PG Music Home
Posted By: F.M.M. No Resistance - 01/12/23 12:56 PM
Hello to all, really forgot how much work it is. to load a new computer and when you have email addresses change. What a headache every deal is a download for the software and if don,t remember your password it becomes a pain. this tune started in scaler to biab and finished in bandlab using ezdrummer3,native instrument noire pure, realtracks and style Style is _SJAZAMP.STY (Amplitube Smooth Jazz Electric G) ~903:Bass, Electric, SmoothCool Sw16 100 1056:Sax, Alto, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100 Thanks for listening. https://soundcloud.com/f-m-m/no-resistence?si=0a7bdee67b9f46fe8c33dc35a1a31620&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: No Resistance - 01/12/23 01:28 PM
FMM, nicely done. I like the sax and keyboard.
And there's "no resistance" smile in saying the guitar work is excellent, be it your work or BiaB.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: No Resistance - 01/12/23 04:42 PM
Jeff Beck just passed and this piece certainly reminds me of his fine fusion playing. Very nice work here.
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: No Resistance - 01/12/23 10:28 PM
Hi,

Very testy Sax and Guitar and well mixed.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: rayc Re: No Resistance - 01/12/23 11:32 PM
One minute & 21 seconds is a long time to wait for the real meat of the track. The backing is solid, the sax is fine but for me it's about you & your guitar.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: No Resistance - 01/13/23 11:17 AM
Oh, man, I know what you mean about the hassle of setting up a new computer, Eric. Most sites you visit to get help give you so much run-around that you know they just want you to get frustrated and buy a new one. BiaB was such a refreshing change from "Hold for a representative." I lost my key so had to call. "Hello, thanks for calling PGMusic. This is Jerry. How can I help you today?"

WOW, this song is a blast right from the first note. No build up; just a right in your face goodness. Love that sax, but, yes, Ray is right. The song really takes off when you start playing. Worth the wait though, and as I said, the sax was fine entertainment in the waiting room. Fun changes and great taste, Eric. When the song was done, "Gentle Lady" came on and I had No Resistance.
Posted By: vicarn Re: No Resistance - 01/13/23 11:51 AM
Hi F.M.M.
I played in a rock band with a sax player called Alan Skidmore when I was a teenager.
I loved that.
When the band broke up he left to play jazz and became quite well known. I never did get that genre. I just put it down to my ignorance and his superiority.

It all sounds very well mixed to me and nice guitar work, though I agree somewhat that it takes a while to get going. But maybe that's the nature of the genre so this isn't a criticism.

Vic
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: No Resistance - 01/13/23 12:29 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Hello to all, really forgot how much work it is. to load a new computer and when you have email addresses change. What a headache

Ha....I hear you.
I sure hope my computer outlives me so I can avoid that trip through hell.

Cool track....smooth, jazzy mood, good axe playing.
Who doesn't love a good sax track!

I liked it....well done.

Carry on....
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: No Resistance - 01/13/23 03:37 PM
I thought it was a great mix, but I too especially love your guitar work. Cool sound.
Posted By: dcuny Re: No Resistance - 01/13/23 07:04 PM
I'm with rayc... impatiently waiting for the warm-up act to finish so I can hear the guy I came to hear. wink

It all sounds good! It's just that you're the better part of it!
Posted By: MarioD Re: No Resistance - 01/14/23 08:43 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
It all sounds good! It's just that you're the better part of it!

I agree but I didn't mind the "intro" sax's length at all. When I played in a band with a tenor sax our jams were exactly like yours length wise.

As usual great guitar chops and mix.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: No Resistance - 01/16/23 12:12 PM
eric,

A pleasure to listen to. As always.

Well done.

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: No Resistance - 01/16/23 01:01 PM
Nice guitar playing and tone, and the saxophone is also pretty good.
The drummer could once in a while pause the cymbals, but that's my only nit.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: No Resistance - 01/19/23 01:43 PM
Thanks, Bass Thumper for stopping by to listen and comments I appreciate it a lot. Éric
Posted By: Birchwood Re: No Resistance - 01/20/23 10:56 AM
Hi Eric,

I get that you had to take it off, because of the PC problems... That's why you made this song I think?
And that is why once in a while you need to have those pc-problems. To make good songs!
I also think you underrated your guitarplay here. It is wonderful!

love it,
Hans
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: No Resistance - 01/23/23 12:58 PM
Hi Eric
Great song
Starts very suddenly ;-)
But sounds good
The guitar solo has a really good sound and is very well played
Good work
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: No Resistance - 01/23/23 03:10 PM
Thanks, Tunemoger very kind words I appreciate it Eric.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: No Resistance - 01/31/23 04:54 PM
Thanks, Nigel, for listening and comments and taking time to listen Eric.
© PG Music Forums