PG Music Home
Posted By: floyd jane Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 03:57 PM
A co-write with my buddy Reid Richmond.
Since this song was published and pitched by Sony/ATV there is a knock-out demo for it.
That demo would EASILY win any comparison to the version that I have created.
Hands down. No question.
It has the perfect hat-act-cowboy-singer vocal and all the perfect fiddle and guitar licks.
(It was pitched to most of the top hat-acts at the time. 1998-ish)
I don't have that type voice and it would be tough to get BIAB to include the type of fills and licks that happen in the original.
(not impossible, but a good deal of work. And since I can't sing that style well, there wasn't much point in trying)
That being the case I will not include the original demo initially.

I decided to produce it as a sort of Country-Lite/Americana/Songwriter thing.
I think I can pull that off.

After a week or so, I will include a link to the original somewhere in this thread.
...if you feel like hearing it, stop back by later
(it will be obvious why I don't include it to start with...guaranteed)

The BAND:
RealTracks in style: ~519:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2934:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkySync8thsFintan Ev 140
RealTracks in song: 3149:Mandola, Background AmericanaFolk8thsAndy ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1707:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 2033:Mandolin, Soloist CountryAndy Ev 065
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open
I added an acoustic guitar track.

GOOD THING I GAVE MY HEART TO YOU

forgot to run the dryer, my jeans are soaking wet
the dog's missing and we're late for the vet
haven't seen the check book in a couple of weeks
the phone's ringing again.... now, where could it be
i got the dog in the car, now i can't find my keys
if it ain't one thing it's another with me

good thing i gave my heart to you
   no tellin' all the trouble it'd be gettin' into
   knowing all the stupid things that i can do

mama always said, (and you know she's never wrong)
i'd probably lose my head if it wasn't screwed on
half of my stuff would never be found
if it ain't locked up, nailed shut or tied down
but one part of me... i'll always know where it'll be
it's the only thing i ever lost intentionally

one part of me... i'll always know where it'll be
it's the only thing i ever lost intentionally

Have at it.
Have fun.
Any type comments.

fj
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 04:33 PM
Man, this song sounds like it could be on the radio now, but I think would have really shined in the 90's! I hope that makes sense? There are so many artists I think could have really run with this song. One, maybe not so obvious choice...I would have loved to hear Nitty do this song up.

[[COMMENTS DELETED : Warning-you have used the same comments too many times in this users posts. It appears you may be spamming 'floyd jane' The use of bots on the forum are strictly prohibited]]

I hope that detailed every possible compliment I could possibly give. It's just such a great toe tappin', light hearted, up beat song to listen to! Thanks for the "feel goods."

-Chad
Posted By: Al-David Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 05:10 PM
HI Floyd ...

Back after some really bad weeks. This is a terrific way to come back!

Like it a lot. The singer that came to my mind isn't one of the hat guys, though. I imagined Billy Currington put his polish on this in his understated way. But I'm sure there some of those hat acts who would like to get their hands on this one.

As always... splendid music!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 05:10 PM
Deleted - double post.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 06:49 PM

Exceptional song buddy.

Everything about it is good. Catchy and hooky as all get out.

I played it for Tater Totts and he said:

"If that *%2@@*&&^%% wrote more country classics like this instead of making fun of me I would buy every single ^&&(^%%%%##@@@ record he has ever made."

Then he walked off.

I tried to explain that he had you all wrong, but anyway, the whole point is Tater Totts loves it and I can tell he jealous.

That is a good thing.

smile

Means you are on to something.
Posted By: rayc Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/28/22 11:08 PM
Your voice is the return of a good friend.
If this isn't a patch on the demo I need to hear it as this version is excellent.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/29/22 12:26 PM
Very cool groove to this song. Loved the lyric. Could relate to quite of few situations the poor fella had happening. Super vocal Floyd. This should have been a hit..
Posted By: firesong Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/29/22 03:55 PM
Good songs never get timed out and this is a really good one...if the demos better then it must be a Jim-dandy...loved every part of it...your stuff is always top of the food chain and very tasty...obviously all of us guys can identify with the lyrics or at least most of them...super job on the vocals and the band was tight IMO...loved the hook!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/29/22 04:55 PM
nice one.... This is a good song like they used to write in Nashville for the artists. Along the lines of Carleen Carter, Juice Newton and a few others.

I like that double hit at the end of the choruses.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 09:31 AM
Man, I love that red comment by C. Aaron. That's so true for me regarding all your songs, Floyd. Yeah, this should be a hit; maybe it just needs a relief pitcher from the Sony bullpen. I'm sure I'm a bit (or a lot) biased here, but ain't no one can sing this better than you. I'll be looking forward to the demo, but no matter how many talented players contribute to it, the write will always be the part the shines brightest.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 10:06 AM
Hi floyd jane,

composition very rich in instrumentation. The dubbed voice is very well done. Well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regrd
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 11:06 AM
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Man, this song sounds like it could be on the radio now, but I think would have really shined in the 90's! I hope that makes sense? There are so many artists I think could have really run with this song. One, maybe not so obvious choice...I would have loved to hear Nitty do this song up.

[[COMMENTS DELETED : Warning-you have used the same comments too many times in this users posts. It appears you may be spamming 'floyd jane' The use of bots on the forum are strictly prohibited]]

I hope that detailed every possible compliment I could possibly give. It's just such a great toe tappin', light hearted, up beat song to listen to! Thanks for the "feel goods."

-Chad

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Thankgod the forum software is finally updated with proper warnings.

Nitty. An interesting choice. goes to show what a style change can accomplish - if you heard the original demo first, I'm certain you would make a different choice...

Thanks for the listen and comments...
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 02:58 PM
Floyd, looks like you've intentionally found the 'heart' and 'roots' of Floyd Jane again. This is very much in the wheelhouse where you sat a few years ago. It's very well written, lyrically strong, the message is clear and concise. Production and performance spot on. Once again, what's become the typical, a top notch Floyd Jane song. I enjoyed this one more than a little bit. Good stuff.

Charlie
Posted By: bloc-head Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 06:44 PM
Yep... what they all said.
Love the lyrics & hook... Excellent songwriting & delivery...
I'll be back for the alternate...
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 07:51 PM
Just great Floyd. It's easy to see why it got as far as it did, but I feel sorry for the ones who didn't record it. It's got the makings of a hit all over it. Thanks for putting it out here for us to hear.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 04/30/22 08:48 PM
IMHO this is a hit as it is and should be on the radio right now!

Super vocal and lyrics

Perfect backing tracks

As usual a fantastic mix

Loved it
Posted By: PeterF Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/01/22 02:12 AM
floyd

Catchy and engaging. Superb stuff. Be interesting to hear the early version.

Excellent vocal mix and lyric.

Hard to go wrong with those elements in place.

Peter
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/01/22 08:32 AM
Great song!

Sounds perfect to me, floyd, looking forward to hearing the studio demo once you post the link.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/01/22 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
HI Floyd ...

Like it a lot. The singer that came to my mind isn't one of the hat guys, though. I imagined Billy Currington put his polish on this in his understated way. But I'm sure there some of those hat acts who would like to get their hands on this one.

Alan

Thanks, Alan.
Currington is an interesting choice. His earlier stuff was good (People Are Crazy) - but, man! an lot of people hated his last album (mostly those who don't want Country to change at all).
Posted By: rsdean Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/02/22 09:01 AM
Floyd,

A masterful country song. Great vocal and awesome production. Sounds like it's ready to hit the airwaves!

Bob
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/02/22 09:07 AM
Hi Floyd,

When I read your introduction of the song, I got very, very curious.
Then you wrote you won't post it (yet). That did something to my heart.

So I started listening to this 'copy' of that enormous hit...

The rest of my text (mainly compliments on what terrific song you made, great lyrics and so on) I skipped.
I feared the red warning would skip it too, for the same reason Chat got.

I enjoyed listening to it, but still am curious for that demo. So just post it, will you?

Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/02/22 04:30 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Exceptional song buddy.

Everything about it is good. Catchy and hooky as all get out.

I played it for Tater Totts and he said:

"If that *%2@@*&&^%% wrote more country classics like this instead of making fun of me I would buy every single ^&&(^%%%%##@@@ record he has ever made."

Then he walked off.

I tried to explain that he had you all wrong, but anyway, the whole point is Tater Totts loves it and I can tell he jealous.

That is a good thing.

smile

Means you are on to something.

That Tater! - he can sometimes be a bit of a hot-head.
Take him to Prince's or Hattie B's for some Nashville Hot Chicken. The REAL stuff!!
Let me know...and I'll join ya!!!! YUMMMMMMM!!

Posted By: animarorecords Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/03/22 01:25 AM
floyd,

A masterful country song!
Very catchy!
Your composition skills and singing skills are fully utilized.
I would like to listen to the original version.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/03/22 11:07 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Your voice is the return of a good friend.
If this isn't a patch on the demo I need to hear it as this version is excellent.

Thanks, as always, ray. This is an entirely different version than the original demo... (which I'll post in a couple of days - trying to avoid too many comparisons... smile )

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool groove to this song. Loved the lyric. Could relate to quite of few situations the poor fella had happening. Super vocal Floyd. This should have been a hit..

Appreciate that, Scott....
Posted By: Al-David Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/03/22 12:09 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
HI Floyd ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan.
Currington is an interesting choice. His earlier stuff was good (People Are Crazy) - but, man! an lot of people hated his last album (mostly those who don't want Country to change at all).

"People Are Crazy" is my favorite song by him. And the video is so damn good. As far as country changing ... almost all genres of music change as society changes - music is a reflection of those changes. It'll probably always be that way. A lot of those who don't want country music to change say "That crap they're playing today sure as hell ain't country music". Well, it is - it's just today's country. And every generation will repeat that same old line about today's music verses what they grew up with.

My father said "Country music has gone to hell, when the Grand Ole Opry allowed drums on stage (thanks Ernest Tubb and Jack Greene!). What he was complaining about is what folks these days call "good ole classic country music".

Rock is the same. The Monkees and Dave Clark five don't sound a lot like today's rock. And so it goes.

I love the country music days of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, etc. That's what got me started making a good living playing guitar. But it's time has come and gone, just like the cycles in all music.

Okay, off my soap box - headed back top my office. wait ... I'm already in my office!
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/03/22 06:54 PM
Floyd,

I like the feel of this—nice catchy beat—and I love your vocal on this in particular . . . sits well in the mix, very warm, but also with a poppy feel to it. Which is to say, it’s just a terrific vocal. Not sure what the original demo sounded like, but this one seems like it would be a hard beat. Impressive work!

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/04/22 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Good songs never get timed out and this is a really good one...if the demos better then it must be a Jim-dandy...loved every part of it...your stuff is always top of the food chain and very tasty...obviously all of us guys can identify with the lyrics or at least most of them...super job on the vocals and the band was tight IMO...loved the hook!

Dan - appreciate that!! Thanks for having a listen.

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
nice one.... This is a good song like they used to write in Nashville for the artists. Along the lines of Carleen Carter, Juice Newton and a few others.

I like that double hit at the end of the choruses.

Thanks, Herb. Juice Newton - haven't heard that name in a very long time. I always thought that Carlene Carter should have been a bigger star than she was. Both interesting choices - I'm sure you will have others in mind if you stop back to hear the original...

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Man, I love that red comment by C. Aaron. That's so true for me regarding all your songs, Floyd. Yeah, this should be a hit; maybe it just needs a relief pitcher from the Sony bullpen. I'm sure I'm a bit (or a lot) biased here, but ain't no one can sing this better than you. I'll be looking forward to the demo, but no matter how many talented players contribute to it, the write will always be the part the shines brightest.

Marty - Thanks - as always!! When you hear the Nashville demo you will hear a totally different type singer (one that I can't even get close to).
Posted By: RnAM Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/04/22 04:18 PM
Hi Floyd,

We looked for the original, but it seems it's not there yet.
But we don't need that one, because we enjoyed this song very much.
It has everything a good song needs.
Great music and vocals, especially the harmonies!

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/05/22 04:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi floyd jane,

composition very rich in instrumentation. The dubbed voice is very well done. Well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regrd
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks, Derochette!!

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Floyd, looks like you've intentionally found the 'heart' and 'roots' of Floyd Jane again. This is very much in the wheelhouse where you sat a few years ago. It's very well written, lyrically strong, the message is clear and concise. Production and performance spot on. Once again, what's become the typical, a top notch Floyd Jane song. I enjoyed this one more than a little bit. Good stuff.

Charlie

Thanks a bunch, Charlie. This was written in the late 90's. I was in Nashville (15 years) and everything was geared towards getting cuts - so it had to be "radio ready". Over the years, I have changed things up some and experimented more and mixing it up. Sometime returning to my (much) older singer-songwriter styles and doing some things geared towards more of a "today's sound". Whatever feels good at the moment... a lot less pressure...

Originally Posted By: bloc-head
Yep... what they all said.
Love the lyrics & hook... Excellent songwriting & delivery...
I'll be back for the alternate...

Thanks, bloc-head...
Just the bare bones of this song, without a fancy production, reveals a song of high potential commercial value.

Love the lyrics. Exceptional vocal!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/06/22 12:44 PM
OK....

So, here is

THE NASHVILLE DEMO OF... GOOD THING I GAVE MY HEART TO YOU

I will leave it on Soundcloud until I need the space for something else.
After that (if you find the SC link is bad...)
You can find it on my site

http://www.floydjane.com/Songs/GoodThing.htm
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/06/22 04:34 PM
You and Reid wrote another classic song, floyd.

Your excellent vocals, guitar and the BiaB choices surely fit the bill for the country-lite/Americana/Songwriter style and the mix is spot on.

Having now listened to the demo we once again see just how much luck is involved with song success as this should’ve been a hit!

However, we’ll stick with your current version. As Ray said so well, “your voice is the return of a good friend.”

Enjoyed them both,
J&B
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/06/22 05:14 PM
I've been holding my breath for this. What a relief. Thanks, Floyd. You were right, as I knew you would be, and this is such an outstanding version of a terrific song. Last night I was at a jam and Zydecoal Bill, a non-commenting forum member, came over to tell me how he absolutely loved your new song, this one. Wait till he hears this version. A great song done so well.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/07/22 07:36 AM
Yeah, that professional demo sounds great, no question about it.

Man, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to write such a great song and produce such a high quality demo and not have it picked up!
Hello Floyd
Great song
BiaB used excellently
Really good
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/07/22 02:26 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Just great Floyd. It's easy to see why it got as far as it did, but I feel sorry for the ones who didn't record it. It's got the makings of a hit all over it. Thanks for putting it out here for us to hear.

Thanks, Brad....

Originally Posted By: MarioD
IMHO this is a hit as it is and should be on the radio right now!

Super vocal and lyrics

Perfect backing tracks

As usual a fantastic mix

Loved it

Thanks, Mario....

Originally Posted By: PeterF
floyd

Catchy and engaging. Superb stuff. Be interesting to hear the early version.

Excellent vocal mix and lyric.

Hard to go wrong with those elements in place.

Peter

Thanks, Peter!!....
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/07/22 09:07 PM
FJ,
You just keep knock'n them out of the park!
Another nice write, well performed.

Moto
Wow, I've been gone about 6 months and I come back to see you are still crankin out the prime choice tunes. Some people try and write songs and some people show the rest of us how to do it. Not really my style of music but I'm grinnin ear to ear right now having totally enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing.

Rick
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/08/22 05:44 PM
Note: you can find the link to the original demo a few posts back (if you are interested).

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Great song!

Sounds perfect to me, floyd, looking forward to hearing the studio demo once you post the link.

Thanks, Dave!!!

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Floyd,

A masterful country song. Great vocal and awesome production. Sounds like it's ready to hit the airwaves!

Bob

Much appreciated, Bob....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/09/22 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

When I read your introduction of the song, I got very, very curious.
Then you wrote you won't post it (yet). That did something to my heart.

So I started listening to this 'copy' of that enormous hit...

The rest of my text (mainly compliments on what terrific song you made, great lyrics and so on) I skipped.
I feared the red warning would skip it too, for the same reason Chat got.

I enjoyed listening to it, but still am curious for that demo. So just post it, will you?

Hans

Thanks, Hans...

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
floyd,

A masterful country song!
Very catchy!
Your composition skills and singing skills are fully utilized.
I would like to listen to the original version.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thanks, Shigeki Adachi...

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
HI Floyd ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan.

"People Are Crazy" is my favorite song by him. And the video is so damn good. As far as country changing ... almost all genres of music change as society changes - music is a reflection of those changes. It'll probably always be that way. A lot of those who don't want country music to change say "That crap they're playing today sure as hell ain't country music". Well, it is - it's just today's country. And every generation will repeat that same old line about today's music verses what they grew up with.

My father said "Country music has gone to hell, when the Grand Ole Opry allowed drums on stage (thanks Ernest Tubb and Jack Greene!). What he was complaining about is what folks these days call "good ole classic country music".

Rock is the same. The Monkees and Dave Clark five don't sound a lot like today's rock. And so it goes.

I love the country music days of Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, etc. That's what got me started making a good living playing guitar. But it's time has come and gone, just like the cycles in all music.

Okay, off my soap box - headed back top my office. wait ... I'm already in my office!

I enjoyed your soapbox. There is actually a LOT of new Country music that I like - every bit as much as I like the "old stuff"...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/10/22 01:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Floyd,

I like the feel of this—nice catchy beat—and I love your vocal on this in particular . . . sits well in the mix, very warm, but also with a poppy feel to it. Which is to say, it’s just a terrific vocal. Not sure what the original demo sounded like, but this one seems like it would be a hard beat. Impressive work!

All my best to you,

Deej

Thanks, Deej...

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Floyd,

We looked for the original, but it seems it's not there yet.
But we don't need that one, because we enjoyed this song very much.
It has everything a good song needs.
Great music and vocals, especially the harmonies!

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks, y'all! (the original is now posted - step back a few posts)
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/11/22 07:11 AM
Hi Floyd,

Thanks for posting the original song too. Enjoyed that one as well, or even a bit more ;-)
Liked the fiddle and fiddle chops very much!

But somewhere in the back of my head I had the feeling knowing this song. Could that be?

Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/12/22 05:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Just the bare bones of this song, without a fancy production, reveals a song of high potential commercial value.

Love the lyrics. Exceptional vocal!

Much appreciated, Scott...

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
You and Reid wrote another classic song, floyd.

Your excellent vocals, guitar and the BiaB choices surely fit the bill for the country-lite/Americana/Songwriter style and the mix is spot on.

Having now listened to the demo we once again see just how much luck is involved with song success as this should’ve been a hit!

However, we’ll stick with your current version. As Ray said so well, “your voice is the return of a good friend.”

Enjoyed them both,
J&B

Thanks, y'all!!!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/12/22 11:54 PM
FJ,
Great effort. I like your latest take better than the demo, both musically and vocally. Catchy, full of energy. Excellent breaks & phrasing. Mix is ACE. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/13/22 09:46 AM
Genius

No more words are needed.

With the big effort you put in, you are an absolute master operator of this program...
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/13/22 03:15 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
I've been holding my breath for this. What a relief. Thanks, Floyd. You were right, as I knew you would be, and this is such an outstanding version of a terrific song. Last night I was at a jam and Zydecoal Bill, a non-commenting forum member, came over to tell me how he absolutely loved your new song, this one. Wait till he hears this version. A great song done so well.

Marty - smile
Tell Z I said "thanks!" when you see him again...

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah, that professional demo sounds great, no question about it.

Man, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to write such a great song and produce such a high quality demo and not have it picked up!

There are LITERALLY hundreds of thousands of killer songs/demos sitting on the shelves in Nashville that no one will ever hear. And every single one will sound like it should have been on the radio.

Another thing to consider - each of those demos probably cost $300-$400 (per song) - you can buy BIAB for a one time purchase (in that range) and produce as many songs as you can think up (with no further cost) - for the rest of your life....
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/14/22 11:14 AM
Originally Posted By: PROJECT M
Hello Floyd
Great song
BiaB used excellently
Really good
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Thanks, Andi...

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
FJ,
You just keep knock'n them out of the park!
Another nice write, well performed.

Moto

Thanks, moto...
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/14/22 09:12 PM
Think i seen a review / comment on Deej ,stuff about the lyrics confusing you or .... Point is Floyd your lyrics are too direct to be anything considered as a song or spoken poetry !!. go back and listen to your words !!.

or listen to bands like beatles,fleetwood mac, beach boys etc ..etc ..

FORGOT TO RUN THE DRYER MY JEANS ARE SOAKING WET !!.

Really Cmon !!where does that fit !!?.

This is what causes !! stagnation in a Forum Buddy !!

Posted By: David Snyder Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/15/22 12:31 PM
Floyd,

I showed Tater Totts what beatmater said, and asked him if you should let beatmaster show you how you to write a better song.

Now bear in mind, Tater is mad at you and he doesn't like you. At all. He has said some ugly things. He said he wants to kick your...well you know. He also says you are a windbag, and on and on. And in love with yourself, and on and on and on. I have tried many times to tell him that you have a heart of gold, but you hurt his feelings with the song where you made fun of him I think. (Or he thinks you were making fun of him.)

BUT, then I showed him the post from beatmaster.

Never, ever, ever in my life I have heard such foul language. Ever. It was unbelievable what he said about poor little beatmater and what he would do if he ever got his hands on him.

I can't repeat any of it. Because it is Sunday.

Man, I think people on the forum better chill out before it starts to look like Portland.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/16/22 04:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Rick Hansen
Wow, I've been gone about 6 months and I come back to see you are still crankin out the prime choice tunes. Some people try and write songs and some people show the rest of us how to do it. Not really my style of music but I'm grinnin ear to ear right now having totally enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing.

Rick

Thanks, Rick!

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Floyd,

Thanks for posting the original song too. Enjoyed that one as well, or even a bit more ;-)
Liked the fiddle and fiddle chops very much!

But somewhere in the back of my head I had the feeling knowing this song. Could that be?

Hans

Thanks, Hans. I can't really say what this might remind you of...

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
FJ,
Great effort. I like your latest take better than the demo, both musically and vocally. Catchy, full of energy. Excellent breaks & phrasing. Mix is ACE. Enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Appreciate that, Misha...

Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Genius

No more words are needed.

With the big effort you put in, you are an absolute master operator of this program...

Nice of you to say, Trev... always appreciated...

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Floyd,

I showed Tater Totts what beatmater said, and asked him if you should let beatmaster show you how you to write a better song.

Now bear in mind, Tater is mad at you and he doesn't like you. At all. He has said some ugly things. He said he wants to kick your...well you know. He also says you are a windbag, and on and on. And in love with yourself, and on and on and on. I have tried many times to tell him that you have a heart of gold, but you hurt his feelings with the song where you made fun of him I think. (Or he thinks you were making fun of him.)

BUT, then I showed him the post from beatmaster.

Never, ever, ever in my life I have heard such foul language. Ever. It was unbelievable what he said about poor little beatmater and what he would do if he ever got his hands on him.

I can't repeat any of it. Because it is Sunday.

Man, I think people on the forum better chill out before it starts to look like Portland.

OH!, that Tater!

smile

wink
Posted By: rayc Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/16/22 07:39 PM
I really like the "kitchen sink drama" of the verses and the contrast with the high drama of the choruses.
I've oft been accused of being a critic rather than a commentator but I do leave my, admittedly minimal, credentials in view.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/19/22 01:46 PM
Worth the wait, Floyd. An education to a hobbyist such as I am.
So, this is a demo, meaning you don't credit the vovalist?
That fiddler sounds something like Gener Elders.
Anyway, I can see that one right on target, especially as Nashville seems to be resolving some of her identity conflicts. smile
Posted By: jannesan Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/19/22 02:47 PM
Very nice cheerful and catchy pop song, music and lyrics bring smile on my face. Enjoyed the good selection of poppy instruments, especially those solo ones. The mix and vocals very pleasant.

Janne
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/19/22 06:48 PM
Floyd,
Infectiously catchy- hard not to sing along on the chorus- and the lyrics are smart, happy and sing so well. That`s a nod to your phrasing and timing, of course which is spot on here.
The Floyd back catalogue is deep and full of gems!

Robert
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/20/22 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I really like the "kitchen sink drama" of the verses and the contrast with the high drama of the choruses.
I've oft been accused of being a critic rather than a commentator but I do leave my, admittedly minimal, credentials in view.

"kitchen sink drama" - Love that! Thanks ray...

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Worth the wait, Floyd. An education to a hobbyist such as I am.
So, this is a demo, meaning you don't credit the vovalist?
That fiddler sounds something like Gener Elders.
Anyway, I can see that one right on target, especially as Nashville seems to be resolving some of her identity conflicts. smile

Thanks, ed....

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Very nice cheerful and catchy pop song, music and lyrics bring smile on my face. Enjoyed the good selection of poppy instruments, especially those solo ones. The mix and vocals very pleasant.

Janne

Thanks for having a listen, Janne...

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Floyd,
Infectiously catchy- hard not to sing along on the chorus- and the lyrics are smart, happy and sing so well. That`s a nod to your phrasing and timing, of course which is spot on here.
The Floyd back catalogue is deep and full of gems!

Robert

Thanks, Robert - glad to see you back...
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Good Thing I Gave My Heart To You - 05/27/22 02:12 PM
FLoyd,

This is great! I can't imagine how a demo you had produced earlier could be any better! This has all the little clever lyric lines and hooks needed to be a big hit! Everything is spot on! It sounds perfect to me!

Impressed as always! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums