PG Music Home
Posted By: bloc-head Underground - 01/02/22 07:47 PM
I wrote & recorded this tune a good while back... I can't remember which BIAB style or tracks I used, but I did play some keyboard parts, and a lot of guitar licks, including the first two Solos.
Any feedback is always welcome. Thanks for listening.
Underground
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Underground - 01/03/22 12:34 AM
You do a fantastic job melding live instruments with RealTracks. And your vocals are unreal good. Guitar solos were terrific! Can't say enough good things about what you've presented so far on the forum!
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Underground - 01/03/22 01:28 AM
For me, this is a really cool song. I like the whole thing. It would be nice if you would post the lyrics. "cling to your religion, take your gun and go underground" cool line.

Billy
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Underground - 01/03/22 11:58 AM
bloc-head,

A very cool song. Excellent tracks - a shame you do not remember the BIAB tracks used - would love to know what RealDrums that is...

Excellent vocals. Excellent use of BIAB.

A very good mix - sounds great in the phones.

Good music. A great listen. Cool!!!

fj
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/03/22 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
You do a fantastic job melding live instruments with RealTracks. And your vocals are unreal good. Guitar solos were terrific! Can't say enough good things about what you've presented so far on the forum!
Thank you for your ears & words... I really do appreciate them.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Underground - 01/03/22 09:15 PM
What a fantastic song. Super vocal. Great mix.

Great guitar lead, super chops.

Fantastic lyrics.

Loved it
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/03/22 11:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
For me, this is a really cool song. I like the whole thing. It would be nice if you would post the lyrics. "cling to your religion, take your gun and go underground" cool line.

Billy
thanks Billy, so glad you liked... you da man.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/03/22 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
bloc-head,

A very cool song. Excellent tracks - a shame you do not remember the BIAB tracks used - would love to know what RealDrums that is...

Excellent vocals. Excellent use of BIAB.

A very good mix - sounds great in the phones.

Good music. A great listen. Cool!!!

fj

I do so appreciate the use of the "phones"... the drums sound sound like a "New Orleans Groove thing" I just can't remember... I should write this stuff down... I don't even have a copy of the lyrics... Thanks big time, for the listen...
Posted By: Al-David Re: Underground - 01/04/22 12:04 AM
bloc-head ...

What a cool song and a great delivery of the goods! The b/g tracks are very busy yet do not step on each other - not easy to do! Each stays in its own path and shines. But you pulled it off magnificently. What a great mix!!! Loved that crisp ending!!!

I love everything about this! Congrats on a truly wonderful production. Happy New Year.

Alan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Underground - 01/04/22 10:22 AM
This wonderful song came on as I was listening to Soundcloud, and it immediately grabbed my attention. What a great build to the intro. Then in comes the vocals. WOW! Love the melody, and the amazing instrumentation --the whole production and mix is perfect. Background singers really add a huge chunk of goodness, too.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/04/22 04:47 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
What a fantastic song. Super vocal. Great mix.

Great guitar lead, super chops.

Fantastic lyrics.

Loved it

Thanks for listening Mario. I do appreciate your feedback... and I also appreciate all the help & advice you are so generous with on the other forums.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Underground - 01/05/22 07:04 AM
Hello bloc-head
Excellent song
Vocals, melody and sound everything turned out very very good
And guitar solos are absolutely top class
Very good work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/05/22 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
bloc-head ...

What a cool song and a great delivery of the goods! The b/g tracks are very busy yet do not step on each other - not easy to do! Each stays in its own path and shines. But you pulled it off magnificently. What a great mix!!! Loved that crisp ending!!!

I love everything about this! Congrats on a truly wonderful production. Happy New Year.

Alan
Thanks Alan, for your great ears & words... very gratifying, and much appreciated.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Underground - 01/05/22 05:19 PM
Excellent work.

Song sounds great as do the vocals and the hot guitar solos.

Peter
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/05/22 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
This wonderful song came on as I was listening to Soundcloud, and it immediately grabbed my attention. What a great build to the intro. Then in comes the vocals. WOW! Love the melody, and the amazing instrumentation --the whole production and mix is perfect. Background singers really add a huge chunk of goodness, too.

Thanks Marty... I do appreciate you listening, and your feedback...
Posted By: rayc Re: Underground - 01/06/22 01:43 AM
Cool...the vocals remind me of WORD UP.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Underground - 01/06/22 10:44 AM
hi bloc-head great job so different and creative enjoyed this very much great work thanks Eric
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/06/22 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello bloc-head
Excellent song
Vocals, melody and sound everything turned out very very good
And guitar solos are absolutely top class
Very good work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks for listening and commenting Andi... there sure is a lot of fine talent on this forum.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Underground - 01/06/22 05:26 PM
bloc-head,

This is great stuff!! That guitar in the intro is so captivating! Everything here is setting in the sweet spot in the mix! Your vocals are pro all the way! Loved the guitar solo! All the little background vocal touches are executed with precision! Very good music! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: dcuny Re: Underground - 01/07/22 04:54 AM
Funky build of an intro. Vocals are good, vocoder-ish harmonies are cool.

Guitar licks are ear-catching, and you did an excellent job weaving of all those bits into a sonic tapestry.

I like this one a lot!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Underground - 01/07/22 01:34 PM
Your playing was excellent. but I must comment on the mix of this song. It just blew me away. Loved the groove. The drums and bass created such a cool pocket. Super vocal and harmonies. Loved the call back of the guitar on the right side.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 01:38 PM
I am so grateful for the the encouraging feedback, Thank you all for listening, in spite of SC's awful commercial interruptions...
Posted By: vicarn Re: Underground - 01/08/22 01:47 PM
Infectious rhythm here bloc-head.
I was thinking of Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Superstitions" as I listened.

Vic
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 02:14 PM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Infectious rhythm here bloc-head.
I was thinking of Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Superstitions" as I listened.

Vic

Thanks Vic, I have a killer cover of "Superstition" in the can, but I dare not post it here (hiss).
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Underground - 01/08/22 02:43 PM
I like the way the drums build in the intro. The vocals are well constructed; I think they would be even more dynamic if recorded with a live group backing . Interesting lyric/theme. Well done.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 04:16 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Excellent work.

Song sounds great as do the vocals and the hot guitar solos.

Peter
Thank PeterF. Love that strat profile pix...
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 04:19 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Cool...the vocals remind me of WORD UP.

Thanks, I think... I'll check out "Word Up"
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 04:23 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
hi bloc-head great job so different and creative enjoyed this very much great work thanks Eric
Thank You Eric... I'm happy you liked it.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/08/22 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
bloc-head,

This is great stuff!! That guitar in the intro is so captivating! Everything here is setting in the sweet spot in the mix! Your vocals are pro all the way! Loved the guitar solo! All the little background vocal touches are executed with precision! Very good music! Thanks, Torrey

I'm flattered, and appreciative... Your music blows me away... For real.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Underground - 01/09/22 10:17 AM
Hi Bloc-head,

This is a very catchy, funky song. Swinging song and very well performed.
It reminded me of 'Superstitious' from Stevie Wonder, although you didn't use that electric piano and other stuff.
I agree with others about the missing of the lyrics and the BiaB instruments. Don't you have a copy on BiaB. All instruments used are there (except your own instruments of course).

But I'm impressed by the quality of this song. Well done!

Hans
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Underground - 01/09/22 12:06 PM
Janice immediately said, "Santana!" Yeah.

No need to parse it all out ... fine vocals, solos, Biab choices and mix.

It's all there and everything is hittin' the note.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/10/22 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Funky build of an intro. Vocals are good, vocoder-ish harmonies are cool.

Guitar licks are ear-catching, and you did an excellent job weaving of all those bits into a sonic tapestry.

I like this one a lot!

Thank you for the good ears & words... you are kind & generous, and appreciated.
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Underground - 01/10/22 03:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Your playing was excellent. but I must comment on the mix of this song. It just blew me away. Loved the groove. The drums and bass created such a cool pocket. Super vocal and harmonies. Loved the call back of the guitar on the right side.

Thanks Scott, I'm happy you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
I like the way the drums build in the intro. The vocals are well constructed; I think they would be even more dynamic if recorded with a live group backing . Interesting lyric/theme. Well done.

Thanks... Yes, a live group backing, is preferred, but my cluttered little studio is to small for my current band...

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Bloc-head,

This is a very catchy, funky song. Swinging song and very well performed.
It reminded me of 'Superstitious' from Stevie Wonder, although you didn't use that electric piano and other stuff.
I agree with others about the missing of the lyrics and the BiaB instruments. Don't you have a copy on BiaB. All instruments used are there (except your own instruments of course).

But I'm impressed by the quality of this song. Well done!

Hans

Thanks Hans... sorry for my lack of documentation, this is a pretty old production, and my memory is fading...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Janice immediately said, "Santana!" Yeah.

No need to parse it all out ... fine vocals, solos, Biab choices and mix.

It's all there and everything is hittin' the note.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

Wow, great complement, I'm a big fan of Carlos Santana... I love your music.
© PG Music Forums