Strings - Kontakt Solid State Orchestra Strings
Chord track - Kontakt - Amadeus - Full String Ensemble

Me via my MIDI keyboard controller:
Solo Violin - Kontakt - Kirt Hunter - Spotlight Strings- Violin
Solo Viola - Kontakt - Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Viola
Harp - Kontakt - Glissando harp
Solo Soprano - EastWest - Play - Soprano
Choir - EastWest - Play - Full Choir

As usual all comments good or bad are welcomed.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 02:54 PM
Mario,

A film score-like instrumental . . . with swells of emotion moving sadly through. Really like the choir in this--wonderfully done. I think you made a good choice deleting the drums and guitar tracks--I haven't hear them with those instruments, but I think they would be distracting in the mix . . . so good decision there. Lovely work.

All my best to you,

Deej
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 03:05 PM
Howdy Mario....

Yep....a good soundtrack score.
Flows well and appealing to the ears....I like it.

Well done...
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 03:34 PM
Simply masterful Mario.
You really know how to work that controller to express your creativity.
This does invoke the feeling of loneliness.
Great job.
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 05:38 PM
As usual, another masterpiece from Mario. I agree with Deej, this has an absolutely lovely sound as is and I think taking the guitar and drums out was a good choice.

Brad
Posted By: vicarn Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 05:41 PM
What the others said, Mario.
Lovely sound.

Vic
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Mario,

A film score-like instrumental . . . with swells of emotion moving sadly through. Really like the choir in this--wonderfully done. I think you made a good choice deleting the drums and guitar tracks--I haven't hear them with those instruments, but I think they would be distracting in the mix . . . so good decision there. Lovely work.

All my best to you,

Deej

Thanx Deej. Yes the drums and guitar tracks didn't add a thing to this song so I dumped them. Thanx so much for the super review.

Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Howdy Mario....

Yep....a good soundtrack score.
Flows well and appealing to the ears....I like it.

Well done...

Thanx so much for listening and commenting. I'm glad that you like it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 08:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Simply masterful Mario.
You really know how to work that controller to express your creativity.
This does invoke the feeling of loneliness.
Great job.

I have to work real hard to get those controllers to do what I want; I'm still a hacker at it. Thanx for listening and commenting, I appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
As usual, another masterpiece from Mario. I agree with Deej, this has an absolutely lovely sound as is and I think taking the guitar and drums out was a good choice.

Brad

Thanx Brad. Those two tracks distracted from what I had in my head so I dumped them.

Originally Posted By: vicarn
What the others said, Mario.
Lovely sound.

Vic

Thanx Vic.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/14/23 09:06 PM
A powerful emotive piece. Finely textured. I agree with all the previous comments. Beautifully done.
Posted By: rayc Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/15/23 05:42 AM
Some well strung stuff.
Sometimes I miss the expressiveness you achieve with your reed controller but this doesn't need the extra nudge.
Nicely done sir.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/15/23 11:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
A powerful emotive piece. Finely textured. I agree with all the previous comments. Beautifully done.

Thanx for listening and the wonderful review.

Originally Posted By: rayc
Some well strung stuff.
Sometimes I miss the expressiveness you achieve with your reed controller but this doesn't need the extra nudge.
Nicely done sir.

Thanx Ray. I was just given another EWI-USB and if I can get it set up correctly I will be using it.
Posted By: tommyad Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/15/23 01:03 PM
Mario, I can't even imagine this with drums and guitar. You definitely made the correct choice there. This is well put together and should be used in a film score. Nice work, Tom
Posted By: jannesan Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/15/23 01:43 PM
In the mood of Adagio in G minor and Always On My Mind, this great artwork describes perfectly the feeling of a lonely soul. Excellent arrangement, those angelic voices describe the crowd, at least in my thoughts. The solo violins sounded extremely beautiful. I admire your ability to create strong emotions from simple elements.

Janne
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 10:38 AM
Mario.

my goodness ...another wonderfull soundscape.

i agree with a comment above re no drums or guitar.

love those voices/choir effect.

i would be amazed if your soundscapes werent of great interest to film and tv companies.

have a fantastic happy year mario.

om

(ps thanks for listening/commenting on my new ctazy song.
much appreciated.)
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Mario, I can't even imagine this with drums and guitar. You definitely made the correct choice there. This is well put together and should be used in a film score. Nice work, Tom

Thanx so much Tommy. Yes the drums and guitar just didn't fit into what I was attempting to create in this piece.

Originally Posted By: jannesan
In the mood of Adagio in G minor and Always On My Mind, this great artwork describes perfectly the feeling of a lonely soul. Excellent arrangement, those angelic voices describe the crowd, at least in my thoughts. The solo violins sounded extremely beautiful. I admire your ability to create strong emotions from simple elements.

Janne

Janne, thanx so much for the wonderful review. I'm not so sure about the great artwork statement but I do appreciate the comment.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 11:36 AM
Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Mario.

my goodness ...another wonderfull soundscape.

i agree with a comment above re no drums or guitar.

love those voices/choir effect.

i would be amazed if your soundscapes werent of great interest to film and tv companies.

have a fantastic happy year mario.

om

(ps thanks for listening/commenting on my new ctazy song.
much appreciated.)

Thanx so much om for this fantastic review.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 12:22 PM
A Lonely Soul - A Lovely Piece.

Nice job all around.

Excellent mix.

A "peaceful" listen.

fj
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 12:40 PM
Beautiful film score with a nice melody.
I think you've found your style for this genre, I really enjoyed listening to it.

From the mix, the strings sound a bit right-heavy, I'd probably pan the violin to the left (that's where it belongs anyway) and the viola to the right to get the foundation more balanced.
But otherwise it's a pretty good mix.
Posted By: RnAM Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 01:37 PM
Really beautiful music Mario.
Would be a good soundtrack.
It brings "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis to my mind.
Meant as a compliment!

Anne-Marie
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 06:53 PM
"Me via my MIDI keyboard controller"

There's a heckuva lot of talent packed in that sentence!

"Excellent arrangement, those angelic voices describe the crowd"

Could not express it better than Janne.

The sound is epic, huge on our monitors yet it is full of subtleties that send you back for another listen.

Wow,

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 07:03 PM
Mario...this is very cinematic and touching...you are the master of the MIDI production for sure...the choir adds real emotion and a bit of suspense...I love this piece, its tenderness and emotion...great job!
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A Lonely Soul - A Lovely Piece.

Nice job all around.

Excellent mix.

A "peaceful" listen.

fj

Thanx Floyd. I'm glad that that you mentioned the mix as this was a hard one for me.
I must have got it right.

Originally Posted By: B.D.Thomas
Beautiful film score with a nice melody.
I think you've found your style for this genre, I really enjoyed listening to it.

From the mix, the strings sound a bit right-heavy, I'd probably pan the violin to the left (that's where it belongs anyway) and the viola to the right to get the foundation more balanced.
But otherwise it's a pretty good mix.

Thanx B.D.. I thought the strings were on the left and the viola on the right. I'm going to have to check that out.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 08:25 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Really beautiful music Mario.
Would be a good soundtrack.
It brings "Conquest of Paradise" by Vangelis to my mind.
Meant as a compliment!

Anne-Marie

Thanx Anne-Marie. Being compared to Vangelis is a huge but undeserved compliment. Vangelis is a master at new age and I'm just a beginner.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
"Me via my MIDI keyboard controller"

There's a heckuva lot of talent packed in that sentence!

"Excellent arrangement, those angelic voices describe the crowd"

Could not express it better than Janne.

The sound is epic, huge on our monitors yet it is full of subtleties that send you back for another listen.

Wow,

J&B

Thanx so much for this extremely kind review. Thanx for that heckuva talent comment. I'm still learning and I have a long way to go but I am enjoying the trip.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/16/23 08:26 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Mario...this is very cinematic and touching...you are the master of the MIDI production for sure...the choir adds real emotion and a bit of suspense...I love this piece, its tenderness and emotion...great job!

Thanx so much for listening and commenting Dan. I'm glad that you liked it.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/17/23 10:33 AM
Hi Mario,

"A lonely soul is alone even in a crowd." Very true! We did a song a while back called Alone in a Crowd.

Wonderful piece, I especially like the parts you did with your keyboard controller. I think you are indeed the master of MIDI on this site wink

Enjoyed!
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/17/23 11:35 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Hi Mario,

"A lonely soul is alone even in a crowd." Very true! We did a song a while back called Alone in a Crowd.

Wonderful piece, I especially like the parts you did with your keyboard controller. I think you are indeed the master of MIDI on this site wink

Enjoyed!

Thanx so much Dave for those very kind words.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A Lonely Soul - 01/17/23 11:51 AM
You illustrate so well with music, Mario. The sound goes right to the chest and ears, a wonderful combination of emotion and sound. I need to reiterate J&B: "'Me via my MIDI keyboard controller.' There's a heckuva lot of talent packed in that sentence!" Such a sad sound, a lonely sound. It's not because you suggested it. You should leave the next title blank and have us guess based on what we hear.
© PG Music Forums