PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong One of These Days - 01/21/23 05:08 PM
Hey guys...on an evening in September 2000, Single Heart which consisted of myself, Bob Huston and Gene Simmons met to record a song we had done in concert dozens of times...well you've been there...we could not get it right and spent way too much time trying...what you are about to hear is our final attempt...the mics were open and the recorder running...the vocals are 23 years old but the band is new (thanks to BiaB) and some names have been changed to protect the innocent...so...if you do...thanks for listening...Dan

One of These Days
https://soundclick.com/r/s8nobn

Vocals: Lead=Dan...Tenor=Gene...Baritone=Bob...Bass=Dan(added later)
Instrumentals: Piano=Dan

Band in a Box Components:
RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in song: ~~528:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Hank Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 617:Pedal Steel, Background Shuffle Sw 136
RealTracks in song: 3701:Guitar, Acoustic, Soloist SlackKeySwing Sw 120
RealDrums in style:CountryShuffle: a: SideStick, HiHat b: Snare, HiHat

Posted By: floyd jane Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/22/23 12:43 PM
Dan,

Wonderful vocals.
Good tracks.
Good mix.

Well done.

fj
Posted By: vicarn Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/22/23 01:01 PM

It's great to hear a resurrection of an old song.
This is a great display of vocal talent and BIAB done good.

Vic
Posted By: MarioD Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/22/23 01:11 PM
Fantastic harmonies!
You did a great job in perfectly blending old vocals with BiaB.
Loved it.
Posted By: B.D.Thomas Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/22/23 03:21 PM
I'm glad you left the giggle in ... it's a great introduction to the song.

Vocals and harmonies are great. Without knowing the original tracks, you did a great job with BIAB and the mix, it sounds organic and natural.
I like it!
Posted By: tommyad Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/22/23 03:29 PM
What a great opening. The Oak Ridge Boys got nothing on you guys. Wonderfull vocals and you did a masterful job of mixing in Biab. Really good stuff, Tom
Posted By: firesong Re: One of These Days (Take 400 and 401) - 01/23/23 03:45 PM
Floyd, Vic, Mario, Brian and Tom...thanks for all the great thoughts and comments...so glad you enjoyed "Takes 399, 400 and 401"...Dan
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: One of These Days - 01/24/23 01:13 PM
Hello Dan, Gene and Bob
Very good song
The intro is so awesome
Just fun to listen to you guys
Vocals at their best
Thanks a lot
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: dcuny Re: One of These Days - 01/24/23 05:32 PM
Great harmonies! laugh

Love the intro as well.

The band's not shabby, either. wink
Posted By: Scott C Re: One of These Days - 01/24/23 11:42 PM
Loved this. Very cool tune. Not only was this awesome tune. I loved how much fun you had doing the song. Well done
Posted By: firesong Re: One of These Days - 01/26/23 12:35 AM
Andi, David and Scott....thanks guys for your comments...I love when people use the word love! Dan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: One of These Days - 01/27/23 04:53 PM
Hey there Dan, I don't know how I missed this one for so long - I guess I've been busy. It was a lot of fun. Yes, it took me back to some recordings I did in the past with a group I played with - except our finished product never came out half as good as this. As always, a great song done in a great way. Glad you included that intro I think it added a lot to an already good song.

Brad
Posted By: dani48 Re: One of These Days - 01/27/23 07:33 PM
Hi, Dan & Co !

I like your tune very much !
The vocals you all harmonize
are amazing ! Wonderful !

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: One of These Days - 01/28/23 12:31 PM
Well, the fine vocal performances are a perfect match to this BiaB band. Beautiful.

Y’all really do sound like brothers in this and the joy comes through loud and clear.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: One of These Days - 01/29/23 04:59 PM
Dan,

This new backing really makes this sound great! It's nice to hear the interaction between you and your fellow singers! This is top of the line Southern Gospel Music! This should have already been playing on a lot of radio stations (not too late)! The vocals are off the charts good! For a "live" performance it's excellent!

Thanks, T
Posted By: firesong Re: One of These Days - 01/30/23 01:24 AM
Brad, Dani, Janice, Bud and Torrey...thanks to all for all of the kind comments...so glad you enjoyed the song! Dan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: One of These Days - 01/30/23 11:43 AM
I pushed play before putting on headphones (wife is still sleeping and I had to set them up) so after reading BD's comment I know I'd be playing this one more than once --I usually DO listen to your songs more than once. Excellent choices for the band. I used to give credits to the BiaB players until I learned they prefer we didn't. At first I thought it was contract issues, but after thinking about it, realized it was more likely they would all know that if they sat in on the session their contribution would be so much better. Many thanks to BiaB for relieving us of that expense.

Giggling --yeah what a terrific opening, especially the comment after singing it over 400 times someone says, "I don't like it no more either." Challenge: let's see if I don't like it after playing it 400 times. I'll get back to you on that, Dan.
Posted By: firesong Re: One of These Days - 02/04/23 04:13 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

Giggling --yeah what a terrific opening, especially the comment after singing it over 400 times someone says, "I don't like it no more either." Challenge: let's see if I don't like it after playing it 400 times. I'll get back to you on that, Dan.

Hey Marty...how many listens are you on?...Be careful...after two or three hundred you're mind could explode and it's institutions from there on out!
© PG Music Forums