walk - 05/24/21 06:02 PM
Derochette,

WOW!

A beautiful piece. Dramatic, dynamic orchestration.

An excellent mix. A Big Beautiful sound!!

A joy to listen to. This should be used in a penguin documentary...

Impressive.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 09:35 AM
Hi Ghostgum,

I'm glad you noticed that I tried to replicate the awkward gait of these endearing birds. Thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: rsdean Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 09:37 AM
Derochette,

What a great piece of music... Such a majestic sound.

Excellent work.

Bob
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 09:40 AM
Hi floyd Jane,

It's always a pleasure to see you commenting on my songs. I try to alternate the themed orchestral with background music. Because the themed orchestral is more difficult to appreciate without video support. And I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Andyman Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 01:14 PM
An impressive composition. I like the dramatic production and the way you've captured the comical gait of the penguin here and there. Nice work!
Posted By: Scott C Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 01:16 PM
Big wow from me too. Love your song. Big soundscapes. This would be very cool in a Lord of the Rings style movie. Well done
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: The pinguins walk - 05/25/21 05:21 PM
Derochette,
Deep layered composition. Beautiful orchestration. Everything sound very professional and realistic. I think penguins would approve! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 12:58 PM
Derochette,
A sweeping, engaging soundscape with subtle shifts that kept my interest. I like the moment when the penguins waddle in- very nicely done ( just cute enough!), as is the whole piece.
I like your inspiration and execution- highly professional.

Robert
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 04:11 PM
Hi rsdean,

Thanks for stopping by and appreciating.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 04:15 PM
Hi Andyman,

It is true that the hardest work for me was to find instruments highlighting the awkward gait of the penguin making this mixture dramatic and comic. Thank you for your analysis and your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 04:18 PM
Hi Scott C,

I always appreciate your encouraging comments and thank you for your comment on soundcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 04:20 PM
Hi Rustyspoon,

I had more inspiration for this soundtrack than for Beach of love. I'm glad you like it and thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 04:39 PM
Hi Robertkc,

Thank you for your comment which makes me really happy. It is true that I spent many hours on this soundtrack before managing to make it more alive by varying the instruments.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: bluage Re: The pinguins walk - 05/26/21 06:09 PM
'Derochette'...

!!! Whoa, maestro, this is some kind of impressive orchestral writing !!! The size and spaciousness of the sound, the clarity of the instrument's voices, the airborne and momentous feel of the theme, the musical vigor of the piece, all of this and more combine to make listening to 'The Penguins Walk' a grand aural experience. I've enjoyed film music since I was a child and I believe you have demonstrated your skill in composing in that genre in a hugely entertaining way.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: The pinguins walk - 05/27/21 06:42 AM
Excellent!

You are truly the master at creating these soundscapes on this forum I think, quite remarkable that you start with BIAB.

Very well done, and a pleasure to listen to.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: The pinguins walk - 05/27/21 01:19 PM

Very nice.

Love this!

Great soundtrack material. More of this.

smile
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: The pinguins walk - 05/27/21 02:47 PM
Howdy Dero....

I like everything about this one.
Lots of orchestral ear candy and well composed.
I'll echo all other comments.

Absolutely....good 'movie' music.
Plus....I think penguins are so cool to observe.

Well done....
Posted By: PeterF Re: The pinguins walk - 05/27/21 07:51 PM
Stunning work.

A wonderful piece of "film" music that displays a lot of talent.

Really well done.

Peter
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/30/21 01:04 PM
Hi bluage,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Thank you for your nice comment that touches me. When you have inspiration, all musicians can surprise listeners. But unfortunately, this only happens rarely. This is the reason why I try different styles, hoping to find the rare pearl, that is to say the grael of the musician. Thank you again.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 05/30/21 01:17 PM
Hi Blue attitude,

Sorry for the delay in my response. And thank you for your comment. Biab is an extraordinary tool. When I compose, I start by creating the chord pattern. From this, I look in the realtracks for melodies that can adapt to it. If melodic lines interest me, I extract the midi file from this one and I look in my vst the instrument which can play this one. In the penguin walk, staccato sounds were essential to mark the gait of these very sympathic animals. In my sound scapes, it is a work of research of melodic lines and adapted vst that takes me the most time. Here, I took advantage of your comment to explain my method of composing which is simple but which requires patience. Thank you again for your nice comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Al-David Re: The pinguins walk - 05/30/21 01:40 PM
Hi Dero ...

Cinematic, dramatic, engaging and so well organized. By organized, I mean every instrument is exactly where it should be in depth, physical placement, tone and used in the articulate ways. Every instrument "breathes" and can be heard distinctly from the many that surround and support it.

I imagine you worked very hard, for quite a length of time, in order to create this masterpiece. Thank for the hard work so I, and the other listeners, have the opportunity to listen and admire the quality and pleasure of your efforts.

I am envious of your talent!!! Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The pinguins walk - 05/31/21 06:54 PM
Extremely dramatic, creative, and well produced.

Janice said she could see the penguins!

Your ability with these orchestral productions is remarkable.

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: The pinguins walk - 05/31/21 09:37 PM
Captivating and impressive, and I am understating it.

There is so much movement that flows smoothly: Musical ideas woven together cohesively.

What a talent to take the love of nature and reproduce it into music.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: The pinguins walk - 06/01/21 01:00 AM
Really great, the musical motifs were very sophisticated. It started out too loud but settled down nicely. Terrific work!
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/01/21 04:10 PM
Hi David,

Glad you appreciated. Thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/01/21 04:15 PM
Hi chulaivet1966,

I try different styles and love animals. I'm glad you liked this soundscape. Thanks you for your comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/01/21 04:18 PM
Hi Peterf,

It's nice your comment. Thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/01/21 04:25 PM
Hi Al-David,

I'm glad to read you. I hope that Madame's state of health is improving. This is a comment that goes straight to my heart. It is true that this soundscape took me a lot of hours but I am rewarded since you appreciate it. There are days when everything is linked well with the instruments and other days when nothing harmonizes properly. Here, it was a lucky day as we say among musician. Thank you and take good care of yourself.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: The pinguins walk - 06/02/21 09:09 PM
A piece of cinematic wonder.

Hope you're capitalizing on your talent!

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: The pinguins walk - 06/02/21 09:10 PM
A piece fit for cinematic wonder.

Hope you're capitalizing on your talent!

moto
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/03/21 04:07 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

Many thanks for your comment. I'm glad Janice was able to visualize the penguins. And thank you for the kind remark on soundcloud.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/03/21 04:10 PM
Hi Ezekiel's,

Thank you for passing comment. Reproducing animal scenes is not easy. But if this essay allows it, then I am particularly happy. Thanks to you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/03/21 04:12 PM
Hi TuneMonger,

I know you are very sensitive to the animal world. And your comment makes me really happy. Thank you.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackflash
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/05/21 12:09 PM
Hi CaptainMoto,

Thank you for your kind encouraging comment.

Kindly regard
Derochette
aliasJaniJackFlash
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: The pinguins walk - 06/05/21 04:42 PM
Wow! It really does sound like penguins walking. This certainly could be used for a movie.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The pinguins walk - 06/06/21 03:46 PM
Hi Jptjptjpt,

Thank you for your encouraging comment. I'm glad you liked this instrumental soundscape. I would have liked to have also the opinion of Ember, administrator of Biab but I believe that if there is not a realtrack incorporated, he will not appear.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums