PG Music Home
Posted By: musician17 From Me, With Love - 12/09/22 03:15 PM
It's getting darker outside (at least here, in the northern hemisphere, wherein I reside) - and so, it seems, are my songs. Well, not so much darker as wryer and more valedictorian in nature. I guess it's the fact that a year is ending, and a new one will soon begin - I know (or hope, at least!) that, when the new year will start, I will be once again ready to start again, too - "once more unto the breach", etc. etc. etc. . Still ... we're not there yet, so this song will have to do, for now. I hope you enjoy, but feedback of any kind is of course very welcome. Thank you for listening!

This, I should say, is an instrumental.

From Me, With Love

****** Song Summary *************
Title: If I Have No Love - 9 December 2022
File:If I Have No Love - 9 December 2022.SGU
Key=C , Tempo 85, Length (m:s)=2:57
No intro. 80 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 80. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Style is _2NDTRY.STY (Second Try Harmonica Ctry Waltz)

RealTracks in style: ~1121:Bass, Acoustic, CountryWaltz Sw 085
RealTracks in style: 2117:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryWaltzJohn Sw 085
RealTracks in style: ~980:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanA-B Sw 085
RealTracks in style: 2858:Harmonica, Background CountryWaltzSlowJellyRoll Sw 085
RealDrums in style:CountryWaltz^3-a:Brushes, Swirl , b:Sidestick, HiHat

Posted By: floyd jane Re: From Me, With Love - 12/10/22 12:18 PM
Sounds like a James Delsono chord progression and BAND.
smile
Mix is good.

fj
Posted By: vicarn Re: From Me, With Love - 12/10/22 01:21 PM
An unusual chord sequence, James.
Very soothing. I imagine a lonely couple left on the dance floor at closing time.

Vic
Posted By: jannesan Re: From Me, With Love - 12/11/22 12:56 PM
Unique chord progression is like a wandering melody itself, very interesting, there are couple of section I almost recognized something familiar, but then it goes to an unexpected direction. I couldn't figure out a clear structure, but it is always pleasure to hear something that doesn't play by the book smile Nice waltz and a smooth band.

Janne
Posted By: RnAM Re: From Me, With Love - 12/11/22 01:20 PM
Beautiful music with unexpected turns now and then.
But that makes it interesting.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Deej56 Re: From Me, With Love - 12/11/22 07:02 PM
James,

A very nice instrumental arrangement. I think the chord progressions, though unexpected at times, actually are additive, keeping the listener engaged throughout. Nicely done! Vic’s image of that couple dancing at closing time is spot on!

Wishing you well for the Holidays—

Deej
Posted By: musician17 Re: From Me, With Love - 12/12/22 03:44 AM
floyd: haha (re: sounds like a James Delsono chord progression and band). Thanks :-)

Vic: thank you so much. Your image is very close to what was intended, so I'm really glad it came through for you like that!

Janne: thanks!!! I like not to play it by the book, musically ;-) I don't always succeed, or indeed try for it, but it's nice when others think it has worked! :-) Thanks again, really appreciated!

Rob and Anne Marie: thank you!

Deej: thanks :-) So glad you enjoyed it - Happy Holidays to you, also.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: From Me, With Love - 12/12/22 10:40 AM
Kept my interest which can be hard for an instrumental to do. Enjoyed its lilting pace. Nice one!
Posted By: musician17 Re: From Me, With Love - 12/13/22 09:46 PM
Thanks, TuneMonger!
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: From Me, With Love - 12/13/22 10:20 PM
For someone who "speaks only English" being presented with "Greek" or any other language can be refreshing and unique. And so with this song; soothing, refreshing and unique.
Great job.
Posted By: dcuny Re: From Me, With Love - 12/13/22 10:35 PM
Pleasant sound, some of "your" chord progressions.

I'd always prefer some melody to help give it focus, because otherwise - for me - it seems to be wandering without a particular direction.

Still, nice to listen to. smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: From Me, With Love - 12/14/22 02:25 PM
James,
It seems forum listeners are wise to "your" chord progressions; others beat me to identifying the familiar and unusual changes in your enjoyable, lilting instrumental.
Perhaps it will grow lyrics in future once this "darker" phase shifts?

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: From Me, With Love - 12/15/22 08:07 PM
James,

The melancholy feel of this track kind of fits the early dark days we have now! You are pretty good at arranging your music and aren't afraid to take chances with chord structure and melody! I like that!

Thanks, T
Posted By: musician17 Re: From Me, With Love - 12/18/22 08:20 AM
Bass Thumper: thank you so much!

David Cuny: I may add a melody, it does feel unfinished. I'm not sure yet - we'll see! Thanks for listening :-)

Robert: if I add a melody, I may also add lyrics? :-) I'm not sure - sometimes, I prefer things instrumental only, i.e. ambiguous in their meaning :-) We'll see what happens - but thanks so much for, as always, very perceptive comments.

Torrey: thank you. Once the New Year starts, I feel things will change. For now, taking stock of things, hence perhaps why things are a bit static and somewhat "dark" in their timbre and colours? Who knows :-) but thank you so much for listening and for your kind comments!

MERRY CHRISTMAS / HAPPY HOLIDAYS, one and all.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: From Me, With Love - 12/18/22 06:52 PM
This is a lovely waltz, James.

The ever positive Janice said that she too could see a dancing couple all alone on the dance floor but she thought they were happy and dancing their anniversary waltz. smile

Good band and mix also!

Happy Holidays,

J&B
© PG Music Forums